Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Conversation Between whitesoxfan83 and avrpatsfan

3 Visitor Messages

1. Very nice. I just got End the Fed, haven't started reading it. I've read Hazlitt, Sowell, and I've been planning on reading The Road to Serfdom for a while, just haven't gotten to it quite yet.

Glad to know there's a fellow Ron Paul fan in the Politics forum, we need more haha.
  2. I would start with Ron Paul's End the Fed because it's the most recent work and Paul makes it easy for everyone to understand. It was the 2nd one I read (The Revolution was 1st) but neither is specific to economics entirely. Henry Hazlitt's Economics in 1 Lesson is a nice start. Applied Economics: Thinking Beyond Stage One by Thomas Sowell is also nice starting point (its similar to Hazlitt's book as they both preach about the long term destruction of governmental interference). FA Hayek's The Road to Serfdom after... On monetary issues... Murray Rothbard's What Has Government Done to Our Money. Age of Inflation by Hans Sennholz. All of these guys have a lot of work you could spend lots of time on. Then there's Ludvig von Mises (i've only read 1 of his books so far because he's much more advanced, but he's basically the top dog). Best to save those for later. I'm just getting into Mises now and I started reading this stuff 9 months ago.
  3. I really like your posts in the Politics forum, well done. Which economists do you read?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3