Justin Masterson
    Michael Bowden
    Craig Hansen?

Hitters:
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Jed Lowrie
    Brandon Moss
    Lars Anderson
    I would also add Aaron Bates to the hitters list and Kris Johnson on the pitchers list

vCash
    Me in like a year or two
    beatin down yo block

5. 09-03-2007, 03:25 PM

vCash
    Clayton Kershaw, the kid is the next Johan.

vCash
    Cardinals- Adam Ottavino, Colby Rasmus, Allen Craig, Jon Jay, Jaime Garcia

vCash
    Meh..I'm a Giants fan..We don't have prospects. We only had one player in the minors this year. And that was Lincecum. He would pitch every game and hit every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -BayAreaJunkie- View Post
    Meh..I'm a Giants fan..We don't have prospects. We only had one player in the minors this year. And that was Lincecum. He would pitch every game and hit every time.
    I'll throw in a couple Giants prospects:
    Kevin Pucetas, Ben Snyder, Henry Sosa

And Cub prospects:
    Mitch Atkins, Donald Veal, Eric Patterson, Jose Ceda, Rafael Dolis, Chris Huseby, Tyler Colvin

vCash
    Yeah, Henry Sosa is someone I'm looking forward to see in a few years along with Villalona.

vCash
    I'm going to go with Oswaldo Navaro in the Mariner's system. He's young, and has got some pop in his bat considering he's only 150+ pounds. If that guy just put on about 40pounds of muscle mass, he'd be a force in the Mariner's infield, and pretty good at the top or bottom of their lineup.

vCash
    Dodgers

1.Clayton KERshaw LHP comparable johan santana
    2.Matt kemp RF comparable andruw jones
    3.james loney 1Bcomparable mark grace
    4.andy laroche3B comparable chipper jones

all 4 eithier ranked in the top 50 or our ranked in the top 50 the last 2 years in baseball america or baseball propectus

vCash
    Hitting: Colby Rasmus
    Pitching: Chris Perez
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    Mets?

Kazmir & Bannister

What ever happened to Lastings Milledge?

Yankees?
    Pitching:
    Russ Oldendorf
    Humberto Sanchez
    Joba Chamberlain (if considered that anymore, will be a rookie next year still)
    Phillip Hughes (not technically a rookie, but still a prospect)
    Ian Kennedy
    Alan Horne
    Edwar Ramirez

That leaves room to trade: Karstens, Rasner, DeSalvo, Clippard, Wright, Veras, Bean

Not much in the position players though, but just produced Melky and Cano..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i4c View Post
    Mets?

Kazmir & Bannister
    What ever happened to Lastings Milledge?

Yankees?
    Pitching:
    Russ Oldendorf
    Humberto Sanchez
    Joba Chamberlain (if considered that anymore, will be a rookie next year still)
    Phillip Hughes (not technically a rookie, but still a prospect)
    Ian Kennedy
    Alan Horne
    Edwar Ramirez

That leaves room to trade: Karstens, Rasner, DeSalvo, Clippard, Wright, Veras, Bean

Not much in the position players though, but just produced Melky and Cano..
    Wow, you are off here by a lot.

First, its Ross Ohlendorf...and he is going to be an ok reliever...he certainly doesn't warrant the top of this list. The pitching list should look like this:

Phil Hughes
    Joba Chamberlain
    Ian Kennedy
    Dellin Betances
    Alan Horne
    Humberto Sanchez
    Andrew Brackman

Edwar Ramirez is 26 years old and only has 1 pitch...and unfortunately for him, his other pitches are so mediocre that you can sit on his change up or fastball and drill it.

Jeff Karstens, Darrell Rasner, Steven White, Jose Veras, and T.J. Beam (I'm assuming that is who you mean, because Colter BEAN isn't in the organization anymore) all are very mediocre...which is why they don't fit into the Yankees top prospects list.

Tyler Clippard, Chase Wright, and Jeff Marquez are not in the top pitching prospects category, but that doesn't mean they are bad. Clippard is a guy who prides himself and makes his living off of control, which he lost for some reason this year. If he can get his head back on straight, there is no reason he can't successfully pitch as a #4-#5 starter in the majors. Chase Wright is a left handed pitcher, so he will definitely get a chance to pitch regularly somewhere. He could make a useful starter or reliever some day.

Jeff Marquez is kind of the wild-card of the group. He doesn't have awesome stuff, but he is a lot like Chien-Ming Wang. He is a ground ball machine and could make himself into a solid #3 starter with a downside of #4-#5. He probably has the brightest future of the three pitchers mentioned above.

Now, here is another place I disagree with you. The Yankees do have position prospects, but they are in short supply. The Yankees went well out of their way this past draft to help address this issue.

They drafted: SS Carmen Angelini, 3B Brad Suttle, C Austin Romine, C Richard Weems, 2B Damon Sublett, and OF Taylor Grote.

Angelini and Suttle are considered the jewels of that crop with Sublett, Romine, and Grote all still unknown with lots of potential.

The Yankees always do a good job on the International Free Agent front and this year was no exception.

The Yankees do have some promising prospects in the OF in the forms of Jose Tabata, Austin Jackson, and Brett Gardener. Tabata and Jackson can hit and project to hit for a solid amount of power while Gardener projects to be a .300 hitter and steal about 50 bases.

The Yankees are lacking in the position prospects, but it certainly isn't a barren wasteland. Luckily for them, they have enough pitching prospects to deal if they were looking to upgrade their position prospects.

vCash
    lol, Aroy laying down the law.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast