Back to the basics
Demar, Ross and Pietrus should be able to hold the wing positions with Kleyza, Andersoon and Fields coming in when needed. Lowry and Calderon are both very good PGs. We had different flavors at PF.
The hole in raptorland is the Center. It always have been like that
- JV is good but he is noob and paired with Bargs makes him worse. He'll be ok in three years.
- Bargs is Bargs.
- Amir is not a center and has been played out of position.
- Gray is a poor backup at his best.
1. Magloire had an impact last year. Last year success in the defensive end has his name. Even if you don't like it.
2. Triano was a very smart coach. He was able to stay in a lot of games without a real Center and the offence was fluid.
3. Jose is the best point guard the raptors have ever had.
Solution: Transfer one of Bargs/Amir or Davis for a real Center who can hold the position for two or three years while JV gets his way.
Maglore was one of the worst players in the NBA last season
While I agree that JV needs time to develop, it's still a gap that will be filled in the next couple seasons. I've always thought that if we trade extra assets (especially with Bargs involved) we need to bring back a 3, which has been a hole in our lineup forever and has no foreseeable solution. Like, why trade some of our better players for a stop-gap when we'll still have a massive problem in our lineup? I've never liked boasting such a deep bench while our starters are getting beat down on a regular basis.
Based in statistics maybe. But we don't get #@%?$# by the kings in the way we did if he was playing some minutes for us....
Originally Posted by FlakeyFool
Did you really have to comment?
Originally Posted by Freakazoid
I am with you. The problem is that we have a big hole at center and that's the reason we are getting raped right now. Additionally, there are not too many options to get a good SF in the next couple of years. Batum, Gay and Deng are only dreams.... at least you want to tank for two or more years until we luckily find one in the draft.
Originally Posted by C_Mund