Saints - Top 5
Name your top 5 current Saints players on Offense and Defense.
1. Drew Brees
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Jahri Evans
4. Marques Colston
5. Ben Grubbs
1. Curtis Lofton
2. Brodrick Bunkley
3. Jabari Greer
4. David Hawthorne
5. Cameron Jordan/ 5a. Will Smith
Just this season or this season going forward?
This season it has been:
1) Brees (even with his clunkers)
2) Evans (the pressure hasn't come from the inside of the line)
3) Colston (sure hands and played hurt)
4) Grubbs (see Evans)
5) Moore (having one of his best seasons, drop aside. Behind Colston because Marques owns the red zone)
No RBs because none of them got enough touches, but I rank PT first among them because he had the most touches.
1) Lofton (no debate)
2) Jordan (love this kid)
3) Bunkley (does his job. That's good enough to be one of the best Saint defenders)
4) Vilma (not so much for his play, but for his "**** you" attitude toward Goodell)
5) Loft-dan (a combination of Lofton and Jordan because no one else deserves mention)
2) Colston - one of his better years, avoiding injury and not many drops
5) Morstead - with all our drops on 3rd down he gets called on quite a bit and he just needs to be mentioned
1) Jordan - he doesnt have a great pass rush yet but is a stud against the run
2) Lofton - a healthy player that doesnt miss a lot of tackles, thats all you need for this list
3) Bunkley - see Lofton
4) Greer - outside of letting Manningham get the best of him he has played really well, i remember a bad jump ball to Julio earlier this year but he shut down Roddy in the last matchup
5) Hicks - he is having a bigger impact in his first year than I thought he would, i like the upside
Based on this season or not, you guys are crazy for not mentioning Jimmy lol. He's by far our best offensive player after Drew, he's the best TE in the damn league
I think I left him off more out of spite. He really hasnt taken the steps forward like he should have this season. He is still left off the field in rushing situations which allows the defense to key more on it and his drops have been really bad. His bad is still better than most starting TE's but he can play much better than he has this season.
Graham trails Witten, Gonzalez, Gronkowski, and Myers in yards. Not bad company, but Graham has been an above-average tight end. That doesn't put him in the 5. Maybe he comes back stronger in the next season, but he has disappointed this season aside from the first Atlanta game. The drops have really hurt the Saints this season.
I still got Jimmy as the man next to Drew on our offense. But even if he declines over the years he will still be an overachiever, in terms of being better than expected, its not like we got him 1st round or anything close to that.
Same with Colston, Pierre, Ivory, Evans even Drew Brees etc etc all overachievers
Guys I expect greatness from Jordan, Ellis, Smith, Ingram, Henderson etc underachievers? well maybe we shall see
1. Brees (no need to be said)
2. Evans (offensive line is 2nd most important to qb)
3. Grubbs (see above)
4. Colston ( sure handed, played hurt)
5. Graham/Moore (still Brees' favorite targets even though struggling with drops and Moore has been a lot healthier)
1. Lofton (straight beast)
2. Bunkley (see above)
3. Jordan (coming onto is own, seeing great improvement from last year)
4. Vilma (just our drew on defense)
5. Hicks (everytime I watch him play, Im amazed and love this kids future)
Honorable Mention 5b. Jenkins (gotta love this mans hustle even though his play has been shaky plays with a ton of heart and hustle)
Hicks is quickly rising up my list. I may retcon him in at #5. Forgot about him, but I enjoy watching him develop. Maybe Jordan and Hicks signal the turnaround in the Saints drafting of defenders.