PDA

View Full Version : What foods will help me gain weight?

Zmaster52
08-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Okay not sure if this belongs here or the health forum but, what foods should I eat to gain weight? Preferably that taste good. I'm trying to put on good weight and I want some suggestions as what I should eat.

Ezekial
08-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Carb overload.

H-MYK
08-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Anything high in protein?

GGGGG-Men
08-16-2012, 08:25 PM
definitely want to hit up the fitness forum for this one. Stick to nutritious foods, but eat more of them and more often (6 meals/day, lots of healthy snacking).

toovey107
08-16-2012, 08:26 PM
peanut butter, lots of meat.

Driven
08-16-2012, 08:58 PM
May I ask why you want to gain weight? Are you working out? What is your overall plan?

PocketKings
08-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Tuna.

Cottage cheese.

mikekhelxD
08-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Tuna.

Cottage cheese.

Not necessarily, but they are high on protein.

Whomewhome
08-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Wrong forum. I am overweight I love food too much.

If you want some fat...I would gladly ship some to you

Raidaz4Life
08-17-2012, 08:55 AM
You should start by staying away from the cocaine.;)

This isn't going to be your most popular answer, but you're going to want to eat lots of natural foods. Drop everything you've ever learned about good and bad food and instead think natural foods are good while processed foods are bad. When you are looking at nutritional labels... your two baddies are going to be sodium and sugar which occur primarily in heavily processed foods. Also eat nothing with any trans fat from partially hydrogenated oils. Some Trans fat occurs naturally in animal products and are not necessarily bad for you.

Focus on Whole Milk (grass fed a bonus), All types of good quality red meats (grass fed a bonus), Unsweetened Greek Yogurt (made with whole milk a bonus), eggs (cage free or free range a bonus), poultry (without antibiotics a bonus), fish (wild caught if possible), a wide assortment of vegetables focusing on starchy vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, plantains, squash and your green leaf vegetables like Kale and Spinach, cook with butter (grass fed a bonus) and extra virgin coconut or olive oil. Nuts and peanut butter (all natural a bonus), whole grain bread, rice, pasta and cereal, use a wide variety of spices and herbs in your cooking and most importantly eat ALOT. Don't stop if you think you are full. Always max out until you can't eat another bite. Always be snacking.

Either way, that would be the most healthy way to do it. But eating a ton of McDonalds will put on weight as well.

The Schmooze
08-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Definitely go heavy on the protein if you want to gain "good weight"

meat, egg whites, chocolate milk, beef jerky etc. are all good foods for this. I'd recommend bangin out a protein shake a day as well. You should lift weights too to get some muscle in the process.

Driven
08-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Definitely go heavy on the protein if you want to gain "good weight"

meat, egg whites, chocolate milk, beef jerky etc. are all good foods for this. I'd recommend bangin out a protein shake a day as well. You should lift weights too to get some muscle in the process.
If he's not working out, I would say no to the protein shake. He needs to get foods in him that he can legit eat.

If he is working out, then yeah, gets those carbs and healthy protein in. If he's not working out, and wants to gain healthy weight, then he should man up and start working out.

Corey
08-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Your weight is entirely dependent on how many calories you consume.

Everyone has maintenance calories. This is the amount of calories that someone can consume without gaining or losing weight.

If you've been the same weight for a prolonged period of time, you're probably eating at maintenance.

Increase your calories by 300-500 per day to see a steady increase in weight (Likely about 1lb per week).

Zmaster52
08-18-2012, 02:43 AM
I'm not working out, yet. It's been Ramadan over the past month so it's been difficult to get myself on a schedule. This is more towards when school begins because, then I'd actually fit it in with a routine. Since it's summer break, I don't really have one.

Raidaz4Life
08-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Your weight is entirely dependent on how many calories you consume.

Everyone has maintenance calories. This is the amount of calories that someone can consume without gaining or losing weight.

If you've been the same weight for a prolonged period of time, you're probably eating at maintenance.

Increase your calories by 300-500 per day to see a steady increase in weight (Likely about 1lb per week).

Probably the best post of the thread, calorie counting can be annoying and discouraging though. :(

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-19-2012, 08:19 PM
I thought you were the fat kid in that fight video, why would you need to gain weight?

All kidding aside, just add a few hundred more calories to what you eat each day.