PDA

View Full Version : Chain Review #3 - Moe's!

Driven
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Welcome to Moe's!

I went there today... been there a few times. There are a few places like this. Oswego, NY has a place called Fajita Grill that is better than Moe's, but just like it. I've never been to Chipotle.

While Moe's isn't perfect, what else can you ask for? It's not cheap, but not expensive. You get whatever you want, and it's pretty good.

All things considered, I give this an 8/10.

EDIT: Didn't realize we were doing this every week... my B

rhino17
10-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Never seen one before, but I've only heard horrible things from friends

behindmydesk
10-08-2012, 08:33 AM
If i had never had chiptole I would say a 8 or a 9, but since i've had chipotle, i'm going with a 6

BroadwayJoe
10-08-2012, 08:38 AM
i find moe's absolutely disgusting. the meat is one level above dog food. their only redeeming quality is the assortment of toppings and their tomatillo salsa.

Fly
10-08-2012, 08:57 AM
I like Moe's. Pretty cheap and aiiiight food. I Give it a 7.5/10, but I round up :smoking:

.Sean.
10-08-2012, 10:02 AM
I eat at Moe's way more than I should.

Students at my school get a discount on top of their deal on tuesday's which is $5.99 for a burrito chips and a drink.

So I usually walk out of there with 3 burritos all double meat with bacon, 3 bags of chips, 3 drinks, and a side of queso for about $20.

When the tex-mex style food in staten island is so bad to begin with, when the food at my school is so bad to begin with, and when its so relatively cheap I tend to eat there around once a week (tuesday's)

behindmydesk
10-08-2012, 10:38 AM
I eat at Moe's way more than I should.

Students at my school get a discount on top of their deal on tuesday's which is $5.99 for a burrito chips and a drink.

So I usually walk out of there with 3 burritos all double meat with bacon, 3 bags of chips, 3 drinks, and a side of queso for about $20.

When the tex-mex style food in staten island is so bad to begin with, when the food at my school is so bad to begin with, and when its so relatively cheap I tend to eat there around once a week (tuesday's)

wait you eat 3 burritos at a time?

.Sean.
10-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Nah usually 2 and eat the rest the next day. Thats how bad food is at my school.

One time I had the munchies real bad and ate all 3 double meat, with chips and queso in about 30 minutes. My stomach hurt so bad I couldn't breathe and eventually forced myself to throw it up.

fingerbang
10-08-2012, 05:55 PM
It's really salty but I like it. The queso and free chips ain't bad at all.

Mudvayne91
10-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Nah usually 2 and eat the rest the next day. Thats how bad food is at my school.

One time I had the munchies real bad and ate all 3 double meat, with chips and queso in about 30 minutes. My stomach hurt so bad I couldn't breathe and eventually forced myself to throw it up

That sounds intense. I don't think I've ever eaten so much that I throw up. At least not yet.

I've never heard of a Moe's, but seems like a cheaper alternative to Chipotle or Qdoba.

Yankee Clipper
10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Have one on our campus. It ****ing sucks.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Is it weird that I've never heard about this until now? Maybe I have but I've never seen one.

blue bleeder09
10-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Never heard of them on the westcoast ?

Killerjug
10-09-2012, 03:43 PM
never heard of them here either

CityofTreez
10-09-2012, 05:37 PM
This has to be an East Coast Chain.

Any Mexican restaurant named "Moes" on the West Coast would be a joke.

BroadwayJoe
10-09-2012, 07:01 PM

it's like the mcdonalds of tex-mex, whereas chipotle and qdoba are more quality, like in-n-out burger or shake shack

behindmydesk
10-09-2012, 07:19 PM
and actually now that I think about it. My previous post about being an 8 and would be better if I never had chipotle is about qdobe which we don't have around here, but we do have a moes. Yes moes is garbage. Got that confused. I went there once and it was piss. I revise my ratings to a solid 1.75

Driven
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
it's like the mcdonalds of tex-mex, whereas chipotle and qdoba are more quality, like in-n-out burger or shake shack
I think it depends on the area. I've never been to a Chipotle, but most of my friends here would rather go to Moe's.

My friends might just be idiots, though.

There's not really any good mexican food up here.

BroadwayJoe
10-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I think it depends on the area. I've never been to a Chipotle, but most of my friends here would rather go to Moe's.

My friends might just be idiots, though.

There's not really any good mexican food up here.

for me, it has to do with the quality of meat. chipotle uses grass-fed organic beef, chicken and pork. the flavor and quality is noticeably better than the dog food they use at moe's. moe's gives you a much better array of toppings and, obviously, their unlimited salsa bar is money, but chipotle is just leaps and bounds better.

having said that, gimme a local burrito/taco place over chipotle ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! i have a place on the beach 5 mins from my place that has awesome tacos, korean short rib nachos, mexican grilled street corn and local fresh catch burritos and enchiladas. maybe $2 more than your average chain, but 10000000000 times better.

GGGGG-Men
10-10-2012, 07:15 PM
wtf is Moe's? Like Moe's Tavern?

BroadwayJoe
10-10-2012, 07:55 PM
wtf is Moe's? Like Moe's Tavern?

it's a fast-food tex-mex place that specializes in burritos and salsas. they name all their dishes after tv and film off-references. that is all.

fingerbang
10-10-2012, 08:16 PM
I think the cilantro/lime rice or w/e it is makes the meat taste better than it is at qdoba/chipotle. Probably all the same crap. I'd like chipotle a lot more if they had queso. I'll give qdoba credit for having that ancho bbq sauce.

rhino17
10-10-2012, 09:15 PM
I think the cilantro/lime rice or w/e it is makes the meat taste better than it is at qdoba/chipotle. Probably all the same crap. I'd like chipotle a lot more if they had queso. I'll give qdoba credit for having that ancho bbq sauce.

they have queso at the one here, but some of the ones on colorado have a different menu cause they try out new items here, so the menu is a little bigger

Mudvayne91
10-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Interesting, didn't know any Chipotle carried queso. Apparently living in the wrong side of town.

fingerbang
10-10-2012, 09:23 PM
they have queso at the one here, but some of the ones on colorado have a different menu cause they try out new items here, so the menu is a little bigger

You a lucky man.

/ashley schaeffer

rhino17
10-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Interesting, didn't know any Chipotle carried queso. Apparently living in the wrong side of town.
The new items may only be at the DU and CU locations. Not sure if they still have it, but they did the last time I was there. They sometimes have soups too

blue bleeder09
10-10-2012, 11:58 PM

it's like the mcdonalds of tex-mex, whereas chipotle and qdoba are more quality, like in-n-out burger or shake shackchipotle is more quality than moe's place must be **** lol (chipotle is mc donalds )

blue bleeder09
10-11-2012, 12:00 AM

Any Mexican restaurant named "Moes" on the West Coast would be a joke.sounds like an el pollo loco type place

rhino17
10-11-2012, 12:22 AM
(chipotle is mc donalds )

that's not true at all. There are problems with Chipotle but the quality of their food is not bad. You aren't questioning if your food is even healthy for human consumption like at McDonalds.

GGGGG-Men
10-11-2012, 02:28 PM
it's a fast-food tex-mex place that specializes in burritos and salsas. they name all their dishes after tv and film off-references. that is all.

I don't trust Mexican outside of SoCal/AZ/NM/TX and Mexico anymore. I've been spoiled. Every time I go back east someone insists on it and its just never up to par.

BroadwayJoe
10-11-2012, 05:16 PM
I don't trust Mexican outside of SoCal/AZ/NM/TX and Mexico anymore. I've been spoiled. Every time I go back east someone insists on it and its just never up to par.

my friend is the same way, and i can't really blame you guys... once you have the real thing, it's hard to go back to poorly made imitations. for instance, i have only ever found TWO places in america that i will order falafel from, because my dad's homemade falafel is quite literally one million times better than almost everywhere else. i can't taste that **** knowing how falafel is supposed to taste.

GGGGG-Men
10-11-2012, 06:50 PM
my friend is the same way, and i can't really blame you guys... once you have the real thing, it's hard to go back to poorly made imitations. for instance, i have only ever found TWO places in america that i will order falafel from, because my dad's homemade falafel is quite literally one million times better than almost everywhere else. i can't taste that **** knowing how falafel is supposed to taste.

Yeah I bet. I made my own a few times and it kills me to eat it anywhere else and I'm not even that good at making it. If you have a recipe please share it! Mine are good, but....missing something.

BroadwayJoe
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah I bet. I made my own a few times and it kills me to eat it anywhere else and I'm not even that good at making it. If you have a recipe please share it! Mine are good, but....missing something.

he says he doesn't have a recipe... he just makes it from memory every time. i've been begging him to teach me forever, but he always finds a way to keep me in the dark about something in the process. i think he's waiting until his deathbed to tell me how to make it.

GGGGG-Men
10-12-2012, 02:48 PM
he says he doesn't have a recipe... he just makes it from memory every time. i've been begging him to teach me forever, but he always finds a way to keep me in the dark about something in the process. i think he's waiting until his deathbed to tell me how to make it.

so not fair. He use a deep fryer, pan fry, bake, etc?

BroadwayJoe
10-12-2012, 06:29 PM
so not fair. He use a deep fryer, pan fry, bake, etc?

pan fry with a little spatula to flip and take out the falafel balls. he keeps it old school.

CityofTreez
10-12-2012, 08:10 PM
sounds like an el pollo loco type place

Yeah, but this place names their meals after movies/music references. As bad as El Pollo Poco is at least they don't name the 3 Taco platter the "Three Amigos"

10-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Never heard of Moe's. These "chains" should be something everyone has and not be a localized chain.

jrm2054
10-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Never heard of Moe's. These "chains" should be something everyone has and not be a localized chain.

This

HoodedSB
11-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Is this an east coast "mexican" chain? :laugh2:

I would steer clear lol

BDawk4Prez
11-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Never had it.

Driven
11-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Whatever, **** you guys, i like moes every once in a while and the place is always PACKED

flea
11-17-2012, 11:38 PM
I gave this a 6 but I was thinking of another mediocre Tex Mex place (Tijuana Flats). I want to change my vote to 4.

Driven
11-18-2012, 03:53 AM
I gave this a 6 but I was thinking of another mediocre Tex Mex place (Tijuana Flats). I want to change my vote to 4.
You can't. 6 is your vote

flea
11-18-2012, 12:01 PM
I will have to live with it somehow, then.