Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Ramos amazing?

Voters
97665. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Official Peter John Ramos Thread

This is a thread dedicated to the whereabouts and rumblings of our favorite funny-haired former Wizard,
    Peter "Party" John Ramos

Birthdate: May 23, 1985
    Height: 7' 3"
    Weight: 290 pounds
    Country of Origin: Puerto Rico

Amazingness: Infinite.

Biography:

6' 8" at the age of 15, Peter John Ramos caught the attention of scouts because of his incredible height. He soon became playing for a professional team in Puerto Rico, despite his lack of basketball skills/general intelligence. He started to learn the basics of basketball during his first year on the team and quickly showed the skills that would make him a star for years to come. He progressed quickly and earned team MVP honors in leading his high school team to 2 championships. Ramos also won Most Improved Player in 2002.
    During the summer of 2004, Ramos announced his intentions to enter the NBA draft. Many experts had him tabbed as a mid to late first rounder. He ultimately ended up as a second round selection, 32nd overall and a steal, by the Washington Wizards, a team desperate for big man help. He struggled in his initial NBA season.
    Because of his lack of production, the Wizards sent him down to the D-League at the start of the 2005-06 season. There he became an all-star and the greatest 7 foot tall Puerto Rican shot-blocker in D-League history. He was rewarded with a call-up to the NBA, which lasted 2 phenomenal days before he was eventually waived by the Wizards in 2006.

Career Accomplishments:

Third Puerto Rican player ever to be drafted into the NBA
    2006-07 NBDL All-Star Selection
    2006-07 All-NBDL Honorable Mention

Code:
    YEAR 	TEAM 	G 	GS 	MPG 	FG% 	3P% 	FT% 	OFF 	DEF 	RPG 	APG 	SPG 	BPG 	TO 	PF 	PPG
    04-05 	WAS   	6 	0 	3.3 	.500 	.000 	.500 	.2 	.5 	.7 	.0 	.00 	.17 	.50 	.70 	1.8
    Career 	        6       0 	3.3 	.500 	.000 	.500 	.2 	.5 	.7 	.0 	.00 	.10 	.50 	.70 	1.8
    Per 48 minutes:
    Code:
     Season  Ag Tm  Lg     G    MP   FG  FGA  3P  3PA   FT  FTA  ORB  DRB  TRB  AST STL BLK  TO  PF  PTS
    +------------------+----+-----+----+----+---+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+---+---+---+---+----+
     2004-05 19 WAS NBA    6    20 10.0 20.0 0.0  0.0  2.0  4.0  2.0  6.0  8.0  0.0 0.0 2.0 6.0 8.0 22.0
    Salary:
    Code:
    2004-05 $600,000
    2005-06	$660,000
    2006-07	$384,776
    Career (may be incomplete) $1,644,776
    Pictures:
    AUTOGRAPHED!
    Famous Hair 1
    Famous Hair 2
    Famous Hair 3
    Monster Dunk

Interesting Links/Links Used in the Creation of this post:
    Wikipedia Entry
    NBA.com Profile
    Wizznutzz Tribute
    NBA Live-PJR style
    Hilarious Interview

Last edited by tranman; 06-03-2009 at 07:38 PM.

OFFICIAL PETER JOHN RAMOS THREAD
    Thanks for 11 great years, Donovan. You will forever be a legend.
    Michael Lee: "If Donovan McNabb is really coming to D.C. He might want to re-think wearing No. 5 - Heath Shuler, Juwan Howard & Kwame Brown. Nuff said."

vCash
    Time + Boredom = PJR Thread

**I will be updating this thread when any news is available.
    Last edited by tranman; 09-29-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Michael Lee: "If Donovan McNabb is really coming to D.C. He might want to re-think wearing No. 5 - Heath Shuler, Juwan Howard & Kwame Brown. Nuff said."

vCash
    you and your love for PJR...you even have him as your screen name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenas519 View Post
    you and your love for PJR...you even have him as your screen name

My screenname was a joke I had with some friends a few years ago...
    Last edited by tranman; 09-29-2007 at 03:17 PM.

vCash
    iam glad to see that you guys are takin time out of your day to try and bring down my boyfriend , but as far as some of the REAL fans that is showing support we thank you for that .he is doing very well and he is good at what he does no matter what team he plays for, and as far as his hair goes, well i have that on lock he will for now on keep that fuzz ball done lol so for those of you who think he is a joke . keep on thinking what you think and do what you do you will be at one of his games wearing his jersey number, and maybe even mines too # 23 .but thanks for the support from those who are and to the people who are not showing support and thinking that his career is a joke.. well soon the joke will be on u ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ramosgirl23 View Post
    iam glad to see that you guys are takin time out of your day to try and bring down my boyfriend , but as far as some of the REAL fans that is showing support we thank you for that .he is doing very well and he is good at what he does no matter what team he plays for, and as far as his hair goes, well i have that on lock he will for now on keep that fuzz ball done lol so for those of you who think he is a joke . keep on thinking what you think and do what you do you will be at one of his games wearing his jersey number, and maybe even mines too # 23 .but thanks for the support from those who are and to the people who are not showing support and thinking that his career is a joke.. well soon the joke will be on u ..
    lmao....i know this is son of a vet... i know it is!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenas519 View Post
    lmao....i know this is son of a vet... i know it is!
    well this is some crazy stuff people are so fake , and young minded, i see it like this at least he mad it to the nba he did and is doing somthing that people wish they could be doing

vCash
    Why would his girlfriend have access to a computer.

vCash
    Ramos is tha shiz!! Watch out, he's gonna make a comeback to the NBA!!!

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    PJR was a NBDL all-star once.

vCash
    Hey tranman can I make an official thread dedicated to Kwame Brown?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
    Hey tranman can I make an official thread dedicated to Kwame Brown?
    Sure, why not. Be sure to use the same format I used. (meaning the order of things) That is, if you want a sweet thread like this one .

btw, your sig is kind of distracting me...

vCash
    Sorry, it's meant to do that!

vCash

Old PJR Interview

When did you start playing basketball?

Peter John Ramos: I started playing when I was 13. I used to play when I was in New York, but not much. But then, they got me a coach and I started playing seriously.

How tall are you exactly? In some places I've read 7-foot-2, in others 7-foot-3...

PJR: Right now, I weigh 280 pounds and I'm 7-foot-4.

Is it true that you are still growing?

PJR: It could be. I don't know. I don't know for sure.

You declared yourself eligible for the draft three weeks ago. Who advised you to do that?

PJR: Nobody. It was my own decision. It was a decision I made myself. I've been working hard and I think I deserve it. I think it was the best decision for me.

What are your plans for the next two months? Are you going to play in the Puerto Rican league or will you come to the U.S. so that NBA teams can see you?

PJR: I have not made any decision about it yet. I don't know. For now, I'm just going to keep working hard on my game and then we'll see.

Is there any chance that you pull your name out of the draft?

PJR: It's possible. We'll see. If I'm not going to be among the Top 15, I may pull my name out of the draft. But if they are going to take me between 1-15, I'm definitely staying in the draft.

So the 15th pick would be enough for you?

PJR: Yes. Anywhere between the No.1 pick and the 15th pick is fine with me.

If you don't go to the NBA next year, would you consider the possibility of playing in Europe?

PJR: I have not made a decision about it. That's not the plan, but you never know how things are going to work out. We'll see.

Do you follow the NBA much in Puerto Rico?

PJR: Yes.

Any team you like in special?

PJR: I've always liked the Lakers. They have been my favorite team since I was a kid. But if it's about the draft, I don't care about the team. Any team that selects me, I'm going there.

What's your favorite player in the NBA?

PJR: My favorite player is Shaquille O'Neal.

Felix Rivera, the president of your club (Criollos de Caguas), said that you could be a dominant player like Shaq or Yao in a couple of years. Do you agree with him?

PJR: Of course I do. I know that when I get there, I'm going to shine. I know that because I've worked very hard and I'm going to continue working very hard to achieve my goals.

In which areas of your game do you think you have to work on the most?

PJR: I work on everything. I know I have some good things, but I have to work on everything every day.

How would you describe yourself as a player in a few words?

PJR: I would describe myself as a player who works really hard. I pursue my dreams to the fullest. And I'm a player that likes challenges. I would also have to say that I'm very focused on what I do. Very focused.
    Link

vCash

Some real gems in that interview...

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast