PDA

View Full Version : George Foreman Grill

Gators123
01-13-2013, 09:43 PM
I just bought one. I NEVER cook so this is going to be something new for me :laugh2:

Anybody else have one and use it? Whats your favorite thing to make on it?

BroadwayJoe
01-13-2013, 09:49 PM
it's really good for grilling chicken breasts if you don't have an actual grill

i also grill fish and burgers on there when the community grill in my development is taken

popo85
01-13-2013, 10:28 PM
turkey burgers

CityofTreez
01-13-2013, 10:32 PM
I had a Foreman grill, and we used the hell out it. It took a beating when I was living with roommates. It fell apart, but chicken & hot dogs were solid off the Foreman.

GunFactor187
01-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Making porkchops and steaks on those are pretty nice

Sidenote: Welcome to the Food Forum, fellow Pistonite! Lol.

db75
01-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't love mine. I crank the heat up to seat things, but I end up just finishing them in the oven - I don't like how quickly the temp drops on that thing.

It does make a pretty mean toasted sammich though :laugh2:

Giannis94
01-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Does the grill produce a lot of noise, smell or heat that might set off a fire alarm? I was thinking about getting one for my dorm and they are super strict but I'm sure I can get away with it assuming it has no obvious negative effects.

Johann
01-14-2013, 12:21 AM
They're great for Paninis.
Way cheaper than those legit panini presses, for a third of the cost.

Good for heating up meat fast.

Haven't cooked raw meat on it yet.

Johann
01-14-2013, 12:23 AM
Does the grill produce a lot of noise, smell or heat that might set off a fire alarm? I was thinking about getting one for my dorm and they are super strict but I'm sure I can get away with it assuming it has no obvious negative effects.

No noise.

But the smell/heat that comes off depends on the food you're cooking... :laugh2:

behindmydesk
01-14-2013, 11:20 AM
it's good for chicken and small things, especially nice to let the fat drip out. But honestly no matter what I do, it's never as tasty as cooking on a regular grill or in the oven even or pan on the stove. It's a matter of easy though

Ezekial
01-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Ahh college, George Foreman was very helpful during those times.

The Schmooze
01-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Ahh college, George Foreman was very helpful during those times.

Oh yes. That and ramen noodles. I'd also take extra grinders from our wehn we had baseball double-headers, and bring them home.

I remember going to the gas station and get Poly-O string cheese, then bread them and make mozzerella sticks. Ah the days in college of having no money!

Max Power
01-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Gotta love the little dipping tray included.

01-14-2013, 12:51 PM
I hate it with a passion. I'd rather bake the foods I've put on it or grill in a snowstorm than use this thing. I saw the mention of making panini on it and that might be it's only use other than filling space in a cupboard full of stuff we never/rarely use.

GGGGG-Men
01-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Hate it for fish. Leaves it with a funky flavor and you dont get the true charcoal singe that grilling is meant to do.

It's ok for some stuff I guess....panninis and stuff.

Gators123
01-16-2013, 04:02 PM
So far I've tried burgers and hotdogs. Burgers came out alright(a little dry) and the Nathans hotdogs were good.

I have some frozen chicken breast in the freezer I picked up a couple weeks ago, I'm going to put it in the fridge to defrost that way I can use them tomorrow. I'm thinking of just marinating them in some Italian dressing.

Should I let the grill sit flat that way it doesn't drain all the juices and make it dry?

The Schmooze
01-16-2013, 04:09 PM
So far I've tried burgers and hotdogs. Burgers came out alright(a little dry) and the Nathans hotdogs were good.

I have some frozen chicken breast in the freezer I picked up a couple weeks ago, I'm going to put it in the fridge to defrost that way I can use them tomorrow. I'm thinking of just marinating them in some Italian dressing.

Should I let the grill sit flat that way it doesn't drain all the juices and make it dry?

I would. Also if you're inclined add some worchestershire sauce to the italian dressing marinade. My aunt used to do that with chicken and flank steak especially, and it is pretty bangin

Gators123
01-16-2013, 04:31 PM
^ I'll try that. Thanks.