New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

vCash

beautiful

it's be beautiful, man, in that Global thinking kind of way... but which league's RULES would they adopt? or would they amalgamate? how long and wide would the standard fields be? or would the respective teams have to adjust game-by-game to the size of the field?
    mateo en tejas...

vCash
    many reasons why it wont happen.

1. CFL has nowhere near the talent the NFL has.
    2. many different rules.
    3. the NFL is just fine how it is. they dont need scrub canada teams to dillute everything.
    4. they already have 32 teams. any more is pushing it.
    5. ratings would drop. who wants to see some scrubs play an average NFL team?

vCash
    Hahaha...the shots at Canada...but yeah, it's hard to disagree if you have ever actually watched a CFL game. It is nothing like NFL football/US College football. The rules completely change the game, and the players are clearly inferior to their American counterparts. It's only every 4-5 years that you see a guy who slipped through the extensive NFL scouting cracks who is head and shoulders above the rest of the league and deserves a shot at the NFL. (Garcia, Flutie) Plus, why would the NFL want anything to do with some of the small CFL markets like Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, or Hamilton? A merger would mean these teams would cease to exist, and Canadian football fans (all 100 of them) would be mighty pissed. Realistically, the only Canadian city with half a shot at having anything to do with the NFL is Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    First, I don't really care about the NFL. A lot of Canadians think the same way which is why CFL games draw double the viewers of NFL games in Canada.

Also if the NFL did come to Canada and the CFL folded there would be a huge drop in interest in football. Canadian players in a pro league from their hometown creates role models for kids to look up to and emulate. Why do you think Canada keeps producing so many hockey players.
    You've gotta show me where you got those numbers. Where are these coming from? This doesn't make any sense to me. Canada's biggest network (TSN) is putting more TV time into football every year. I don't know, but it seems to me it's just a geographical difference here between the big cities (Toronto/Vancouver/Montreal) and the smaller cities in Canada. People in Toronto are much more interested in the NFL (esp. the Bills) than you'd think. And I know a buddy of mine who lived in Vancouver who said there were a whole lot of Seahawk fans over there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    You've gotta show me where you got those numbers. Where are these coming from? This doesn't make any sense to me. Canada's biggest network (TSN) is putting more TV time into football every year. I don't know, but it seems to me it's just a geographical difference here between the big cities (Toronto/Vancouver/Montreal) and the smaller cities in Canada. People in Toronto are much more interested in the NFL (esp. the Bills) than you'd think. And I know a buddy of mine who lived in Vancouver who said there were a whole lot of Seahawk fans over there.
    I don't know where to find the numbers but I do know that the Grey Cup consistently outdraws the Super Bowl in viewers by about a million.

vCash
    As you said people in Toronto are more interested in the NFL which may end up hurting your chances of getting a franchise. I imagine the NFL would be looking for a solid football market if they wanted to expand. Toronto is having trouble supporting a CFL franchise, the league had to take over operations of the team a couple seasons ago. This is a team that has a longer history than any NFL team and is usually very competitve. Ticket prices are cheap in comparison to the NFL, yet the Argos only average 28000 a game. If football fans in Toronto really want an NFL franchise they should maybe go out and support their current team. That would show the NFL that there may actually be a market there. Until Toronto fans do that there is a zero percent chance of getting an NFL team when there are much better options still left in the states.

vCash
    As you said people in Toronto are more interested in the NFL which may end up hurting your chances of getting a franchise. I imagine the NFL would be looking for a solid football market if they wanted to expand. Toronto is having trouble supporting a CFL franchise, the league had to take over operations of the team a couple seasons ago. This is a team that has a longer history than any NFL team and is usually very competitve. Ticket prices are cheap in comparison to the NFL, yet the Argos only average 28000 a game. If football fans in Toronto really want an NFL franchise they should maybe go out and support their current team. That would show the NFL that there may actually be a market there. Until Toronto fans do that there is a zero percent chance of getting an NFL team when there are much better options still left in the states.
    I know for a fact that the NFL sold out the American Bowl in the then-named SkyDome in 1997 (I was there) and the AB the next year in Vancouver. And those were preseason games. I can almost guarantee you that fan support is not the issue preventing an NFL franchise from coming to Toronto. The league knows that the quality of the product they put out on the field is much greater than that of the CFL. This city is the only in Canada that has proven they can support both a Major League Baseball team, and an NBA team, and theres no reason we cant keep an NFL team. The problem lies in the fact that the American TV deals and such set up that if the NFL were to expand, it would be a much more logical move to move to a city like LA. But back to my original point, the problem with CFL attendance isnt a lack of support for football, its the simple fact that the CFL puts out an inferior product than its American counterpart.

vCash
    None unfortunatly

vCash
    well 1st cfl is different rules and things
    for those that dont know here are some
    -3 downs instead of 4
    -12 players aside
    -bigger field. both wider and longer
    -bigger end zone
    -goal post at the front of the end zone

did i forget somthing? im sure i did

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    I know for a fact that the NFL sold out the American Bowl in the then-named SkyDome in 1997 (I was there) and the AB the next year in Vancouver. And those were preseason games. I can almost guarantee you that fan support is not the issue preventing an NFL franchise from coming to Toronto. The league knows that the quality of the product they put out on the field is much greater than that of the CFL. This city is the only in Canada that has proven they can support both a Major League Baseball team, and an NBA team, and theres no reason we cant keep an NFL team. The problem lies in the fact that the American TV deals and such set up that if the NFL were to expand, it would be a much more logical move to move to a city like LA. But back to my original point, the problem with CFL attendance isnt a lack of support for football, its the simple fact that the CFL puts out an inferior product than its American counterpart.
    The US sells out college and high school games which are inferior to the NFL and arguably the CFL. Those are football markets. Toronto is not. Also MLS seems to be doing alright in Toronto and it is much more inferior to the European leagues than the CFL is to the NFL.

vCash
    I don't know where to find the numbers but I do know that the Grey Cup consistently outdraws the Super Bowl in viewers by about a million.
    what?

i really dont see that happeing

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by da phins View Post
    well 1st cfl is different rules and things
    for those that dont know here are some
    -3 downs instead of 4
    -12 players aside
    -bigger field. both wider and longer
    -bigger end zone
    -goal post at the front of the end zone

did i forget somthing? im sure i did
    1 piont for missed field goals and punts that go through the endzone, no fair catch on punts, receivers can get a running start off the snap, etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    many reasons why it wont happen.

1. CFL has nowhere near the talent the NFL has.
    2. many different rules.
    3. the NFL is just fine how it is. they dont need scrub canada teams to dillute everything.
    4. they already have 32 teams. any more is pushing it.
    5. ratings would drop. who wants to see some scrubs play an average NFL team?
    well if nfl teams come to play in canada. im sure the games would be sold out here. which will equal more money in the nfl, im guessing.

still cfl teams would pick up nfl players, so there. @ the end it will be nfl players and no cfl players. only like the top cfl players will survive i guess.

32 teams. ad 1 more to each division or add 1 more divison.

New sig needed!!!!

NFL-Miami Dolphins
    CFL-BC lions
    NCAA- OSU/Florida/UM
    Soccer- Arsenal
    UFC- GSP

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast