4 7.84%
  • 15 or more

2 3.92%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by da phins View Post
    what?

i really dont see that happeing
    This last year it was 4.1 mil for the Grey Cup and 3.2 mil for the Super Bowl. Very similar numbers to the previous years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    1 piont for missed field goals and punts that go through the endzone, no fair catch on punts, receivers can get a running start off the snap, etc

yes ok...i ll add that

-3 downs instead of 4
    -12 players aside
    -bigger field. both wider and longer
    -bigger end zone
    -goal post at the front of the end zone
    -no fair catches.
    -missed fg's or punts = 1 point if it stays in the endzone and no 1 returns it out.
    -wr can have a running start

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

vCash
    This last year it was 4.1 mil for the Grey Cup and 3.2 mil for the Super Bowl. Very similar numbers to the previous years.
    well ofcourse cause bc played.
    lol

wheres the link?

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

vCash
    well if nfl teams come to play in canada. im sure the games would be sold out here. which will equal more money in the nfl, im guessing.

still cfl teams would pick up nfl players, so there. @ the end it will be nfl players and no cfl players. only like the top cfl players will survive i guess.

32 teams. ad 1 more to each division or add 1 more divison.
    The NFL needs cities to have a stadium with 60000 plus seating(only Edmonton and Montreal would qualify there). The NFL gets alright ratings in Canada already so I doubt they would make that much more.

The CFL teams wouldn't make enough money to even pay the salaries. American teams would not let a Canadian team get a cut of the tv revenues which is where they make most of their money. And the Canadian tv revenues would only be a couple million per team.

vCash
    The NFL needs cities to have a stadium with 60000 plus seating(only Edmonton and Montreal would qualify there). The NFL gets alright ratings in Canada already so I doubt they would make that much more.

The CFL teams wouldn't make enough money to even pay the salaries. American teams would not let a Canadian team get a cut of the tv revenues which is where they make most of their money. And the Canadian tv revenues would only be a couple million per team.
    bc place fits 60,000.
    blue bomers might biuld a new stad- old 1 fits 29000- 50000
    lol wierd
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canad_Inns_Stadium
    skydome is pretty big
    Last edited by da phins; 06-10-2007 at 10:46 PM.

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

vCash
    well ofcourse cause bc played.
    lol

wheres the link?
    http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=page&id=35

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2005/...ngs050207.html

Sorry, the Lions have nothing to do with the good ratings, 5.2 mil watched Montreal and Edmonton in 02 and 4.4 mil in 03.

vCash
    http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=page&id=35

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2005/...ngs050207.html

Sorry, the Lions have nothing to do with the good ratings, 5.2 mil watched Montreal and Edmonton in 02 and 4.4 mil in 03.
    wasnt that in bc?
    lol

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

vCash
    The US sells out college and high school games which are inferior to the NFL and arguably the CFL. Those are football markets. Toronto is not. Also MLS seems to be doing alright in Toronto and it is much more inferior to the European leagues than the CFL is to the NFL.
    High school football, yes, but Division-1 College football is a far superior product than the CFL. The talent level of guys at D-1 schools in big conferences is greater than that of CFL players. If you remember, the NCAA held the first International Bowl ever at the Rogers Center last year, and sold it out, despite the fact that the game was between two very average schools. The market is there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    High school football, yes, but Division-1 College football is a far superior product than the CFL. The talent level of guys at D-1 schools in big conferences is greater than that of CFL players. If you remember, the NCAA held the first International Bowl ever at the Rogers Center last year, and sold it out, despite the fact that the game was between two very average schools. The market is there.
    I have to question that, yes there are certain players who get drafted into the NFL who are better but a lot of the good undersized players end up in the CFL. I think the CFL is at least equal to Division 1 football.

And just because Toronto managed to sell out one college game that was advertised like crazy doesn't mean that there is a market for an NFL team. Like I said earlier, where is Toronto going to come up with the money to operate the team because they won't be getting much from the american tv revenues if anything at all and the Canadian tv deal would only be worth a couple mil. The ticket prices would have to be absolutely outrageous.

vCash
    but nfl shared revenue
    so every 1 will be happy
    lol

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

vCash
    I have to question that, yes there are certain players who get drafted into the NFL who are better but a lot of the good undersized players end up in the CFL. I think the CFL is at least equal to Division 1 football.

And just because Toronto managed to sell out one college game that was advertised like crazy doesn't mean that there is a market for an NFL team. Like I said earlier, where is Toronto going to come up with the money to operate the team because they won't be getting much from the american tv revenues if anything at all and the Canadian tv deal would only be worth a couple mil. The ticket prices would have to be absolutely outrageous.
    And that's another one of the gigantic roadblocks keeping a franchise out of Canada. If you recall, our debate here was about the market for an NFL franchise in a Canadian city like Toronto. I say that yes, there is indeed a market for it, but facts like the one you state here are what will prevent the NFL from actually making the jump North of the border.

vCash
    why does every one like toronto...
    they suck
    bc. ....we got the olmypics
    lol

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

vCash
    why does every one like toronto...
    they suck
    bc. ....we got the olmypics
    lol
    I don't really like Toronto, they just make the most sense for an NFL franchise. I don't think that any of the Canadian cities are going to end up with a team in the NFL in the foreseeable future though. The only way would be if the NFL started something like soccer in Europe where there is a Premier League and then divisions bellow it. Any way it happens though, I don't think football in Canada would benefit, a good independent CFL is much better than an NFL farm league team.

Toronto and Vancouver are world class cities but it doesn't mean that they need to have a team in every major sport. New York doesn't have a top class soccer, volleyball, or rugby team(huge sports in world class cities in Europe, Asia, and Australia) but there just isn't a place for it over here. Just like in Europe, football and baseball are not supported.

Be happy with what you have and move on.

vCash
    Sorry, double post

vCash
    Toronto is really the only viable market...honestly. They have the facitlity and the population. They could support a team, in all other sports that come north TO is the only place where it hasn't left... Van had the Grizzlies, Mont had the Expos... In both American dominated sports CND teams fell to the way side except Toronto.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast