You know the drill.
You know the drill.
• The Yankees have talked to Raul Ibanez about returning as a platoon DH, but according to the New York Post, those conversations have not included any sort of negotiation, and Ibanez would like to sign somewhere within “the next seven to 10 days.”
• Short-term Yankees third baseman Casey McGehee has signed in Japan, where he’ll once again be a teammate of Andruw Jones. McGehee is going to make $1.5 million, and could add more with incentives.
• Speaking of short-term Yankees third basemen: Cody Ransom has signed a minor league deal with Padres.
• Rich Harden might have made sense on a low-risk contract to compete for a spot this spring, but he’s signed a minor league deal with the Twins.
• Another second-tier pitcher is off the market. Francisco Liriano has agreed to a two-year deal with the Pirates.
gary sanchez mason williams and dante bichette jr to arizona for upton thats my take on things need that young affordable righty bat with lots of upside thoughts anyone???
I'm pulling the trigger. Upton is is what the Yankees need.
A younger version of nick swisher, with better defense. But Lazy.
I don't think Upton is realistic for us... I think we'll end up with Hairston or someone like that, a FA. Even though Hairston wants to go back to the mets. I just don't see Cash doing anything now that it's almost January. 8 weeks and it's spring training time.
after christmas maybe the second week of january cash will pull off a trade of some sort prob for a rf catcher and or a dh if he doesnt 85 wins if everything goes rite could be a long boring miserable season without some trades in the works
You know what, I'm sorry, but aside from Sanchez, Banuelos, and Austin, I don't give a flying **** who we trade from our farm system anymore.
Remember the package of players Seattle originally wanted for King Felix? Betances, Banuelos, Montero, Nunez and I believe there was one more? Chamberlain? Yea, how did that work out?
Mason Williams, Bichette Jr., and another prospect or two for Upton I will be more then fine with.
People forget, Upton is just now entering his prime. Considering the position we are, with this stupid 189 mark (because we only make 650 million in revenue each year :facepalm: ), this is a good move, and I have changed my mind from previous times.
I'd rather take my chances on a guy who we know has the ability to hit 30 homers, and Yankee Stadium sure as hell would help, then take a chance on prospects who have yet to prove anything. This is a move that changes our entire lineup. If the possibility is there, get it done Cashman!!!
Gardner gives us one thing we desperately needed until Ichiro came along, speed on the basepaths.
And there is no way in hell Romine hits for a worse average than Martin did. I'm not so sure how his power numbers will be, but I honestly believe we win 95 games again. Every year it seems like we find reasons were going to suck, but I think we all lose track of just how many superstars we still have on this team.