PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Tuesday

MetsLegacy
10-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Wondering what the general consensus of people is about Ruby Tuesday.

I had always been pretty indifferent about the restaurant, it was a nice place to go to once in a while but nothing that I'd go out of the way for. Pretty cheap for what they offer, but in terms of atmosphere and environment I think they're confused with what they want to be. From what I gather, they're trying to attract the sports crowd that flocks to Applebee's and T.G.I. Friday's, but their look isn't really conducive to what they're trying to attract.

I started working at a local Ruby's at the end of July...and think there's a lot wrong with the corporate structure. A lot of their menu items don't make sense, a lot of their preparation could be more efficient (in my mind), and I think that their advertising is horrendous.

That said, what's your perception on Ruby?

behindmydesk
10-15-2012, 07:45 PM
The sports crowd goes to TGIF or Applebee's?

GGGGG-Men
10-15-2012, 08:55 PM
This should be under the "Chain Reviews". When they first started they were nice, but then the chain thing kicked in and they become as crappy as Friday's, Chili's and the rest.

grandsalami
10-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Never been to one, though I keep getting advertisments for them here in LA..... Where the cloest one to me is........ 200+ miles....... It would have to be a pretty good comerical, and have to include some things in it for me, for me to drive 200+ miles to go to a resturant

DamnGoat
10-15-2012, 10:59 PM
The one in my area is apparently very hit & miss. It doesn't seem to cater to the sports crowd at all. There are several sports bars for that.

Anyway, this one's located near the Walmart Home Office, so it gets plenty of lunchtime business during the week and I've always heard complaints about the service and the food not being that good (which makes me wonder why people always go back). But then I've been there on the weekend before and it's very good.

I don't know if they all have Garden Bar's or not, but that's one thing they should get rid of. I didn't care for it and rarely see anyone get it when they order.

MetsLegacy
10-16-2012, 12:22 AM
The one in my area is apparently very hit & miss. It doesn't seem to cater to the sports crowd at all. There are several sports bars for that.

Anyway, this one's located near the Walmart Home Office, so it gets plenty of lunchtime business during the week and I've always heard complaints about the service and the food not being that good (which makes me wonder why people always go back). But then I've been there on the weekend before and it's very good.

I don't know if they all have Garden Bar's or not, but that's one thing they should get rid of. I didn't care for it and rarely see anyone get it when they order.

The garden bar is actually one of the biggest attractions at this location, oddly enough. I think it's because ours is well maintained and it's one of the only restaurants that provides a salad bar in the area. It's really the only thing that helps to make Ruby feel unique.

Service is hit or miss, with fewer hits than misses.

The food is standard or below-average for prep. The steaks and burgers are fresh. I'm not sure about the chicken, and all of the fish is frozen. The fresh desserts aren't fresh at all, they're frozen and left out to thaw. The garden bar is completely fresh, and they have an employee dedicated to just maintaining that. Appetizers are also almost all frozen, and the soup is a waste.

This should be under the "Chain Reviews". When they first started they were nice, but then the chain thing kicked in and they become as crappy as Friday's, Chili's and the rest.

Agreed.

The sports crowd goes to TGIF or Applebee's?

If I were to equate Long Island to something, it would be corporate America. Within a 3 mile radius of this Ruby Tuesday, there's an Olive Garden, California Pizza Kitchen, Shake Shack, Johnny Rocket's, Applebee's, Friday's, Chili's, Cozumel's, Famous Dave's, Houlihan's, Panera, and three shopping malls. That's not to mention attraction places like Dave and Busters, and smaller sports bars and grills.

They try to get people in the restaurant to watch the games. It doesn't work too well. I do know people that go to TGIF and Applebee's for the games, though.

rhino17
10-16-2012, 01:58 AM
We don't have any Ruby Tuesdays, Applebees, or TGIFs that I know of in Houston or Boulder :shrug:

BroadwayJoe
10-16-2012, 08:58 AM
We don't have any Ruby Tuesdays, Applebees, or TGIFs that I know of in Houston or Boulder :shrug:

you're better off for it

rhino17
10-16-2012, 12:00 PM
you're better off for it

Oh, I know it

GGGGG-Men
10-16-2012, 01:12 PM

Ruby Tuesday
9280 Sheridan Boulevard, Westminster, CO

T.G.I. Friday's
125 Ken Pratt Boulevard, Longmont, CO

Applebee's - Boulder
1906 28th Street, Boulder, CO

Ruby Tuesday
16549 Southwest Freeway, Sugar Land, TX

Applebee's
2959 North Loop West, Houston, TX

TGI Friday's
12895 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX

Knowing that......stay away!

The Schmooze
10-17-2012, 10:05 AM
I normally stray away from chain restaurants, but I'll go to Ruby Tues every once in a while b/c it's near my work. I just get the salad bar though. They give you free cheddar biscuits, and the song selection is a step below nails on a chalkboard.

That's about all I have to say about Ruby Tues