Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Thread

vCash

Season Thread

Just creating a thread for general comments, opinions and ideas as the season moves along.

I want to throw out there that we sholdn't be too down on the Wiz - that was a tough road trip and they had the first game in OKC wrapped up. I think that took a lot out of them.
    They're returning home with a favorable schedule and will get some wins.
    While 2-6 looks bad, things will definitely get better.

vCash
    The OKC loss hurt a lot. That could have been a huge momentum swing.

vCash
    Another nice win against Atlanta without Beal in the lineup. It will be great to be full strength and able to work Porter into some minutes soon. Hopefully Nene's foot heals okay.

At 8-9, a favorable stretch that the Wiz needs to take advantage of. The East in general looks very weak with only a few teams at the top - Miami and Indiana. Chicago will probably slide as the season progresses. I see no reason they can't finish 2nd in this division. This team will get better as the season moves forward. Better bench play at all positions. This team is headed in the right direction.
    Brooklyn seems to be a mess and New York can't win games. A wide-open path to the playoffs.

I think the trade for Gortat will be proven to work out. They have a complete starting team right now with some bench players coming in with valuable minutes.

vCash
    We play a bad magics team tomm and a bad bucs team coming up. We are 4-2 at home we have a chance to be second behind the heat. We are playoff bound if we keep this up.

Al harrington and porter will help us hig time.

vCash
    This Wizzards forum is awesome.
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    The bench is really killing them right now. Eric Maynor is awful. I don't think you can play much worse than he has this year. It would help if the team was healthy. A bench including one of Webster or Ariza along with Harrington and Porter would at least be able to put up some points(I think). The Beal injury hurts. Webster and Ariza starting has been pretty good so far but leaves 0 bench production.

Hopefully Porter plays soon. The team is doing a good job of winning the games they should win. Which is easier said than done.

vCash
    Yeah, it's a little surprising how ineffective Maynor has been - I thought it was a good pickup.

vCash
    I thought so as well. I thought he was a nice up and coming player on OKC

vCash
    Nice win against Orlando. They continue to play good defense and got an easy one. No bad quarters. Let's see them crush the Bucks now. They should be rested and ready to go.

Take a look at the standings - 2 teams out of 15 in the East are above .500. That's pathetic.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-03-2013 at 07:00 AM.

vCash
    It's great to see the Wiz have so much time off before the Bucks game. And then the Denver game is three days later where the Nuggets are playing their 6th consecutive road game. It would be nice to get 2 games over .500. That's uncharted waters for this team.

vCash
    Wow. That's a bad loss to the worst team in the league at home after a long rest. Nene hurt his foot and Webster needed to be helped off the court after rolling his ankle. Porter played some minutes and looked lost. He'll need lots of time to adapt and he could get it with Webster out.
    Tough OT loss. They need to show resiliency and come back with a win against Denver and move on.

vCash
    hey guys what are your feelings on gortat so far?

vCash
    One thing we're learning is that the Wiz can't win close games. It will be nice to have another option in crunch time when Beal returns. They'll be okay. Beal has been a China doll thus far in his career.

vCash
    Nice to see Seraphin getting more involved down low. I could still see a potential trade of Ariza to a contender, who's stock has never been higher. I would look to get a banger down low with shot-blocking ability which is sorely missed since Okafor left. With Porter getting more minutes, the Wiz can afford this knowing they won't keep Ariza beyong this season anyway.

vCash
    Ariza has been so good this season though. For a team that is trying to make the playoffs so bad, I'm not sure if they would trade Ariza.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast