PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you had Mozz Sticks like THIS?

Ezekial
02-11-2013, 08:36 PM
So there's this place that opened up a couple years ago in my neighborhood of Edison Park in Chicago. It is called Snappy Dog, it is a tiny hot dog joint, mainly for a weekend nightcap to soak up the alcohol.
Anyway they have these Mozzarella Sticks and they are in an wonton. Same size as egg rolls and seriously they are divine. Probably terrible for you but they 3 giant stix oozing with more Mozz than ever needed, eat them after a night of drinking and you are a champion the next day.... If you can put them down hung over it will be a great decision for the rest of the day.
YOU SEE THESE TOO?

BroadwayJoe
02-11-2013, 09:10 PM
wait, is the wonton the breading substitute or is it breaded mooz wrapped in a wonton shell?

either way, that sounds awesome...

haggis
02-11-2013, 10:24 PM
So there's this place that opened up a couple years ago in my neighborhood of Edison Park in Chicago. It is called Snappy Dog, it is a tiny hot dog joint, mainly for a weekend nightcap to soak up the alcohol.
Anyway they have these Mozzarella Sticks and they are in an wonton. Same size as egg rolls and seriously they are divine. Probably terrible for you but they 3 giant stix oozing with more Mozz than ever needed, eat them after a night of drinking and you are a champion the next day.... If you can put them down hung over it will be a great decision for the rest of the day.
YOU SEE THESE TOO?

I've had these at a couple of places. They're quite good, and a really good take on the classic stick.

wait, is the wonton the breading substitute or is it breaded mooz wrapped in a wonton shell?

either way, that sounds awesome...

Breading substitute. I don't know if I've had wonton wrapped, but I've seen them a bunch in phyllo dough.

haggis
02-11-2013, 10:26 PM
These are the ones I've had at Taverna 750 on Halsted:

Mozzarella Alla Phyllo (candied walnuts, white truffle honey, sea salt) (http://i.imgur.com/wrVhqYI.jpg)

CityofTreez
02-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I primarily eat mozzarella fresh & cold.

I'm about to smoke some cheeses this weekend though....cheddar, Gouda, muenster, and mozzarella.

GGGGG-Men
02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
I primarily eat mozzarella fresh & cold.

I'm about to smoke some cheeses this weekend though....cheddar, Gouda, muenster, and mozzarella.

I think its about time we meet.......and i come over.....and eat some of your cheese.

There is virtually nothing I love more than smoked cheese. Cheddar, Gouda, Mozzarella, Swiss....love them all. BUT I definitely have never had a smoked muenster. That sounds pretty damn awesome.

BroadwayJoe
02-12-2013, 02:42 PM
These are the ones I've had at Taverna 750 on Halsted:

Mozzarella Alla Phyllo (candied walnuts, white truffle honey, sea salt) (http://i.imgur.com/wrVhqYI.jpg)

well, doesn't that just look fantastic...

CityofTreez
02-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Oh God.....never smoked Swiss Cheese, and now I want to.

The smoked Gouda & Muenster go quick man.
Uncle is hosting up to 200+ at his Wine Tasting room.
Nothing better than cheese & wine in Healdsburg, CA...

GGGGG-Men
02-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Oh God.....never smoked Swiss Cheese, and now I want to.

The smoked Gouda & Muenster go quick man.
Uncle is hosting up to 200+ at his Wine Tasting room.
Nothing better than cheese & wine in Healdsburg, CA...

6 1/2 hour drive from me.....I'm on the way.

I think the smoked swiss I got was from Whole Foods. One of the best I've had.

Buckwheat
02-14-2013, 01:49 AM
yeah.

i worked at a golf course and we had mozzy sticks and we made em like this. they ****ing sucked *** to prepare but are still my favorite treat of all time.

CityofTreez
02-19-2013, 02:44 AM
6 1/2 hour drive from me.....I'm on the way.

I think the smoked swiss I got was from Whole Foods. One of the best I've had.

I brought my 3 smoked cheeses, and my damn aunt bought a white cheddar cheese block.

I loved my cheeses, but lets just say, I was in live with the 10lb cheese block.