Assists: Voracek (14)

ES Goals: 1Couturier (7)

ES Assists: Voracek (9)

ES Points: 1Couturier (12)

GAA: Neuvirth (2.30)

SV%: Neuvirth (.925)

Team Record: 6-5-0

LET'S GO FLYERS

Last edited by phillyeaglesman; 10-29-2017 at 06:59 PM.

A little pump up video at the bottom there, credit to Sons of Penn for the awesome work.

Anything missing or suggestions for the game thread? Everyone ok with doing a monthly game thread?

Figure we can add wins, losses, stats as we go. If you guys want we can keep track of some of the advanced stats as well, maybe like an advanced stats heroes and zeros section. Though for that I think we should wait until about the quarter pole due to sample size.

Thoughts? Critiques?

Nasty road trip to start the year. They need to pull out at least 2 wins on this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    A little pump up video at the bottom there, credit to Sons of Penn for the awesome work.

Anything missing or suggestions for the game thread? Everyone ok with doing a monthly game thread?

Figure we can add wins, losses, stats as we go. If you guys want we can keep track of some of the advanced stats as well, maybe like an advanced stats heroes and zeros section. Though for that I think we should wait until about the quarter pole due to sample size.

Thoughts? Critiques?
    Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Nasty road trip to start the year. They need to pull out at least 2 wins on this trip.
    the good thing is that i believe the opening night home records are low (last year Im pretty sure a lot of teams lost their home opener). Gotta come out strong!!

so pumped that its finally here. Lindblom and Sanheim will be up soon. Hope patrick gets his first one and we start off strong.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    so pumped that its finally here. Lindblom and Sanheim will be up soon. Hope patrick gets his first one and we start off strong.
    Goals for October:

(1) Hakstol fired
    (2) MacDonald sent to AHL
    (3) Sanheim full-time starter
    (4) Lindblom back up
    (5) Patrick & Konecny scoring
    (6) Giroux at PPG
    (7) Goaltenders not awful

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Goals for October:

(1) Hakstol fired
    (2) MacDonald sent to AHL
    (3) Sanheim full-time starter
    (4) Lindblom back up
    (5) Patrick & Konecny scoring
    (6) Giroux at PPG
    (7) Goaltenders not awful

I see 5, 6 and 7 as realistic.

1-4 is just sour grapes and not worth getting your hopes up.

(1) - (4) are in the best long-term interests of the organization.

Sanheim is a superior player to AMac. Period. The best players should be on the roster; the worst players should be in the AHL.
    Lindblom is better than (at least) 3 of the forwards on the opening night roster.

Hakstol is not an NHL-caliber coach and should be replaced. I'm done. I've seen absolutely no improvement in terms of system, structure, roster management and player management to suggest that he's learned anything from the utter disaster that was last season. At this point, I think we're harming the kids more than helping by allowing his flawed approach, system and methodology to contaminate the organization.

Ok, so you can continue to blow a gasket, I'll move on with my life and realize it's out of my control. I got my anger out already.

D pairs switched up at morning skate:

Provy-AMac
    Manning-Gudas
    Ghost-Hagg
    Morin-Sanheim

I'd say Morin and Sanheim are your scratches tonight. Such a shame. All three should be playing.

Though to be fair (for lack of a better term), Hextall never said the rookies wouldn't be scratched, he just said they wouldn't be scratched for most of the year. I believe 30 games was the exact quote he gave. In other words, they'll play most of the games this year, but like TK last year, don't be surprised to see them sit 4-5 games for "developmental purposes".

Ok, so you can continue to blow a gasket, I'll move on with my life and realize it's out of my control. I got my anger out already.

Provy-AMac
    Manning-Gudas
    Ghost-Hagg
    Morin-Sanheim

I'd say Morin and Sanheim are your scratches tonight. Such a shame. All three should be playing.

Though to be fair (for lack of a better term), Hextall never said the rookies wouldn't be scratched, he just said they wouldn't be scratched for most of the year. I believe 30 games was the exact quote he gave. In other words, they'll play most of the games this year, but like TK last year, don't be surprised to see them sit 4-5 games for "developmental purposes".
    And I'm the one "blowing a gasket"?

Guess what, it's out of all of our control. But that doesn't mean that we can't discuss it. You now have two better players (Sanheim + Morin) sitting out, while two inferior players (Manning + AMac) play a combined 45 minutes. Guess what? That's not good for the organization. That's not good for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    (1) - (4) are in the best long-term interests of the organization.

Sanheim is a superior player to AMac. Period. The best players should be on the roster; the worst players should be in the AHL.
    Lindblom is better than (at least) 3 of the forwards on the opening night roster.

Hakstol is not an NHL-caliber coach and should be replaced. I'm done. I've seen absolutely no improvement in terms of system, structure, roster management and player management to suggest that he's learned anything from the utter disaster that was last season. At this point, I think we're harming the kids more than helping by allowing his flawed approach, system and methodology to contaminate the organization.
    amen

Provy-AMac
    Manning-Gudas
    Ghost-Hagg
    Morin-Sanheim

Your anger is pretty tame haha

What’s bad: They won two championships 40 years ago through felony assault and still haven’t adjusted to today’s game where attempted murders are mostly frowned upon. The Flyers are no longer that thuggish team—last year’s team was the third-least penalized in franchise history—but they also don’t have much in the way of talent. Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek combined to earn $17 million and score 34 goals. Shayne Gostisbehere is their one fun player and their TV newsman haircut of a coach spent last season trying to beat that creativity out of him with repeated benchings while Andrew MacDonald—arguably the worst defenseman/contract combo in the league—plays 20 minutes a night. This team deserves all the disappointment it gets.
    via deadspin

AMac with Provy and Guess with Manning...i guess we are tanking? Lol

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast