PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Grizzlies 2013 Summer League Thread

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2013, 01:46 PM
I figured this could get some burn. Post anything summer league related in here. Roster, Schedule, analysis of games (if you watch like i do :p ) other players on teams we may be interested in, etc...

Last year Selby was a stud in summer league so too much stock cant be put into it, but it is a important time for young players development.

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2013, 01:50 PM
MEMPHIS, May 29, 2013 - The Memphis Grizzlies will be among the 22 teams that will compete at NBA Summer League 2013 in Las Vegas this summer, the NBA announced today. This marks the sixth time (2007-10, 2012-13) that Memphis will take part in the event.

A total of 21 NBA teams, including squads featuring eight of the top 10 selections from the 2013 NBA Draft, as well as a team of NBA D-League Select players will compete for the inaugural NBA Summer League Title at the Thomas & Mack Center and COX Pavilion on the campus of the University of Nevada Las Vegas.

The ninth NBA Summer League in Las Vegas tips off Friday, July 12 and will conclude with a championship game on Monday, July 22. All participating teams will play a minimum of five games. After the conclusion of games on July 16, all teams will have completed three games and will be seeded for single-elimination tournament play that will lead to a champion being crowned on July 22.

Along with the Grizzlies, the NBA Summer League 2013 field also will include the Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Bobcats, Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavaliers, Dallas Mavericks, Denver Nuggets, D-League Select, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks, Minnesota Timberwolves, New Orleans Pelicans, New York Knicks, Phoenix Suns, Portland Trail Blazers, Sacramento Kings, San Antonio Spurs, Toronto Raptors and Washington Wizards.

NBA TV will televise a full slate of NBA Summer League games with the complete schedule to be announced at a later date. Live game action also will extend across digital platforms.

Tickets for NBA Summer League 2013 will go on sale June 1 at 10 a.m. PDT (noon CDT). Fans will be able to purchase tickets by calling 702-739-FANS, through UNLVtickets.comor by visiting any UNLV ticket outlet.

so to recap, 10 days, 5 games.

Grizzlies Preliminary Round Schedule at NBA Summer League 2013

Sat: July 13 vs Chicago 7 pm central

Sun: July 14 vs Cleveland 7 pm central

Tues: July 16 vs Pheonix 7:30 pm central

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2013, 01:51 PM
As far as the team, I could see the following players on the team off the top of my head.

Current grizz

Wroten
Franklin
Timma

FA's

Vander Blue (Marq)
Jack Cooley (ND)

slap
06-29-2013, 05:42 PM
As far as the team, I could see the following players on the team off the top of my head.

Current grizz

Wroten
Franklin
Timma

FA's

Vander Blue (Marq)
Jack Cooley (ND)

Laurence Bowers was added. He's actually from here I believe.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/06/28/4319664/mus-oriakhi-thrilled-to-get-a.html

Bio/Stats
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/41074/laurence-bowers

slap
06-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Anyone know if all these Grizz summer league games are on NBATV?

mzgrizz
06-29-2013, 09:18 PM
WHOA !!!! We have a real TIMMA !!!! :)

MrfadeawayJB
06-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Anyone know if all these Grizz summer league games are on NBATV?

Not sure but there is a package where you can watch all summer league games I believe

MrfadeawayJB
06-29-2013, 10:45 PM

Current grizz

Wroten
Franklin
Timma

FA's

Vander Blue (Marq)
Jack Cooley (ND)

Laurence Bowers was added. He's actually from here I believe.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/06/28/4319664/mus-oriakhi-thrilled-to-get-a.html

Bio/Stats
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/41074/laurence-bowers

Nice combo forward here, although I see him more of a stretch 4. I'd love to see some shooters added to this team. Maybe Chris Johnson from Dayton, who played on the grizz for a short time last season

MrfadeawayJB
07-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Matt Howard from butler will also be in the team

MrfadeawayJB
07-08-2013, 07:10 PM
@ChrisVernonShow: Grizzlies asst coach Bob Thornton is coaching the summer league team. Don't know who else will be on Joerger staff but should be done soon.

MrfadeawayJB
07-09-2013, 01:27 PM
@ChrisVernonShow: Grizz summer league roster announced... Tony Wroten, Vander Blue, Jamaal Franklin, Jack Cooley, Laurence Bowers, Darrington Hobson... (1/2)

@ChrisVernonShow: Jon Leuer, Willie Reed, Matt Howard, Donte Greene, Gerald Robinson, and Jannis Timma. (2/2)

MrfadeawayJB
07-14-2013, 10:11 PM
0-2

Timma is clearly bit ready, he'll be stashed in Europe. Wroten has been disappointing so far. Franklin yet to play

mzgrizz
07-20-2013, 06:09 PM
2-0 in the championship. Maybe they had to warm up longer than usual. :)
Wroten still inconsistent.

MrfadeawayJB
07-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Yeah that worries me a bit. The real test will be preseason and training camp

mzgrizz
07-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Hope he had what it takes. At least we still have JB

MrfadeawayJB
07-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Hope he had what it takes. At least we still have JB

I prefer him at sg but yes he could be a pg in a pinch