PDA

View Full Version : Travel & Eat

CityofTreez
10-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Where would you go to experience real, authentic cuisine?

If you haven't already...

CityofTreez
10-24-2012, 12:37 PM
I love Spanish/Mexican cuisine.

I want to go to Brazil, and eat their pork that they carve on those pikes. I've been to an all-you-can eat Brazilian restaurant, but I want the REAL thing.

GGGGG-Men
10-24-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm mostly vegetarian/pescatarian so I'd love to tour the Mediterranean region and parts of India.

#1 though is Italy. Tuscany mainly or pizza in Naples.

Yankee Clipper
10-24-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm mostly vegetarian/pescatarian so I'd love to tour the Mediterranean region and parts of India.

#1 though is Italy. Tuscany mainly or pizza in Naples.

Boom. I was their last fall from September until December and lived on their cuisine from each region for those months. Nothing is quite like it. Fresh, vibrant ingredients that make every dish better than the next.

GGGGG-Men
10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Boom. I was their last fall from September until December and lived on their cuisine from each region for those months. Nothing is quite like it. Fresh, vibrant ingredients that make every dish better than the next.

I've never been there and on a related note I now hate you.

Yankee Clipper
10-24-2012, 09:46 PM
I've never been there and on a related note I now hate you.

Understood. But yeah the Tuscany area was unreal. That would be my highest recommendation if you ever have the opportunity to travel to Europe.

GGGGG-Men
10-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Understood. But yeah the Tuscany area was unreal. That would be my highest recommendation if you ever have the opportunity to travel to Europe.

My dad was in Italy 2 weeks ago. Ate at a vineyard in Tuscany.....so jealous. He said it was amazing. Great wine there.

CityofTreez
10-25-2012, 12:42 PM

What was the best dish you ate in Italy, or is that impossible to answer?

Funniest thing was a friend went there and ordered risotto. He orders it everywhere just to see if it comes close to what he experienced in Italy. It's hilarious, he does it just to think of his vacation in Italy, kind of like nostalgia. He also knows it won't be as good, but he doesn't care.

Yankee Clipper
10-25-2012, 12:50 PM
What was the best dish you ate in Italy, or is that impossible to answer?

Funniest thing was a friend went there and ordered risotto. He orders it everywhere just to see if it comes close to what he experienced in Italy. It's hilarious, he does it just to think of his vacation in Italy, kind of like nostalgia. He also knows it won't be as good, but he doesn't care.

I would probably have to say my favorite dish was a plate of pasta with pesto sauce I ordered at a winery in Tuscany. The sauce was out of this world and I refuse to eat common pesto sauce again because of the bar it set. The wine I had there was also phenomenal so I naturally brought back three cases with me to the US :laugh2:

Yankee Clipper
10-25-2012, 12:51 PM
My dad was in Italy 2 weeks ago. Ate at a vineyard in Tuscany.....so jealous. He said it was amazing. Great wine there.

Yeah I went to a few wineries in the Tuscany area. My favorite was one in Greve, very small town.

BroadwayJoe
10-26-2012, 12:57 PM
italy
spain
vietnam
india
thailand
japan
germany
china

americaspasttim
10-27-2012, 01:12 PM
American Samoa or Hawaii...

blue bleeder09
10-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Doesnt get any better than louisanna

BroadwayJoe
10-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Doesnt get any better than louisanna

it really doesn't... found this recently-moved louisiana chef with a stand-up shop in a farmer's market the other day (i live 20 mins outside of miami). got me some crawfish ettouffee and red beans n' rice for about $6 total. HOT FIYAHHH!

CityofTreez
10-29-2012, 01:38 PM
American Samoa or Hawaii...

Visited Hawaii multiple times.

Love their food, but the food is really heavy for an island.
Amazing seafood, and they have a bunch of burger shops with Asian influence. This one burger place had a pineapple BBQ sauce. I'll probably never see that offered anywhere else, except Hawaii. I also saw a family eating Sting Ray, and I'll admit, I wanted to try it out.

Anyplace near water has great seafood. Huge win in my book.

HoodedSB
11-13-2012, 01:13 AM
I really want to try real Thai food. Also, japan. I would come back 200 lbs heavier if I ever go to japan.