PDA

View Full Version : Best potato recipes

Hawkeye15
01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
I just made some twice baked potatoes a couple days ago.

12 large potatoes
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups milk
1 stick of butter
3 TBSP's black pepper
4 spoonfulls of sour cream

Baked the potatoes at 425 degrees, 1:15
cut an oval on the top, dig out the inner part of the potato, leaving the skin shell intact.
Mash the potatoes with all the ingredients above.
Put them back in the shells,
Put a slice of cheddar over each potato, put back in oven for 10 minutes.

I love these, were a big hit at the party I went to.

I love potatoes. Anyone else have a recipe that they love?

Giannis94
01-08-2013, 11:24 PM
My grandma has a recipe that has been passed down for a while. Im sure its pretty similar. I love them

Johann
01-09-2013, 01:54 AM
English potatoes (I believe that's what they're called) are pretty awesome if you want a potato that has a crunchy outside/soft inside.

Cut potatoes into quarters/eights , or whatever size. Quarters are better because they kind of shrink.
Preheat oven to 400
Place potatoes in pot of water. Boil water with potatoes in for around 6 minutes.
Strain potatoes (still in pot).

Cover pot, hold lid down, and violently shake the potatoes, until the edges are 'roughened'.
Let the potatoes sit for a few minutes.
While waiting, cover a baking sheet with oil, and heat in oven for a few minutes.

Place potatoes on the heated baking sheet, and cover them in the oil.
Season with salt/pepper, or whatever you like.

Let them cook for 40ish minutes or so, until golden brown and crispy. Baste them/move them around at the halfway point (20 minute mark).

Enjoy.

behindmydesk
01-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Sometimes the best potato for me is simply putting it in the microwave after I fork holed it and quick baking. Simple and good. I'm a huge potato fan

Mashed potato's I do this

I cut the potato's with the skin on into cubes. Boil them in garlic water. Strain

Mash them up putting fresh press garlic, cut up and diced finely jalepeno's some heavy cream, a bit of sour cream, and a dash of milk and some butter. Then when it's whipped and still very hot, I put in a cup of Sharp Chedder, and a cup of pepperjack cheese and mix again so the cheese starts to melt into the potato. Spicy and good and with a garlic extra.

BroadwayJoe
01-09-2013, 11:25 AM
i've posted this before, but it is one of the best potato dishes you will ever have!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/tater-and-asparagus-toss-recipe/index.html

GGGGG-Men
01-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Potato rolled tacos. I can't make them though. El Zarap in San Diego does and they're the single greatest potato food you could ever eat.

Basically a mashed up potato rolled in a fresh corn tortilla and fried. Mine never seem to come out right though.

GGGGG-Men
01-09-2013, 02:37 PM
also grilled fingerlings. Make them when i go camping. Parboiled, coated with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder and rosemary and grill away.

Campfire baked potatoes are awesome too, but nothing too fancy about them.

Driven
01-09-2013, 04:09 PM
I dont care what the recipe is, if it has potatoes i will eat it and i will like it

01-09-2013, 05:35 PM
I usually just microwave the potatoes when I "bake" them for the first time to save time and then actually bake them. I make a few extra potatoes just for more filling or add in some instant mashed potatoes. I usually also put garlic powder, onion powder and parsley flakes for sure in them also. I like using spices so sometimes I just start grabbing stuff and toss it in. Rarely turns out bad.

popo85
01-09-2013, 09:30 PM
I dont care what the recipe is, if it has potatoes i will eat it and i will like it

same here and let that cholesterol rise lol

ManRam
01-09-2013, 10:23 PM

12 large potatoes
3 cups milk
1 stick of butter
3 TBSP's black pepper

cut an oval on the top, dig out the inner part of the potato, leaving the skin shell intact.

This sounds good. Might try it out this weekend.

Potatoes :drool:

SnoStorm
01-13-2013, 11:17 PM

12 large potatoes
3 cups milk
1 stick of butter
3 TBSP's black pepper

Made the same exact thing last night for with dinner except I went the quick way. I microwave baked the potatoes then while i was making the mash, i rubbed the skins in olive oil and threw them in the oven to crisp up.

As for the mashed filling you can throw pretty much anything (within reason) in it and they'll come out fantastic.

metsbulls1025
01-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Cut the potatoes into small pieces. Put them in a baking tray and I use french onion soup mix and fresh rosemary. I mix it in the tray and just pop them in the oven.

Best potatoes I have ever had.