PDA

View Full Version : Wings

americaspasttim
07-07-2012, 01:35 PM
What is your favorite Wing sauce? I usually start with Franks Red Hot, and add some butter and cayenne to it. Does anyone make their own wing sauce from scratch?

nicegoing
07-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Don't make my own, but I like buffalo bbq.

koldjerky
07-07-2012, 01:49 PM
My favorite is garlic parmesan. :drool:

packfan1
07-07-2012, 03:20 PM
What is your favorite Wing sauce? I usually start with Franks Red Hot, and add some butter and cayenne to it. Does anyone make their own wing sauce from scratch?

I usually do the same exact thing.

Driven
07-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Ill usually make my own, since its so easy and you likely already have the ingredients. Franks and butter is generally the norm. Add some parm to it for garlic parm. Add some chili peppers for heat. Or crushed red pepper.

The restaurant i used to cook at made something they called guiness gold. I cant remember how it was made. I know they boiled down some guiness. I think they added it to a honey mustard. Could be wrong.

B-Ray
07-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Ranch dressing and hot sauce

H-MYK
07-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't know the exact kind, but when I get wings from my usual pizza place, they have this amazing sauce. It's like BBQ, but I'm not sure.

CityofTreez
07-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Ranch dressing and hot sauce

This, but I also add some butter.

Fly
07-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Parmesian Garlic or Spicy Garlic. Garlic = :drool:

jrm2054
07-07-2012, 11:31 PM
ranch and hot or garlic

NBA_Starter
07-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Honey BBQ or Teriyaki

07-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Cup of Red Hot, stick of butter melted, and a bunch of garlic

Then dip in ranch after cooking

BroadwayJoe
07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
aside from hot wing sauce, i actually prefer fire-grilled wings with just a really good dry rub (oh, i dunno, perhaps the dust...) and some EVOO.

other than that, i really like garlic-parmesan, cajun, mango-habanero, ginger-soy-garlic and chimichurri. my best friend makes a really tasty blackberry-bbq wing sauce (substitutes blueberries from time to time). he also grilled wings one time and basted them with basil pesto... AAAAAAAMAZING!!! he grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano over them after they had been lathered with the pesto. one of the best wings i've ever tasted in my life. juicy, meaty, saucy and had that nice char-grilled flavor to the meat. :drool:

popo85
07-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Ranch, bbq sauce, hot sauce from Hooters

More-Than-Most
07-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Honey BBQ but with a kick... I have my mothers recipe and my very own...Either is gold...My mothers has won awards and she was asked to give the recipe to a famous cook book a few years back but declined...I do not know the entire story but its my 2 favorite sauces

CUBDOM4life
07-11-2012, 07:59 AM
I like lots of garlic

MooseWithFleas
07-11-2012, 08:53 AM
My fiance makes her own wing sauce that she drizzles on my wings (chicken wings). They are ridiculously good.

TheRuckus
07-12-2012, 04:46 PM
William Penn Tavern (http://williampenntavern.net/) in Pittsburgh makes something called Kitchen Sink sauce. I've mentioned it before.

It's hard to describe and changes slightly every time you're there - pretty sure they just mix a couple of their regular sauces together, so it varies depending on whichever cook is working/the ratios they use. It's like a buffalo garlic parm sauce, with hints of BBQ and honey.

I recreated it from taste alone when I was in college (at least one version of it...I like it best when it's parm-heavy). Probably my proudest moment in cooking. I've since made a few modifications that I won't say improved it, but made it different and equally enjoyable.

Haven't made the sauce in long time, though. Should remedy that.

roshan3ai
07-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Does anyone else make wings at home?

What I do is clean, cut and then refrigerate the chicken while marinating the chicken in Frank's RedHot and Garlic Powder overnight. Then I bake them at 425 for about an hour, flipping them halfway through. Then I drench them in my favorite sauce. I've used Ken's Steakhouse Buffalo Sauce, Frank's Buffalo, and a couple others but my favorites are the Medium and Spicy Garlic from Buffalo Wild Wings. I've also grilled them in the outdoors during the Giants-Jets game last year. Those turned out more tasty and crispy.

The main reasons that I choose to bake them is because I don't have a deep frier and it is much healthier to bake them. However, when I bake them they don't get the same crispiness which is a downside. Same taste however.

Killerjug
07-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Parmasean Garlic :drool:

Driven
07-16-2012, 07:54 PM
That bottled franks buffalo/wing sauce blows

Diehdcubsfan2
07-17-2012, 06:23 AM
I usually buy my favorite BBQ sauce then blend that together with fresh garlic, jalapeno, lemon. Good ****.

roshan3ai
07-17-2012, 12:24 PM
That bottled franks buffalo/wing sauce blows

Yeah that was really bad. I marinated mine in the original Frank's.

northsider
07-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Spicy Garlic from B-dubs or just some franks red hot.

Diehdcubsfan2
07-17-2012, 10:14 PM
I know a lot of you post in the Chi-land area. What's your favorite wing joint? Mine is Gators in Palatine.

northsider
07-19-2012, 07:18 PM
I know a lot of you post in the Chi-land area. What's your favorite wing joint? Mine is Gators in Palatine.

Man I have a few and neither are wing stop or bdubds.

Celtic Crown on Montrose and Western has amazing wings and they do like a 10 cent monday night football thing (also try their fireman chili AMMAZZZING).

Shanahans on Madison and Harlem has real good wings as well.

Ray_R
07-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Mango Habanero

Atomic+ hawiian.

cubsbears1225
07-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Kyle Korver.... Gimme some of the HOT SAUCE

cubsbears1225
07-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Does anyone else make wings at home?

What I do is clean, cut and then refrigerate the chicken while marinating the chicken in Frank's RedHot and Garlic Powder overnight. Then I bake them at 425 for about an hour, flipping them halfway through. Then I drench them in my favorite sauce. I've used Ken's Steakhouse Buffalo Sauce, Frank's Buffalo, and a couple others but my favorites are the Medium and Spicy Garlic from Buffalo Wild Wings. I've also grilled them in the outdoors during the Giants-Jets game last year. Those turned out more tasty and crispy.

The main reasons that I choose to bake them is because I don't have a deep frier and it is much healthier to bake them. However, when I bake them they don't get the same crispiness which is a downside. Same taste however.

try grilling them

The Schmooze
07-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Not sure what it's entirely made out of, but this wing place near me has "Honey Hot" wing sauce which is amazing