Follow us on Twitter

vCash

IGT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Philadelphia Flyers

Time: 7:00pm
    Place: Wells Fargo Center

News & Notes:

- TB has struggled of late, going just 3-4-1 in December
    - TB is coming off a loss to PIT last night
    - Ben Bishop was injured last night and will not be available to play tonight
    - Flyers are coming off of a 5-1 win over CAR on Saturday afternoon
    - Flyers are 3-4-3 over their last 10 games
    - Sean Couturier is riding a 6 game point streak, tying a career high; he has 3 goals and 4 assists over that span

vCash
    forgot to mention they will be honoring peter Forsberg, who I have the pleasure to get to meet tonight!!

vCash
    cant wait to spend 3 hours envying the youth and speed of Tampa. Their roster has just exploded in the last 3 years or so. Great drafting and signing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    cant wait to spend 3 hours envying the youth and speed of Tampa. Their roster has just exploded in the last 3 years or so. Great drafting and signing
    My favorite part about their lineu, is ask any Tampa fan their opinion of Carle.. and they want him gone. It makes me laugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    My favorite part about their lineu, is ask any Tampa fan their opinion of Carle.. and they want him gone. It makes me laugh
    hah I actually didn't know about that

poor Carle

vCash
    Simmonds is on fire.

That is all.

vCash
    Small factoid, not even including tonights assist, Mark Streit is on pace for 11 goals and 40 assists this year. And he's never missed a game since being a Flyer. I dont think Homer gets any praise for that signing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Small factoid, not even including tonights assist, Mark Streit is on pace for 11 goals and 40 assists this year. And he's never missed a game since being a Flyer. I dont think Homer gets any praise for that signing.
    Might be able to swing a first round pick from a contender for him at the TDL. Id move him in a heartbeat for that return.

TB reestablished themselves that period. Starting to take over.

Stamkos + Drouin = not fair

vCash
    what happened to Laughton having little NHL-level offensive upside? kid has some moves in there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Might be able to swing a first round pick from a contender for him at the TDL. Id move him in a heartbeat for that return.

TB reestablished themselves that period. Starting to take over.

Stamkos + Drouin = not fair
    I still rather keep Streit for one more year to be Morin's partner. Morin's development is worth more to me than a high 20's pick. obviously UNLESS they find someone else to be an ideal partner for him (mobile, fluent in French, established leader veteran)

vCash
    Streit and Del Zotto are the only D-men I actually like on this team and of course Del Zotto is a healthy scratch. Laughton has been impressive, just needs to finish. But most of the forwards have that problem. Still can't beat Tampa on the 2nd night of a back to back.