Cain - Forearm - Seems indefinite

Belt - Groin - Day to day

Pence - Arm - Out til May

Erik Cordier - Forearm - Shouldn't be out too much longer as of today
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 04-08-2015 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Added Cordier
    #SuicideSquad

Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

<3

- He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Peavy says DL decision tomorrow. Said he's hopeful, but his eyes and voice said otherwise. #sfgiants
    Belt doesn't think it's too bad. Can lift leg. Jog. Said side-to-side movement problematic. But said it "grabbed me pretty good." #sfgiants
    - Schulman

vCash

vCash
    MRI for Belt today.

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Pythagorean records and win expectancy have value
    Strikeouts are overrated
    Best regular season record = best team
    Regular season > Post season
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

vCash

Injury Tracker

I'm sure the giants will wait 8-10 days then decide its a good idea to put Belt on the DL

vCash
    Belt spitting the company line, trying to downplay a likely serious injury.

vCash
    Jake Peavy (back) said he felt much better Wednesday and was going to throw a bullpen session before making a decision about the disabled list.
    Peavy was throwing the bullpen session Wednesday afternoon, so a decision either way on the disabled list should be known before Thursday. The right-hander was previously slated to pitch Sunday, but the Giants have since indicated that game's starter is TBD. More will be known after Peavy's throwing session.

Brandon Belt said an MRI Wednesday showed a mild groin strain.
    He's out of the lineup Wednesday, but the first baseman said he's optimistic he can avoid the disabled list. Belt even said he was going to try to take batting practice before Wednesday's game despite being out of the lineup. It's promising news.
    I sure hope they say NO to Belt taking batting practice.

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Strikeouts are overrated
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

vCash
    Belt just who hoed 25 swings in cage. Can feel strained groin, but not enough for him to back off. "I hit two cage (homers)." #sfgiants
    -Schulman

vCash
    Over/Under on how many days they wait to put Belt on the DL. I'll set the number at 6.5.

vCash
    Cage homers are cute. Can't wait til he whiffs during pinch hit duty and pulls it. Couldn't even rest it one day.

Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Strikeouts are overrated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Over/Under on how many days they wait to put Belt on the DL. I'll set the number at 6.5.
    I'll take the under, but they'll do something stupid like RTL said and let him PH and make it worse first, plus make it so they can't backdate it.

vCash
    According to Bochy, Belt may be in lineup on Sunday, but more likely Monday.

vCash
    Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Friday that there's a chance Hunter Pence (forearm) could rejoin the Giants before the end of April.
    He wasn't expected to rejoin the lineup until the beginning of May, but he has been progressing nicely in his recovery.

Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Friday that Matt Cain (forearm) is feeling better, but the veteran right-hander still hasn't resumed throwing.
    There's still no clear timetable for when Cain will resume throwing and potentially return to the Giants rotation. Either Chris Heston or Ryan Vogelsong are expected to pitch in his place the next time his rotation spot comes up on Monday against the Rockies.
    Pence will join the Killer P's soon enough.

Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Strikeouts are overrated

vCash
    Considering he's not from this planet, I had a feeling he'd heal quickly.

vCash
    Same.
    there's no scraps in my scrapbook

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast