Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 804

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    541
    vCash
    1500

    C-USA, MAC, Mountain West, Sun Belt, WAC, and Independent's Thread

    What about Notre Dame? Where do we post?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    28,286
    vCash
    1500
    Right here buddy. We can have Nozz change this to the official Notre Dame thread or something.

    Speaking of ND what do you think of the season? Who whould start Jones, Clausen or Sharpley?

    I expect ND to go around 7-5 8-4. They are just young. I think they should just give the game ball to Clausen from the start but man thats a hell of a beginning and may not be the best idea.

    I mean playing GTech, Michigan, Penn State first three is not a nice start.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    Right here buddy. We can have Nozz change this to the official Notre Dame thread or something.

    Speaking of ND what do you think of the season? Who whould start Jones, Clausen or Sharpley?

    I expect ND to go around 7-5 8-4. They are just young. I think they should just give the game ball to Clausen from the start but man thats a hell of a beginning and may not be the best idea.

    I mean playing GTech, Michigan, Penn State first three is not a nice start.
    I'm right there with you on ND this year. Its gonna be an average year because they are so young. I predict they will roll out Clausen for 80% of the snaps, giving Jones the other 20%.

    Either way, we are losing to Michigan and USC by atleast 15.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,132
    vCash
    1470
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDublin View Post
    I'm right there with you on ND this year. Its gonna be an average year because they are so young. I predict they will roll out Clausen for 80% of the snaps, giving Jones the other 20%.

    Either way, we are losing to Michigan and USC by atleast 15.
    Yea I have to agree with you guys. I hope they can keep it to just a loss or two going into Southern Cal but that maybe pushing it.
    I don't think starting Clausen to start the season is smart. But I think we'll see him if they struggle early. I'm excited to see Armando Allen and some of the other big time recruits.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    Posts
    54,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    Right here buddy. We can have Nozz change this to the official Notre Dame thread or something.

    Speaking of ND what do you think of the season? Who whould start Jones, Clausen or Sharpley?

    I expect ND to go around 7-5 8-4. They are just young. I think they should just give the game ball to Clausen from the start but man thats a hell of a beginning and may not be the best idea.

    I mean playing GTech, Michigan, Penn State first three is not a nice start.
    This post just looks really hilarious right now

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    27,967
    vCash
    1500
    There's only 4 independents and Notre Dame is basically the only big one, so it really doesn't deserve its own forum but it can have its own thread...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Home of the Bias fans!
    Posts
    19,646
    vCash
    1500
    I will make this the Independents thread...and you all can talk about those schools in here ok...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Elgin, Illinois
    Posts
    66
    vCash
    1500

    Notre Dame

    What I don't get is why ND basketball team is on the big east and the football team are in no conferences? It makes no damn sense!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    27,967
    vCash
    1500
    Notre Dame gets more money for being and independent b/c they get to schedule all their games, they get exclusive broadcasting rights and market their own apparel. One other reason is because there are no independents in college basketball its pretty impossible to do a schedule with out a conference. Also Notre Dame Football is more prestigious then Basketball.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The 40 Acres
    Posts
    837
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yboord028 View Post
    Notre Dame gets more money for being and independent b/c they get to schedule all their games, they get exclusive broadcasting rights and market their own apparel. One other reason is because there are no independents in college basketball its pretty impossible to do a schedule with out a conference. Also Notre Dame Football is more prestigious then Basketball.
    Exactly what he said!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yboord028 View Post
    Notre Dame gets more money for being and independent b/c they get to schedule all their games, they get exclusive broadcasting rights and market their own apparel. One other reason is because there are no independents in college basketball its pretty impossible to do a schedule with out a conference. Also Notre Dame Football is more prestigious then Basketball.
    Exactly.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Home of the Bias fans!
    Posts
    19,646
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyboyd View Post
    What I don't get is why ND basketball team is on the big east and the football team are in no conferences? It makes no damn sense!!
    I dont understand that either....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,132
    vCash
    1470
    Also teams that are in a conference and make a bowl have to divide their bowl earning with all the other teams in the conference. Notre Dame doesn't have to split anything with anybody. So those big BCS payouts are a lot bigger for ND than other schools.
    I've also heard that Knute Rockne wanted to join the Big Ten for years back in the day and was not let in for various reasons.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    27,967
    vCash
    1500
    Well I'll Take Ownership of this Thread lol

    Schedule:
    Code:
     Date  	          Opponent  	            Time/Result  	
     	Sat, Sep 1 	Georgia Tech 	              3:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Sep 8 	at (24) Penn State 	    6:00 pm 	
     	Sat, Sep 15 	at (8) Michigan 	     3:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Sep 22 	Michigan State 	             3:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Sep 29 	at Purdue 	               TBA 	
     	Sat, Oct 6 	at UCLA 	                8:00 pm 	
     	Sat, Oct 13 	(20) Boston College 	    3:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Oct 20 	(4) USC 	                3:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Nov 3 	Navy 	                          2:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Nov 10 	Air Force 	                 2:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Nov 17 	Duke 	                         2:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Nov 24 	at Stanford 	               3:30 pm
    Last edited by yboord028; 08-09-2007 at 09:03 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,132
    vCash
    1470
    Quote Originally Posted by yboord028 View Post
    Well I'll Take Ownership of this Thread lol

    Schedule:
    Code:
     Date  	          Opponent  	            Time/Result  	
     	Sat, Sep 1 	Georgia Tech 	              3:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Sep 8 	at (24) Penn State 	    6:00 pm 	
     	Sat, Sep 15 	at (8) Michigan 	     3:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Sep 22 	Michigan State 	             3:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Sep 29 	at Purdue 	               TBA 	
     	Sat, Oct 6 	at UCLA 	                8:00 pm 	
     	Sat, Oct 13 	(20) Boston College 	    3:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Oct 20 	(4) USC 	                3:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Nov 3 	Navy 	                          2:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Nov 10 	Air Force 	                 2:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Nov 17 	Duke 	                         2:30 pm 	
     	Sat, Nov 24 	at Stanford 	               3:30 pm
    Are those numbers in quotes what the teams finished last season? I thought Michigan ended up higher than that.

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •