Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    ill continue the trend of new peeps on here
    im Kev, been a huge flyers fan since basically birth, love the sport and i love the direction the team keeps going in.
    2010-2011 is going to be a great great year

vCash
    Ok, so just got back from a business trip in Europe. There are 500 tales to tell about it, but here is the one PSD friends might find most interesting.

To give a little perspective, I spent 7 days/ 6 nights zig-zagging across Europe for various business concerns. There was lots of work done, but also plenty of relaxing with cocktails (in a tent with 2,500 other people on Oktoberfest, for just one example).

We hit the Amsterdam in the Netherlands, Strasbourg in France, and Koln (Cologne) in Germany as well as several other smaller German cities, with our flight scheduled to leave this morning from Zurich, Switzerland.

Anyway, my travelling companion and I decide to hit "old city" Zurich for dinner, and as we wander aimlessly through the shopping district, we pick a random bar to have a pre-meal pint in, a little English-themed Pub. We get a couple of Guiness and start chatting with the other English-speaking people at the end of the bar; a couple and a single gentleman. After 20-30 minutes the single gentleman asks me where I'm from, I tell him New Jersey.

He says, "You a Devils fan?"

I say, "No, born and raised a Flyers guy."

At this point I take a moment to actually look at the guy.

I say, "Wait... you're not... are you... Mr. Keenan?"

Terry O'Brien from Cape May on a business trip through Europe in Zurich, Switzerland walking into a random pub on a random street in a foreign city sits down next to Mike Keenan, greatest coach in Flyers history.

Just... there are no words. Perfect end to my perfect trip.

So, thought I'd share that with you guys.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Great story. You sure are lucky.

vCash
    Die-hard Flyers fan! From slower-lower Delaware. My father is from Boyertown so I grew up a Philly fan, but the Flyers remain the only Philly team in my heart.

vCash
    I'm from Prince Edward Island, Canada. I'm a huge Flyers fan and still love playing hockey myself at 41. I love hard-nosed hockey so it shouldn't be any surprise that my favorite player is Mike Richards. I love his gritty style of play mixed with actual talent and desire to win.

vCash
    I never actually did this so I suppose I should now. I'm from Bucks County, Pa (30 min outside of philly. I was born and raised in an "all philly teams" house, but the Flyers are my number 1 passion. I'm trying to become a sports analyst or sports radio show host, so I spend a lot of time reading sports articles and now posting in this forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poultsy View Post
    I'm from Prince Edward Island, Canada. I'm a huge Flyers fan and still love playing hockey myself at 41. I love hard-nosed hockey so it shouldn't be any surprise that my favorite player is Mike Richards. I love his gritty style of play mixed with actual talent and desire to win.
    Wow.. I am from PEI myself, grew up in Montague... Currently living in Halifax.. Small world.

vCash
    Huge Flyers fan. Grew up in South Jersey, now live in Harrisburg Pa. Have a 13 year old son who loves the Flyers, and I try to get him to as many games as possible.

vCash
    Never did this so here we go.

Hey my name is obviously Tim. I am located merely 25 minutes outside of the city in Warminster. I am a huuuuggeeee fan of the Flyers and have become a bigger fan of the NHL in general in recent years. I play hockey and I feel I am quite knowledgable and have alot to offer towards discussions. This site has been a savior for me as (and I know alot of you have to know what I am talking about) very few of my friends would be able to have a conversation about the Flyers with me without thinking I am crazy for caring so much. I signed up last year but only recently have been posting regularly. Siked for the upcoming season!

vCash
    hey guys,

Huge flyers/eagles fan, I've been using this website for years to get underground info on trade/free agency rumors. Finally decided to join. Flyers forum seems pretty friendly compared to the NFL stuff, so guess i'll stick around here for a little bit.

vCash
    Formally signing back into this site for the first time in a while.
    New look Flyers, hope these kids can erase the stink from the last, ohhhh, 3 1/2 months of the season last year!
    Can't wait to drop the puck. F--- Boston!

vCash
    Its time for some Flyers hockey lets get all Flyered up guys, GO FLYERS

vCash
    Name's Patrick. I've been a Flyers fan since Wayne Gretzky 3D hockey. I was about 6 when it came out, and I became a fan because I had a weird thing for orange. Started watching hockey the following year and just fell in love with the Philly mentality and the Broadstreet Bully aura. Never wavered as a fan, and I can't wait to see what we do this year.

Happy Summer 2014. Welcome it in with half an hour of awesome, courtesy of yours truly - Patrick Montgomery - and my new EDM megamix, Why You Heff to Bang Mad?

vCash
    Hey guys. the names billy from milwaukee, wi. Been a huge flyers fan since my father cheered for them in the glory years of the 70s and 80s. started watching as a kid in the early 90s and was hooked. Obviously as all of you know ive witnessed the sweep in the finals to the redwings and most recently losing out to the blackhawks. My all time favorite players are John Leclair and Ronnie Hextall. My current favorite player is Claude Giroux and I just picked up a nice china authentic jersey which looks pretty good if you ask me. Go flyers!

vCash
    From Toronto Canada, 30yr flyers fan right in the middle of Leafs land and have been hearing it for years. My dad was a flyers fan in the 70's, when he came to Canada they were winning championships and being the italian hard-head he is, he really enjoyed the way they beat-up the league doing it-so the flyers dominated our home. Also, grew-up in the same area as Peter Zezel, was big news when he got picked and suited for the flyers, he became instant celebrity and it reinforced my support for the team-bless his soul as he was taken too soon.
    Last edited by im_cruzin; 02-05-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast