PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy John's Appreciation Thread

db75
01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Title speaks for itself.

I had a #9 today with peppers. ****'s just so damn good.

behindmydesk
01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
I heard a nasty rumor last night, that Jimmy Johns isn't putting sprouts on the sammiches anymore?

db75
01-02-2013, 03:36 PM
As far as I know, they still do :shrug:

Next time I see my friend, I'll ask her (she works in corporate/marketing and might know).

...I don't like the sprouts on the sammiches anyway :hide:

behindmydesk
01-02-2013, 03:38 PM
That's the best part of jimmy johns (which I do love just haven't been there in a few months) is the sprouts. Love those things.

Yea they said due to salmonella they stopped.

db75
01-02-2013, 04:28 PM
^Huh. That's interesting.

I thought they had scaled back for cost reasons (the assumption I made based off of the menu at the one I frequented only detailing sprouts for a couple of sammiches), but I guess that assumption was wrong.

W/e...I wasn't a big fan of sprouts in the first place.

Driven
01-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Ive never had it. We have them here though. We have a chain called dibellas, which trumps every single lunch/subs/fast food ive ever had

BroadwayJoe
01-02-2013, 05:44 PM
i like the hunter's whatever-it's-called with roast beef and turkey

db75
01-02-2013, 05:49 PM
^That's probably my third favorite. The Beach club is pretty ****ing good.

OldStyleCubbies
01-02-2013, 06:36 PM
The slims are the way to go. 4$ for deliciousness.

Giannis94
01-02-2013, 09:44 PM
I like anything from Jimmy Johns. Although the flavor doesn't match Subway due to the ingredients used, JJ i definitely a more gratifying sub.

As far as my favorites:
#9 Italian Club
Beach Club (love avocados)
JJ Gar

In no order.

Driven
01-02-2013, 09:49 PM
The flavor doesnt match subway??

db75
01-02-2013, 10:27 PM
I like anything from Jimmy Johns. Although the flavor doesn't match Subway due to the ingredients used, JJ i definitely a more gratifying sub.

As far as my favorites:
#9 Italian Club
JJ Gar

In no order.

...what????

Jimmy John's is waaaaaay ****ing better. The meats are better. The veggies are better. The bread is better.

That's not saying Subway is terrible, but Jimmy John's is head and shoulders above Subway.

Giannis94
01-02-2013, 11:13 PM
...what????

Jimmy John's is waaaaaay ****ing better. The meats are better. The veggies are better. The bread is better.

That's not saying Subway is terrible, but Jimmy John's is head and shoulders above Subway.

I didn't mean it the way you took it. I meant that subways taste is a lot better because of the stuff they add to the subs. I agree with you on every point though.

db75
01-02-2013, 11:15 PM
I didn't mean it the way you took it. I meant that subways taste is a lot better because of the stuff they add to the subs. I agree with you on every point though.

That's exactly why they don't taste better (aside from the inferior ingredients).

Brad IBCB
01-02-2013, 11:16 PM
The Porker :drool:

northsider
01-02-2013, 11:22 PM
I do like me some Jimmy Johns but, Potbelly is better lol.

However both of them blow away wrong way.

Club Lulu please.

db75
01-02-2013, 11:29 PM
I do like me some Jimmy Johns but, Potbelly is better lol.

However both of them blow away wrong way.

Club Lulu please.

Dude, don't even get me started on Potbelly. The closest to me is 100+ miles away. You have no idea how much that saddens me.

db75
01-02-2013, 11:32 PM
I lied...45 miles away. Still, it makes me sad.

.Sean.
01-03-2013, 02:49 AM

Subway is terrible

db75
01-03-2013, 06:47 AM
For a place where you get a meal + for $5, no it isn't.

long ball
01-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Jimmy johns is awesome. Real meat and fresh bread.

Potbellys is also very good

The only thing subway has going for it is their bread selection.

Driven
01-03-2013, 11:12 AM
A $5 small sub at most sub shops will give you better quality and fill you up more than a 5 dollar foot long at Subway.

Subway is terrible.

ManRam
01-03-2013, 12:22 PM
There's a Jimmy Johns in the lobby of the hospital my building is attached to. I go there a lot now that it's cold and I don't wanna go outside to get something.

It's so simple but so good. Not sure why it's better than Subway, because there isn't really anything it tangibly does that subway can't (Subway can provide you A LOT more), but I do love those subs.

I usually get the Italian Night Club or the Country Club...with peppers.

chicagocubsfan
01-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Title speaks for itself.

I had a #9 today with peppers. ****'s just so damn good.
I get the exact thing every time I go. And a pickle. So damn good.

Ezekial
01-03-2013, 02:39 PM
I get the Beach Club..... Except I don't go as much since they removed sprouts.

** EDITED - They still say sprouts on every menu though so I imagine they would come back.
To be honest if JJs bread wasn't so good I would never go there.

BroadwayJoe
01-03-2013, 04:37 PM
just had a bootlegger's club on whole wheat (hold the mayo)

db75
01-03-2013, 04:57 PM
I get the Beach Club..... Except I don't go as much since they removed sprouts.

I don't think it was answered but the sprouts were removed due to an E Coli breakout in their sprouts in early 2012(maybe late 11) and they never put them back in. They still say sprouts on every menu though so I imagine they would come back.
To be honest if JJs bread wasn't so good I would never go there.

The bread really is what makes it.

ManRam
01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah. It has the be the bread. I mean, everything else so simple/basic.

db75
01-03-2013, 07:24 PM
I do like whatever it is they do to their onions, too. They seem lightly marinated in an oil/vinegar with some herbs added to them, too.

northsider
01-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Hmmm, thinking of some JJ's for dinner.

Or perhaps some Potbelly with a loaded baked potato soup and a brownie.

However the freaky fast delivery is def. out weighing me actually driving anywhere.

northsider
01-03-2013, 07:44 PM
And on the note of freaky fast it truly is not an understatement.

I was doing a driveway job out in the boonies with a crew of like 6 one day. Mind you these people had a house that had it's own drive way street sign so it's not really located on GPS or easy to find.

We made close to a 80 dollar order between all of us and I swear it was as if someone was at the end of the driveway with all of our sandwiches pre-made.

I do love their pickles too.

GunFactor187
01-04-2013, 12:12 AM
I usually get two sandwiches from there cuz one's never enough haha! What I'd do is get two sandwiches that contain two combinations of meats from: ham, turkey, and roast beef. Or sometimes I'd just get the Garg. And I barf at the smell of Potbelly, not good at all, the bread is extremely hard, that just ruins it for me, only been there once, will only go there once, never again.

OldStyleCubbies
01-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Ya Potbelly wasn't that great the time I had it.

db75
01-04-2013, 10:05 AM
You guys crapping on Potbelly have terrible palates.

blue bleeder09
01-04-2013, 01:30 PM

As far as my favorites:
#9 Italian Club
JJ Gar

In no order.never been to one but if subway is better i will pass subway sucks

ManRam
01-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I don't get why either restaurant "sucks". What more do you expect from a fast food sub shop?

behindmydesk
01-04-2013, 03:50 PM
I don't get why either restaurant "sucks". What more do you expect from a fast food sub shop?

I eat subway and used to love it and still will eat it. But it sucks for me because whatever they put in it, kills my stomach about 75% of the time.

Now that said they let you load up on Banana peppers so my wife hates Jimmy JOhns and goes to subway all over banana peppers.

Subway when the bread is fresh has great bread. Problem is it seems to get hard after setting or the 16 year old tattooed freak over cooks it.

db75
01-04-2013, 03:50 PM
never been to one but if subway is better i will pass subway sucks

Subway isn't better, and it doesn't suck. You guys are ridiculous. It's a fast food sub shop (like ManRamForAdmin said). You're not getting some amazing *** sub.

But for the price, Jimmy John's and Potbelly are pretty ****ing good.

db75
01-04-2013, 03:52 PM
I eat subway and used to love it and still will eat it. But it sucks for me because whatever they put in it, kills my stomach about 75% of the time.

Now that said they let you load up on Banana peppers so my wife hates Jimmy JOhns and goes to subway all over banana peppers.

Subway when the bread is fresh has great bread. Problem is it seems to get hard after setting or the 16 year old tattooed freak over cooks it.

The turkey and roast beef sammiches there make me **** like no other.

I usually just go for a BLT with extra bacon and giardiniera.

behindmydesk
01-04-2013, 03:57 PM
The turkey and roast beef sammiches there make me **** like no other.

I usually just go for a BLT with extra bacon and giardiniera.

Ok so it isn't just me

I'm the same way

I usually go for the spicy italian and fine. But when eating healthy you figure oh subway is a great turkey sandwhich low on calories. Yea and then you crap out it anyway so you inject no calories.

db75
01-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Before they changed their chicken breast, I ate that **** on the reg.

Like 1.5-2 years ago, though, it changed and is nowhere near as tasty.

northsider
01-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Used to love the italian BMT and now I just get a boring turkey on italian herbs and cheeses.

Dmac
01-04-2013, 08:27 PM
I am going to have a Jimmy Johns BLT for dinner. I like Subway, but Jimmy Johns bread is definitely better. Their BLT is hard to beat as well.