Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Arizona Controls Their Own Destiny

Win and we're in. I can't see a single reason why Arizona would be held out of the CFP if we beat Oregon and win the Pac12.

OSU wont be the same team with their QB out. Even if they win Sat I think they are done.

Big12 won't get two teams unless FSU losses to GT (the committe seems to hate FSU) or Bama loses to Mizzou. Pac12 winner will absolutely be represented since Oregon will stay top dog or Arizona will add another top 5 win to our resume.

Beyond the conference championship, our resume is best of any of the 2 loss teams. 2 wins vs Oregon (their only losses, 1 in Autzen, one in neutral site), @Utah, beating ASU, and one shanked 30 yard FG from beating USC as well

Win and I don't see how UA can be argued out of the playoffs.All a pipedream at the end of the day, can't see us beating Oregon twice, but so crazy that our program has a shot this late

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UofA View Post
    Win and we're in. I can't see a single reason why Arizona would be held out of the CFP if we beat Oregon and win the Pac12.

OSU wont be the same team with their QB out. Even if they win Sat I think they are done.

Big12 won't get two teams unless FSU losses to GT (the committe seems to hate FSU) or Bama loses to Mizzou. Pac12 winner will absolutely be represented since Oregon will stay top dog or Arizona will add another top 5 win to our resume.

Beyond the conference championship, our resume is best of any of the 2 loss teams. 2 wins vs Oregon (their only losses, 1 in Autzen, one in neutral site), @Utah, beating ASU, and one shanked 30 yard FG from beating USC as well

Win and I don't see how UA can be argued out of the playoffs.All a pipedream at the end of the day, can't see us beating Oregon twice, but so crazy that our program has a shot this late
    It'd be awesome but its not happening. Oregon is playing lights out and i can't see us beating them 3 times in two years.

0 wins, 169 points back from 30th

vCash
    one can dream. Just love being relevant at this point of the year

vCash
    one can dream. Just love being relevant at this point of the year
    Agreed, Rich Rod has done an awesome job. I just hope he doesn't bolt anytime soon.

vCash
    I don't see it happening even if they beat Oregon.

vCash
    If they beat Oregon it will be interesting to see if the Committee puts emphasis on being the Pac12 Champs.

If Ohio State loses to Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship, they'd still have FSU, Alabama, Baylor and TCU with 1 loss or less ahead of them. Would the committee drop Baylor and/or TCU for a 2-loss champion?
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    If Arizona does indeed take the Pac-12 championship, I think they would still need help to make the playoffs. They would have to hope that either Baylor or TCU takes a loss this week, as well as FSU or OSU being upset in their championship games as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    If Arizona does indeed take the Pac-12 championship, I think they would still need help to make the playoffs. They would have to hope that either Baylor or TCU takes a loss this week, as well as FSU or OSU being upset in their championship games as well.
    What if, hypothetically FSU, Oregon, OSU and Baylor all lose this weekend (all should win, but all have tough games). Who makes it in?

Alabama and TCU yes but then you'd have a ton of teams with 2 losses. Who gets in and who is left out?
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    This makes me hate Rich Rod so much more. **** Rich Rod and **** Dave Brandon.

That said I have no ill will to the University. Its nice to see some fresh faces playing well instead of the same old acts. I doubt they beat Oregon but its definitely not out of the real of possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I don't see the big12 getting two teams in even if both finish with one loss. Not having a CCG is going to hurt one of them

And I even if they beat wis, I think the committee will look past the black and white of records and say that OSU is not one of the 4 best teams in the country with a 3rd string qb. Plus the quality of losses (prepare for super homer) almost equals with OSU getting **** canned at home by a .500 acc team while UA lost to ranked opponents in @ucla and by two when they shanked a 30 yard fg against USC with 0:02 seconds left.

The committee has shown with fsu it's not just black and white with win-loss. And a pac12 ship>>>>big10 ship

vCash
    I don't see the big12 getting two teams in even if both finish with one loss. Not having a CCG is going to hurt one of them

And I even if they beat wis, I think the committee will look past the black and white of records and say that OSU is not one of the 4 best teams in the country with a 3rd string qb. Plus the quality of losses (prepare for super homer) almost equals with OSU getting **** canned at home by a .500 acc team while UA lost to ranked opponents in @ucla and by two when they shanked a 30 yard fg against USC with 0:02 seconds left.

The committee has shown with fsu it's not just black and white with win-loss. And a pac12 ship>>>>big10 ship
    Don't look now, but the Big 12 is not going to go through with their tiebreaker plans and if TCU and Baylor win this weekend, they will be recognized as co Big 12 champions. The view from the playoff committee is that Baylor loss was to an unranked WVU team, while TCU lost theirs to Baylor.

vCash
    How does Arizona control their own destiny when a committee decides the teams?

They need teams to lose. The playoff committee hasn't changed their top 7 teams for weeks. They aren't all of the sudden gonna jump a 2-loss Arizona team over several 1-loss teams into the top 4 because of a win against Oregon.

The only teams that "control their destiny" right now are Alabama, Oregon and Florida State. They have been locked in as the top 3 teams by the playoff committee. With Conference Championship wins over Missouri (9-2), Arizona (9-2) and Georgia Tech (9-2) there is no way they get jumped....

Whereas you have TCU, Baylor and Ohio State are currently fighting for that final spot. TCU plays Iowa State and really can't improve their standing with the committee. Whereas Baylor plays Kansas State and Ohio State plays Wisconsin in games that could sway the committee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    This makes me hate Rich Rod so much more. **** Rich Rod and **** Dave Brandon.

That said I have no ill will to the University. Its nice to see some fresh faces playing well instead of the same old acts. I doubt they beat Oregon but its definitely not out of the real of possibility.
    Be mad at Michigan for getting rid of him just cause he wasn't a "Michigan guy". He's been a great coach so far.

vCash
    Wildcats are #7!!!

vCash

How about this one?

Arizona gets DESTROYED in the Pac-12 Championship game (blown out by 38 points) and misses the New Year's Six (completely).

Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by JV35; 12-06-2014 at 01:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast