I like the 1941 uniforms....
The home on the left, the away on the right, and ignore the one in the middle.
The Cubs wore their navy 1912 jerseys earlier this season when they played the Giants in June.
Me too. The hat is my biggest beef.
And the gray road pants look like pj's.
The 1912 unis are actually really, really cool.
The blue alternates just need to go entirely. I've grown to hate them. Thanks Big Z!
Speaking of Big Z, he's going to model my choice as the Cubs full-time alternate. I just thought these looked sharp. Perhaps you could make a minor tweak and go with an all navy cap to make the look more modern and change the socks to add more navy in as well.
How bout changing the road hat to grey with a blue or red bill and an alternate logo on the hat. Just an idea. But i do agree the road unis need a face lift.
The 1912 Unis are pretty sweet but red wouldnt go well with them. It would be interesting to see what the home unis look like that incorporate that same theme. Pin stripes wouldn't work. Too much like the Yankees.
I'd like to see the Cubs lose the name on the back of the home uniforms. Much cleaner look.
The jerseys are fine. Somewhat of a "tradition". The return of red-billed hats would be awesome.
i dont mind the names on the back
Speaking as a lifelong Cub fan (born and raised in Chicago), I think the Cubs do need to change their uniforms every once in while to prevent brand blandness.
• Keep the current logo, just don't use it on the jerseys anymore (ala the Yankees).
• Retire the current logo and replace it with the 1994-96 Cubs cursive script (blue with red outline). Everything else remains the same.
• Put red and blue trim on the sleeves and sides of the pants.
• Remove the mini Cubs logo from the pants.
• Bring back the red brim cap. Everything else remains the same.
• Bring the 1994-96 alternates (they should've kept those in the first place).
• Put the walking cub logo on the left sleeve.