PDA

View Full Version : Wizards in Trade Talks for Rudy Gay

WizFan3
01-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Okay it's clear we're in talks and that Rudy Gay is part of the deal. I honestly believe that you guys are going to wait until the off-season to move him. If however they looked a bit closer at the Grunfeld's offer, who do you think the deal would include on both sides? What would you guys like to see happen?

mzgrizz
01-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Give me Ernie's offer

mzgrizz
01-13-2013, 12:10 PM
I personally DO NOT want to move him,and lose Coach Hollins in the process because he is clearly stating in interviews that he will have to consider what he wants to do about his own possible contract extension if they blow up the team. He has been very vocal about keeping Rudy.

MrfadeawayJB
01-13-2013, 02:10 PM
no link?

WizFan3
01-13-2013, 02:23 PM
theres at least 50...google it

MrfadeawayJB
01-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Ok i see some. Not sure what it would take. I like Webster who adresses the shooting and 3 position, however i'm not so sure that Wizards are willing to part with beal. Maybe a draft pick would make it more enticing? It's sure to be a top 10 pick

J Falk
01-13-2013, 02:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a6zpjra

Maybe something like this???

Don't really like what you guys have to offer...

MrfadeawayJB
01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Honestly not a big fan of Ariza. I think a pick would need to be included

MrfadeawayJB
01-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Not to mention some of the guys in WAS have what i call a "losing mindset". Not sure how they fit in with a winning team

WALLtoMCGEE
01-13-2013, 03:52 PM
0% chance of beal being in trade. Unless wiz offer their first I don't see it happening

MrfadeawayJB
01-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Agree the pick has to be included for the grizz to even entertain a trade with washington

WizFan3
01-13-2013, 09:54 PM
ill keep it real with ya...ariza is about as useful as a chair with no legs but crawford is a very good scorer. if you guys got webster that would be good too. i honestly wouldnt mind throwing in our projected top 3 pick but grunfeld wouldnt do it

MrfadeawayJB
01-13-2013, 09:56 PM
yeah ariza is trash. Crawford would be a good sixth man type but i still worry about his ability to score off the ball, which would be required of him here.

mzgrizz
01-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Don't see it happening.
Denver still had the best trades for me IF it has to happen

WizFan3
01-14-2013, 02:15 PM
yeah ariza is trash. Crawford would be a good sixth man type but i still worry about his ability to score off the ball, which would be required of him here.

he can hit deep threes and can shoot of screens however yes he is better at creating for himself which is also a need because now he is the o ly tuy that would he able to do that

WizFan3
01-14-2013, 02:15 PM
however we offered bradley beal so jcraw most likely is not in the deal.

I Am Awesome-O
01-14-2013, 04:19 PM
According to a person with knowledge of those conversations, Gay is likely to remain a Grizzly through the end of this season. The message to Gay at the moment is that if he is dealt by the league's Feb. 21 trade deadline, then the Griz will have been offered a no-brainer scenario.

For example, the Griz have entertained the Washington Wizards' offer for Gay. The crux of that exchange would have the Griz receiving rookie shooting guard Bradley Beal in a larger package. The proposals for Randolph have been even weaker.

None of the potential deals has merit because they aren't believed to be strong enough to keep the Griz on their current pace.

Gay and Randolph are the Grizzlies' highest-paid players. Each will earn about $16.5 million this season and both players are due more than $17 million for the 2013-14 campaign. The reality is that one of them will be traded in the next two years because Griz ownership doesn't want to be a repeat luxury-tax payer — something that is more punitive in the league's new collective bargaining agreement.
Per Tillery.

If this is the case, the Grizzlies are crazy to turn down Beal for Gay.

WizFan3
01-14-2013, 06:51 PM
this is what i know wed be offerin beal and okafor and prolly something else id imagine ariza. if thats the case u guys can have nene and well take z-bo

MrfadeawayJB
01-14-2013, 08:58 PM
this is what i know wed be offerin beal and okafor and prolly something else id imagine ariza. if thats the case u guys can have nene and well take z-bo

hell no Z-bo is not going anywhere

bacOnSwole
01-14-2013, 10:04 PM
If right now and the future and right now is what we are talking about then im building around youth and athleticism I was a grizzlies fan before rudy and zbo and the truth is the only reason that zbo isnt mention as much as rudy is we cant get as much for him I say if we can at least get a shot blocker for zbo lets do it we still have big moe and now we have author we can still go pretty far without zbo we have proven that already if we add a true shoot blocker and an expiring contract during the off season we can add the knock down three point threat we badly need and resign tony allen

MrfadeawayJB
01-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Allen is 31 yrs old. He is an elite defensive player who will lose his step soon. Trading Z-BO for a shot blocker isnt a bad idea, but he is a walking double double. We need to trade him for much more value than that if we did trade him. He has connected with the city and fans so well that the only way we trade him is for an unbeleivable offer.

mzgrizz
01-15-2013, 12:39 AM
I can't imagine what it would take for me to want to move ZBo anytime soon

J Falk
01-15-2013, 02:06 AM
People are so quick to want to move Rudy, but look what happens when we don't have him against a good team like the Clippers...

I've always said if we can find a decent trade for Zbo we should do it...I love zbo too, but let's face it...He's old and getting older...are we really going to want to pay him 18 million when he's 33 and 17 million when he's 34 when we have Darrell Arthur and Speights sitting behind him makin 1/5 that?

I still think if we can get a big rebounding/defending center, a true point guard that can shoot, and a draft pick for Zbo we should do it...I think Rudy is a better investment at this point considering everything(player ages, current roster)

I've always had this stance on the situation...I think if we show loyalty to Rudy(the guy we drafted) he will become an even better Grizzly

MrfadeawayJB
01-15-2013, 02:18 AM
I agree with all your saying J Falk, but the problem is that Z-BO's value may not be high enough to other teams in the league. I want a fair trade for our walking double double. If the offer is something we can't refuse, i see it happening. We need Marc to show us he can pick up the scoring load as well

jason17
01-15-2013, 02:46 AM
Wiz fan here. Looks like rudy rumors getting stronger every day.

What would you guys do to trade Gay for?.

J Falk
01-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Wiz fan here. Looks like rudy rumors getting stronger every day.

What would you guys do to trade Gay for?.

It actually looks like the FO is starting to realize how imporant Rudy is. This could just be part of their plan in trying to heat up the offers, but as of now it's looking like Rudy isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

With that said, the Wizards don't have the pieces to get Rudy...we would need a good small forward in return and y'all don't have one to offer...we would need a good backup point guard and y'all don't have one to offer...I don't think the Grizzlies FO have even the slightest interest in trading with y'all.

J Falk
01-15-2013, 11:48 PM
If we trade Rudy, it is an absolute must that we get a good starting small forward in return. Obviously this player would have to have a decent salary, as well. These are my favorite trades(notice some include 1st round picks and some don't).

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bj5jy6m add a 1st round pick
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a9798jl
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abauyc9
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axa9mlb add 2 1st round picks
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a3kaz6g add a 1st round pick

IF and I say IF we traded with the Wizards, I think the trade could look something like this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=an35wkm

It's not my favorite trade by far, but it wouldn't be horrible...I'd expect a first round pick too, but I don't know if the Wizards would give up that much..

All these trades have 3 things in common. 1) A good small forward that can shoot the three 2) Good role players such as backup point guards, shooters, or bigs. 3)Salaries that get us back under the luxury tax.

Like I said earlier, I'm not in favor of trading Rudy, but IF we do, I'd like to see a trade something like one of these.

WizFan3
01-16-2013, 11:00 AM
were not trading bradley beal

mzgrizz
01-16-2013, 11:45 PM
I'll look at anything now

mzgrizz
01-20-2013, 02:05 AM
0% chance of beal being in trade. Unless wiz offer their first I don't see it happening

Beal sure wasn't efficient tonight. Sounds like he has some promise but he's not even knee high to Rudy.

RaJAxTWa
01-20-2013, 07:44 PM
quick question from a nets fan

Would you guys trade gay to us for hump marshon and a pick or 2?

mzgrizz
01-20-2013, 08:43 PM
quick question from a nets fan

Would you guys trade gay to us for hump marshon and a pick or 2?

Nope. Why would we do that?

WizFan3
01-21-2013, 12:52 AM
i see where hes gettn at tho... u get a scoring guard cause tony allen sure cant do it. but then theres such a log jam at the 4 arthur, zbo, and hump? id buy out hump so brooks for gay...not doin it

mzgrizz
01-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Def not doing that

WizFan3
01-21-2013, 12:11 PM
okay quick q. i hear other teams r in trade talks with yall. that worries me that we have less of a chance at getting rudy gay. hopefully the talks die until closer to the deadline?

J Falk
01-21-2013, 04:52 PM
I hope we don't trade with y'all too...lol...especially with all that, "you're not getting Beal" noise...

WizFan3
01-21-2013, 07:41 PM
because were just not gonna give him up...why wouldn't want jcraw....you guys need a scorer in return

mzgrizz
01-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Guess this kills it for at least a year..................................

WizFan3
01-23-2013, 10:48 PM
talks are heating back up and were thr frontrunners jcraw and ariza are for sure involved along with our 1st rounder

MrfadeawayJB
01-24-2013, 12:25 AM
could happen but i dont think we will see it

mzgrizz
01-24-2013, 12:39 AM
I'm kinda sick of the emotional roller coaster and I'm ready for the deadline to be here !!!!!

MrfadeawayJB
01-24-2013, 04:32 PM
ask and you shall receive!

Ronald Tillery ‏@CAGrizBlog
Griz CEO Jason Levien to media after practice: 'It's more likely than not that we do nothing (with core by Feb21). We really like our team.'

Retweeted by Rob Fischer

mzgrizz
01-25-2013, 12:28 AM
ask and you shall receive!

Glory Hallelujah !!!!