PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference Finals Grizz v Spurs 5/27/13 Round 3 Game 4

mzgrizz
05-21-2013, 12:18 AM
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/231/thumbs/793.gif

VS

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/233/thumbs/827.gif

Roll the dice Grizz
Leave nothing, NOTHING, on the court tomorrow
Spurs fans are crowning themselves NBA champions.......looking past us(warranted, I give you that) but past the East champs, whichever team it may be.
Some of the posts and sigs have been a little too crass and juvenile....what goes around, comes around boys and remember you read it first here
So all you Grizz fans who are NOT faint at heart or just there for them when they are world beaters, come on down one more time and show this terrific team some love Memorial Day night in MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE !!!

TV ESPN 8pm CDT Monday, May 27
FM 92.9
AM 680

MrfadeawayJB
05-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Game 2! I expect a great effort from ZBO. After scoring in single digits, he averaged 26 Pts and 11 reb throughout his playoff career

MrfadeawayJB
05-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Media types are starting to doubt the grizz ability to win this series. And I love it!!! Underdogs once again!!!

mzgrizz
05-21-2013, 09:57 PM
well.....it's not just the media types :sigh: if ZBo doesn't show up this series

mzgrizz
05-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Come on Grizz !!!! Keep fighting !!!

mzgrizz
05-21-2013, 11:03 PM
I am getting so sick of this series

mzgrizz
05-21-2013, 11:05 PM
It's like they have shrunk somehow
I think this exposes coaching problems mainly

mzgrizz
05-21-2013, 11:07 PM
A REALLY stupid foul by SA
Cut it to 12
Can they do it in SA tonight?

MrfadeawayJB
05-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Almost there!

mzgrizz
05-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Proud of them
We take Game 3

MrfadeawayJB
05-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Heartbreaking loss. Hope we come out with a vengeance and hot start Saturday

rgt584
05-22-2013, 06:51 PM
spurs play good ball and thats why they won...like a lot of posters been saying the memphis defensive rotations are messd up...on one play they will guard the man on another play they will over help leavin shooters wide open...on offense there were plays where randolph had pinnd his man in the post and the ball never goes to him...also gasol was a few times on the block with good position and it was ignord...in game matchup adjustments are not happenin this series like they were in previous ones too...also...when r u gonna put in austin daye ...he can hit the three and can play both forward spots..probly can defend bonner well and has length to bothr some of his shots..

mzgrizz
05-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Daye will still see limited minutes, but I want to see more Pondexter and Bayless and MUCH less Wroten(as in virtually nada) and less Arthur. DA is a player out of sync now, for whatever reason. And losing his mid range jumper makes me want him in there less and less.

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Agree mzgrizz, keep the starting lineup but give Bayless and pondexter 10 more mpg and TA and prince less time. TA can play the 3 to if you need defense.

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2013, 10:59 AM
But if wroten practices well I might give him some mins. His size and speed could be advantageous on both sides of the ball. He needs experience because I see a expanded role for him next season

mzgrizz
05-24-2013, 11:44 PM
I'd rather Wroten get the experience next training camp :)

mzgrizz
05-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Ok. On the way to the FedEx Forum !! Should be a great game !! Go Grizz !!!! Memphis has your back !

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Donte Green active tonight, austin Daye inactive. Not that it means anything lol

mzgrizz
05-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Disappointing loss. 2 OT games within reach until Timmy leads the way and Pop out coaches us again. I hope they can find a way to get us ONE win. Think it can happen ?

mzgrizz
05-26-2013, 09:40 AM
It's another level yet of play that the Grizz haven't experienced before. Shell shocked and hard for them and us to conceive we can't generate what it takes to push to a win. Spurs taught us that in the first ever playoff in ?2005 and now they are the punishing teachers again but on a much bigger scale. I hope the Grizz have enough courage tomorrow to come out and steal a win at home. Yes steal a win because it is pretty evident that this is the Spurs last chance for another chip with those players. Still seems like a nightmarish dream this morning but it is a hard reality. So come in Grizz. Rest today. Don't punish your bodies( hear me Lionel ?); watch tape and learn. The Spurs are actually showing you what it takes to be champions. So so close but not there yet.

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2013, 11:15 AM
At this point I want a win or two because a sweep is embarrassing. Have no idea why ZBO continues to force bad shots. He needs to get his face up game going but refuses to. Spurs have confirmed what we already knew, we need more scoring and shooters

mzgrizz
05-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Off season will be very active

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Yeah I like

Reddick
Belinelli
Korver
Morrow

As fa in that order.

Draft a athletic shot blocking/rebounding big or shooter

Dieng (loui)
Tim hardaway jr (mich)
Covington (Tsu)
Southerland (syr)
Roberson (colo)
Withey (kan)
Desmond (USC)

mzgrizz
05-27-2013, 10:16 AM
It's really not do or die. It's all about digging down deep and remembering how they got to where they are today. To the Grizzlies, whatever happens tonight, I am so proud of your progress!!! Not so long ago we were the "easy" games circled on opposing teams' schedules. No longer. Whatever happens just makes us stronger. Win or lose , we have proven we are still a team to be reckoned with !
So come on Grizz ! Give it ALL you got !!! Go Grizz!!!

MrfadeawayJB
05-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Yes we had the wrong mindset from the start. They seemed happy to be in wcf and content. I want our guys to be mean again.

MrfadeawayJB
05-27-2013, 03:40 PM
It also bothers me that people say the grizz would have lost to lac with a healthy griffin and okc with Westbrook, as if we had no chance and just got luck of the draw. No respect

mzgrizz
05-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Easy to give no respect when SA rolls you over. It wouldn't have happened if we'd gotten both OTs. Our guys played the OTs like it was the start of a new quarter instead of the last minute of regulation as the Spurs did. Big mistake. You'd have thought the urgency would have gotten through to them. Coaching??

MrfadeawayJB
05-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Easy to give no respect when SA rolls you over. It wouldn't have happened if we'd gotten both OTs. Our guys played the OTs like it was the start of a new quarter instead of the last minute of regulation as the Spurs did. Big mistake. You'd have thought the urgency would have gotten through to them. Coaching??

I wouldn't say coaching but just the drain of energy. SA has depth on us big time. To be honest we needed to hit a game winner. That I'll blame in coaching. I did not like the play at all. We have to be creative since we don't have a go to guy. The play Bayless missed the three a few games back was a well designed play though.

MrfadeawayJB
05-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Now I will be depressed :hide:

mzgrizz
05-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Nah. Think how FAR we have come. And learning more every day.
Way to go Grizzlies !

mzgrizz
05-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Best part tonight was seeing an old friend Penny Hardaway in the tunnel

AlexTmz2
05-28-2013, 12:09 AM
much respect to the griz and their fans. it was a tough series and i hope to see you guys again next year. stay positive and humble guys.

good luck.

mzgrizz
05-28-2013, 01:28 AM
much respect to the griz and their fans. it was a tough series and i hope to see you guys again next year. stay positive and humble guys.

good luck.

Thanks man. Always respected Duncan and Parker and Pop. And your fans are among the best.
Small market guys need to stick together

cyclonw
05-28-2013, 05:01 AM
Sad day especially for me. Hope we get busy in the offseason to get the shooters we needed. as for Hollins I'm not so sure if we can keep hollins though knowing the Nets/Clips/Bucks are interested in him and could offer him way too much dollars than we can afford. another decision would be either to keep Zbo and Allen. We know for the fact that Zbo's name were floating around before the trade deadline even after Rudy's trade. and hopefully they will try to develop Ed Davis, this kid has great potential incase we loss Zbo. develop Wroten to be the next allen as well. try to sign Korver, Belinelli, Morrow or try to trade for Marshoon Brooks of the Nets or Gordon Hayward. If they are planning to move at all Zbo then I'm thinking Zbo/Allen for Hayward/Favors or Zbo for Iggy and put Ed as starting PF. looking forward for next season