• 10 years

4 7.84%
  • 15 or more

2 3.92%
Page 206 of 257 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3848

Thread: The CFL Thread

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Lose Big Time to Lions

The first game of the season wasn't good to the Blue. The Lions destroyed the Blue in the first game of the 2012 CFL season. The score: Lions 33 Blue 16

The Blue are a young and inexperienced team and it's going to be a long 18 game season!

Bombers need a QB that can actually last a whole game. This guy is so injury prone, and with that front 5 he ain't getting no help there. So many roster changes, don't recognize 1/2 the team. But thats the CFL, if you can get a guy to do the same thing and save $10.00 , then they do it!

Just got on this, a merger, WTF for. Is the NFL going to change their schedule. Great watching a game in Edmonton or Winnipeg or Regina or Montreal or Hamilton in December or January. You get NFL guys up here and they can't hack it, because the fields too big, theres too much motion, which means they actually have to think, and there's too many guys running around the field. And if they want Toronto, take them, teams in Montreal, Ottawa[soon], branch out to the east coast and Hamilton will survive somewhere. And the West is set. Put a team in London and we have 5 in the west and 5 in the east even without Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Bombers need a QB that can actually last a whole game. This guy is so injury prone, and with that front 5 he ain't getting no help there. So many roster changes, don't recognize 1/2 the team. But thats the CFL, if you can get a guy to do the same thing and save $10.00 , then they do it!
    They need a qb who can move the ball the whole game and put points on the board consistently. Buck has a lot of heart and some talent but the guy is a terrible decision maker that puts his team in a hole before he starts to do something.

Just got on this, a merger, WTF for. Is the NFL going to change their schedule. Great watching a game in Edmonton or Winnipeg or Regina or Montreal or Hamilton in December or January. You get NFL guys up here and they can't hack it, because the fields too big, theres too much motion, which means they actually have to think, and there's too many guys running around the field. And if they want Toronto, take them, teams in Montreal, Ottawa[soon], branch out to the east coast and Hamilton will survive somewhere. And the West is set. Put a team in London and we have 5 in the west and 5 in the east even without Toronto.
    I agree with saying 'screw Toronto' because they really provide little to nothing to the CFL, probably less then 5% of revenue. But TSN would pull tv revenue so quick if the CFL pulled out of Toronto.

I don't know 1/2 the players left on the Bombers, I think they are headed for no better than .500, and thats if gimpy can last a whole game at QB.

Bombers are horrible this year and Pierce may be out again. WTF. They lose their running back, change 1/2 the guys on the team and they stink. Lucky to make playoffs.

Saskatchewan Fan Chat

Heard today the Riders are building a new 33,000 seat staduim. Whats with the 33,000 number, same as Winnipeg. Both cities will fill that every game, do they not think thier cities will grow in pop. over the next 30 or 40 years that these staduims will be used. Where you putting new fans. Teams and cities got to think ahead and anything less than 35 or 36,000 seems silly and will be silly 10 years from now when theres no room for new fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MBRaptorsfan View Post
    Looking forward to going to a game in the new stadium.. When it finally opens, that is.
    Well if its not open for the home openner next year they should fire everyone. The way the bombers look this year and again no QB., lucky to make play offs. But it will be nice to see the new digs. Just hope the washrooms don't freeze up like the old place...haha

Bombers are horrible this year and Pierce may be out again. WTF. They lose their running back, change 1/2 the guys on the team and they stink. Lucky to make playoffs.
    Hopefully Pierce is out for a while. I would like to see either Brink or Elliott get a real chance. Not a huge fan of Buck.

Heard today the Riders are building a new 33,000 seat staduim. Whats with the 33,000 number, same as Winnipeg. Both cities will fill that every game, do they not think thier cities will grow in pop. over the next 30 or 40 years that these staduims will be used. Where you putting new fans. Teams and cities got to think ahead and anything less than 35 or 36,000 seems silly and will be silly 10 years from now when theres no room for new fans.
    One of the main things that helps a team have sellouts and be a desireable outing is the lack of tickets. You make a stadium too big and don't sellout the games it starts to take away and attendance starts to decline.

Look at how the Alouettes used to be in Olympic Stadium, could barely sell 10,000 tickets. Move them into a 20,000 seat stadium and there is a better atmosphere and they are sold out every game with waiting lists.

Toronto has troubles selling 10-12 thousand tickets. I guarentee that if they had taken the offer to go in with TFC a few years ago on the 20-24 thousand seat stadium they would be better off right now.

Edmonton is having the same troubles with Commonwealth. They used to be sold out all the time 20 years ago but its just way too big of a stadium for them.

The Riders and the Bombers are in smaller markets then all of these, to go any bigger then they are could be a huge disaster for them.

^ not thinking of the present but in years to come when the pop. grows and new fans want to go to the games and there's no place to put them. These staduims will be used for 30 or 40 years. Just thinking ahead. 33,000 is fine now, but I hope that the ability to expand to more seats in the future if needed is built into the plans for each staduim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Hopefully Pierce is out for a while. I would like to see either Brink or Elliott get a real chance. Not a huge fan of Buck.
    I heard he's out at least 6 weeks, and I agree, this is the time for Brink or Elliott to make a statement. I like Brink, but I thought he got a concussion last game, anyway, maybe not, nows his chance. Growing very tired of Buck going down all the time.
    I hope Bombers have insurance on Bucks contract, what ever it is, never heard what they gave him ?

^ not thinking of the present but in years to come when the pop. grows and new fans want to go to the games and there's no place to put them. These staduims will be used for 30 or 40 years. Just thinking ahead. 33,000 is fine now, but I hope that the ability to expand to more seats in the future if needed is built into the plans for each staduim.
    There are 5 cities that are larger then Winnipeg now and larger then Winnipeg will get in the next 30-40 years. None of those teams need anymore then 33,000 seats. Why would the Bombers or Riders?

I heard he's out at least 6 weeks, and I agree, this is the time for Brink or Elliott to make a statement. I like Brink, but I thought he got a concussion last game, anyway, maybe not, nows his chance. Growing very tired of Buck going down all the time.
    I hope Bombers have insurance on Bucks contract, what ever it is, never heard what they gave him ?
    Contracts in the CFL usually aren't guarenteed, so it won't be that big a of a financial hit for them.