Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Brady Hoke fired! Michigan coaching search

Just got the notification on my phone via espn.

vCash
    Does this mean they have an idea of who they want to replace him with? Who are the top candidates?
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    They have Nussmeier for now to coach them (which I have a sneaking suspicion might be their choice). The other 2 candidates rumored are of couse Harbaugh and Les Miles. Neither of which I think are likely.

vCash
    He gone!

now what

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Does this mean they have an idea of who they want to replace him with? Who are the top candidates?
    They mentioned some really odd names to me on ESPN. Harbaugh and Miles, I don't see either of them coming. Miles has pretty much been blackballed by the school anyway, he would've taken it the last 2 times if it was actually offered.

Then they mentioned Greg Schiano, which terrifies me. He was interviewed last time right? I have a bad feeling he might be the guy once the big names turn us down.

The other name they floated out there was Pat Narduzzi (MSU DC). That would be a stunner imo, but I'd be on board. Would be weird as hell to get the DC from Sparty but hell even Bo came from OSU so why not? He's overdue for a HC job, and I'd be all over him if I was the AD

vCash
    man, Michigan, Nebraska, and UF all looking for coaches. That's some '90s firepower right there

vCash
    I look for Michigan to snag somebody away from a smaller Power 5 conference school and Nebraska to get a coach from the Mountain West or something along those lines.

vCash
    Narduzzi would be a great hire, in my opinion. He's long overdue for a head coaching role, and what better than to stay in state? Schiano is going to be on many lists I think, and if you are looking for a guy who is going to be demanding of players, he is the guy.

Why do people think Les Miles would leave LSU for Michigan? He has a great gig there, I don't understand why he would leave a program where he's going to win every year to rebuild Michigan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Narduzzi would be a great hire, in my opinion. He's long overdue for a head coaching role, and what better than to stay in state? Schiano is going to be on many lists I think, and if you are looking for a guy who is going to be demanding of players, he is the guy.

Why do people think Les Miles would leave LSU for Michigan? He has a great gig there, I don't understand why he would leave a program where he's going to win every year to rebuild Michigan.
    I don't get that either. He has been there at LSU for 10 years. In those 10 years

Won a National Championship in 2007

Played for a National Championship in 2011

Was in the national championship picture in 2005, 2006 and 2012 (had losses of 4 points or less in all 3 seasons that kept them out of the SEC/BCS Championship)

vCash
    Most any school and coach would kill to be in the National Championship hunt essentially every other year. There's absolutely no point in leaving.

vCash
    Most any school and coach would kill to be in the National Championship hunt essentially every other year. There's absolutely no point in leaving.
    The problem with that is expectations. If you go 8-4 even twice in a row it spells trouble.
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash

The local media here has been pushing for years. They tried it when Carr "left", when Rodriguez was fired and again now. Its no surprise to us at least. People are just trying to connect the dots since Les played and coached at Michigan.

vCash
    According to local media here Michigan reached out to Tennessee Head Coach Butch Jones. I wouldn't have really thought anything about this if not for several very connected people on local sports radio. They said that Tennessee AD Dave Hart flew back to Knoxville cutting a personal trip short to have negotiations about giving Butch Jones and his staff a raise. This before he was set to head out on a recruiting trip and the same day that Michigan officially announced that Brady Hoke was being let go.

So take that for what its worth. Either way it doesn't look like Butch Jones is leaving Tennessee. But if this is true then that is kinda shocking in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I think that Butch Jones is a pretty good coach but that doesn't seem like the caliber hire for a program like Michigan. But then again right now there aren't that many available big name coaches.

vCash
    Speculation is BS (at this point). Best to wait, and not repeat every ridiculous rumor that comes down the pike.

vCash
    Butch Jones is from Michigan but I'm wondering if UM is really a step up from Tennessee at this point? The Vols played some good teams tough this year and had the win over SC. They look pointed in the right direction. I think Michigan has talent in the program but after seeing Rich Rod and Hoke flop I'm wondering if Jones would take the risk??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast