Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bucks - Trailblazers - Rockets

Bucks are tanking.

Blazers want to make the playoffs.

Houston want to win a chip.

I've gone crazy.

Houston Send; Omer Asik, Terrence Jones, 1st round pick.
    Houston Receive; Lamarcus Aldridge.

Portland Send; Lamarcus Aldridge, Robin Lopez, Meyers Leonard, two 2nd round picks.
    Portland Receive; Omer Asik and Larry Sanders.

Milwaukee Send; Larry Sanders
    Milwaukee Receive; Robin Lopez, Meyers Leonard, Terrence Jones, 2nd round pick (Portland), 2nd round pick (Portland), 1st round pick (Houston)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lhcy3hy

Bucks trade one elite defender for three serviceable role players two second round picks and an extra first round pick in an apparently "stacked" draft to help them succeed in their tanking.

Houston solve their problem with Asik wanting to start by grabbing one of the best offensive talents at the PF position who complements Dwight very well and gives them another threat, aiding them in their playoff run.

Portland begin to build around Lillard, yes, Lillard. They now have a very formidable front court defensively. Arguably one of the best in the West strictly in terms of defense.

The lineups;

Lin - Harden - Parsons - Aldridge - Howard

Lillard - Matthews - Batum - Sanders - Asik

Knight - Mayo - Butler - Ilyasova - Lopez

Yay or Nay say you!?

vCash
    It's pointless to get both Asik AND Sanders, they're both defensive centers that has limited range.

But I do think that if a Rocket trade really happens having it go through the Bucks one way or another seems highly plausible due to their cap situation and how their contracts lineup.

Also, your misreading the Bucks, they're not tanking, not when they sign guys like Mayo / Delfino.

For Portland, doing this trade is not helping their playoff chances, it's a tanking move whenver your trading a star and not getting one back (granted, Asik and Sander's overall impact is very underrated.)

The theoretical 3 way Rocket Bucks trade I can see is closer to this.

Rockets get : Ilyasova, Jimmer Fredett + Bucks 2nd

Bucks get : Isaiah Thomas, Donatas Montijuas, John Salmons. + Rockets 1st

Kings get : Asik + Khris Middleton + Bucks 2nd

Something along that line, the 3 key piece being Asik / Ilyasova / Thomas , Thomas is what the Bucks actually need right now, a dynamic offensive point guard that can run a competent offense. While Ilyasova is the stretch 4 Rockets want, and Asik is the defensive anchor the Kings need. the tough part is that the Bucks kind of need another 4 that can stretch a little bit at least, and money to match is an issue. a few more draft pick need to go around I'd guess. The issue would be that the Kings need to try and keep Asik though. which may or may not happen.

As for Portland, they won't trade LMA unless they're going all out to rebuild, which they almost never do, but let's just say they are, the guys they would like to get is an Andre Drummond type. so let's say a theoretical massive blowup for them is like (by mid season or later)

Portland get : Brandon Jennings , Andre Drummond, Charlie V , Katavious Cadwell Pope (then try to flip Jennings for something.)

Detroit get : Lamarcus Aldridge, Damian Lillard. Wes Mathews
    Last edited by RollingWave; 09-01-2013 at 11:15 PM.

vCash
    Your tripping if you think the blazers would give up Aldridge and lillard for Drummond and trash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Your tripping if you think the blazers would give up Aldridge and lillard for Drummond and trash
    Is Aldridge better than Carmelo / Dwight Howard and is Drummond more interesting than Gallarnari / Vucevic?

(having said that, I actually don't think they'll trade LMA anyway, he'll either stay or he walks. if they get some sort of trade for him it'll be a not particularly interesting S&T type.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Is Aldridge better than Carmelo / Dwight Howard and is Drummond more interesting than Gallarnari / Vucevic?

(having said that, I actually don't think they'll trade LMA anyway, he'll either stay or he walks. if they get some sort of trade for him it'll be a not particularly interesting S&T type.)
    Ok the Aldridge for drummond and other stuff yea that's not a problem its that you have the blazers trading lillard.

vCash
    True, giving it more thought, Lillard's relative trade value isn't that much lower than LMA due to contract and age, if they're going all in to blow things up then two separate deals would make more sense.

My general feeling was that Lillard's value now is probably going to be higher than it is going forward given the usual career progression of ROY guard types. (half of them have pretty disappointing careers, for example, Tyreke Evans / Brandon Roy / Mike Miller. unless you think Lillard is more Rose / Paul than those 3 .... which I don't. Kyrie Irving's kinda on the fence at this point that could go either way.)

My feeling is that if they really can grab a good pick or young player right now with Lillard, assuming that they're blowing it up, they should. but your right that LMA + Lillard for just one such piece is probably over doing it.

vCash
    Drummond isn't getting traded for anybody not named Kevin Durant, he's just got too much upside.

vCash
    Bucks are not tanking. Also what's the point in receiving two second rounder's? Bucks already have 9 second round picks combined for the next four drafts. Sanders is the top shot blocker in the league and fan favorite and just got a nice decent deal. No way he's shipped out. Also first round pick from Rockets has no value when their deep in the playoffs. I can see Ersan traded down the road since we have Henson waiting to replace him.

vCash
    I don't really get the sense of this trade however I think another trade like omer Asik for Ryan Anderson makes sense for both the rockets and pelicans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N3TS View Post
    I don't really get the sense of this trade however I think another trade like omer Asik for Ryan Anderson makes sense for both the rockets and pelicans.
    Depends on if the pelicans see Davis's future as a pf or c.