Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 364 of 2788 FirstFirst ... 2643143543623633643653663744144648641364 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 41807
    vCash
    thread is now not a sticky.

vCash
    this thread is now not a sticky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbolter73 View Post
    Kane has said recently, like within the last week, that his ankle isn't 100%. He has looked better on this road trip he has been just half a second to late on a lot of plays that he usually makes. Long season, young guy. Use of the healthy scratch to send a message is a common practice at all levels of hockey. Not usually used for top line guys but it does get the point across. I don't think Kane is in a situation where a healthy scratch is going to help him mentally. Maybe a night off because of the leg but if he feels he can go he should go and work through it. If you are going to even mention a healthy scratch, look at Sharp first. He has been non-existant since before the winter Classic. I'm sure he can get it together but where the hell did he go? I think Seabrook is playing well for the most part. He is playing more defense this season since we have so many offensive D-men and I can appreciate that. DIdn't see the Vancouver game but i'm not going to judge anybody in one of the few butt whoopings we have taken this year.

sharp has been a non-factor.

what is funny is i heard the same about kane, but yet he participated in the skills and played in the allstar game. if he wasnt 100%, he shouldnt have played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    http://national-hockey-league-nhl.su...ear_candidates

pretty decent read about the race. i'm also confused on wheeler. does anyone know what has gone down throughout his career?

i havnt found anywhere that it says exactly what happened. But from what I can gather, it sounds like he was drafted 5th overall in 04 by phoenix but that they didn't sign him for some reason....?? So then he signed with boston over this past offseason. Can anyone verify that... and if that is what happened, why in the hell didn't we offer him more??....

i would have liked to offer him the money that we gave niemi. i dont remember how much we gave niemi but i'm sure it would have been enough to get wheeler. and i know, everyone will say that niemi will be great and whatever, but have you seen his stats since his nice start?? i think he started out winning like 10 or 11 out of the 1st 12 games, and now his record is 12-12. not saying that records are a great indication of anything but that says something to me. also, crawford's stats are pretty much the same in every category compared to niemis. so was he really that great of a signing?...
    all i know is i hope versteeg isnt a one year guy and disappears. he looks like he has potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    Havlat is pimp
    lol!

vCash
    I really like versteeg because the kid plays with a bit of an edge. He isn't going to take people running him or taking liberties. I've seen him b about as crazy on the ice as they come. He isn't a big guy but dosn't let that really hold him back. I wish I saw a bit more out of Kaner. Niemi has been pretty up and down all year. I've seen him look NHL ready and i've seen him look IHL ready. He i good but with the goalies we have and that are coming he's trade bate. Crawford is by leaps and bounds superior. Not that Niemi wont pan out but with Fallon and Unice in the system to we have to much goaltending (if there is such a thing?) And People over pay for goaltending just ike staring pitching in baseball. Good for the future in a lot of ways. And Bobby Ryan is freaking money. Would have started the year in the show if it wasn't for the cap trouble the Ducks have. I won't be shocked if he wins it for sure.

vCash
    -7 looks bad but +/- can be a pretty sneaky stat. He can play a really solid D game.

vCash
    Now that I agree with!

vCash
    The one problem I have with Versteeg is that he disappears against a physical team. He seriously seems afraid to go in the corner against a physical team and can get knocked off the puck easily if they play the body on him. This is something he is going to have to work on if he wants to be more consistent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    http://national-hockey-league-nhl.su...ear_candidates

pretty decent read about the race. i'm also confused on wheeler. does anyone know what has gone down throughout his career?

i havnt found anywhere that it says exactly what happened. But from what I can gather, it sounds like he was drafted 5th overall in 04 by phoenix but that they didn't sign him for some reason....?? So then he signed with boston over this past offseason. Can anyone verify that... and if that is what happened, why in the hell didn't we offer him more??....

i would have liked to offer him the money that we gave niemi. i dont remember how much we gave niemi but i'm sure it would have been enough to get wheeler. and i know, everyone will say that niemi will be great and whatever, but have you seen his stats since his nice start?? i think he started out winning like 10 or 11 out of the 1st 12 games, and now his record is 12-12. not saying that records are a great indication of anything but that says something to me. also, crawford's stats are pretty much the same in every category compared to niemis. so was he really that great of a signing?...
    that is correct. Wheeler was drafted by Phoenix and never signed with the organization but he got to the point where he wasnt under control with the Phoenix organization anymore and became an unrestricted free agent. Boston gave him 2 years with almost a 4 million dollar bonus(1.95 per year).

And dont worry every single team in the NHL especially the Leafs are thinking why did we not sign this guy.

As for Versteeg for ROY I dont know where this argument is at this point but as of right now it looks like Versteeg is gonna be 3rd or 4th in the ROY voting behind Bobby Ryan and Steve Mason. The big question for ROY is whether you want the PPG forward or the 2.09 GAA goaltender?

vCash
    If I remember correctly, Wheeler always wanted to go to Boston and that was a big driving force in him going there. There were about 5 other teams in the sweepstakes but his desire to go to Boston is what really made his contract happen. Great sign by the Bruins though

vCash
    Aahhhhh!!!!! We should have a sticky prospect thread!!!!!!
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    DS, it is the other way around.

When you waive a player, if another team picks him up, they pay for his full salary and you are off the books. Unless it is re-entry waivers then you are on the hook for half.

When you buy out a player you still have a cap hit for what you had to pay them to get them off your roster. Go to nhlnumbers.com and click on the Blackhawks. Scroll down and you will still see that Brown is counting against our cap, even though he hasn't played for us for 4 years. Buying out is a last ditch effort move, you never want to do it. Huet could be traded, someone would take him, that is a more possible move than buying him out, that is for sure.
    I would love to know what team would take huets contract. i think he is unmoveable

vCash

What will make you happy in 09?

What will make you happy in 09?

vCash
    When I said that Huet could be traded, I was focusing more on the summer not during the year. There are teams this summer that would trade for Huet, you better believe that.