PDA

View Full Version : I have a question...

Driven
07-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Has anyone actually ever had DiGiorno, and is it good????

I think it's like 7 bucks, so I don't even bother. Wegmans sells good frozen za for four bucks.

americaspasttim
07-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Yes and no. It sucks, much like any frozen pizza...

GGGGG-Men
07-07-2012, 03:30 PM
There's only 1 frozen pizza I've found that is worth eating. Trader Joe's Margarita pizza. All others are crap and you're better off buying some pizza dough and making it.

CityofTreez
07-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Not a fan of frozen pizzas.

The only ones I can enjoy are some of the California Pizza Kitchen box pizzas.

Making your own pizza dough is cheap, and fun.

Fly
07-07-2012, 06:24 PM
All frozen pizzas are solid ***

Driven
07-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah, i know theyre ****, but some times you need one on hand. And i actually like wegmans bake and rise.

blujaysrock
07-07-2012, 06:42 PM
You can always make your own dough and freeze it. I tend to do that often, especially if some of the ingredients are on sale (cheese, meat, veggies).

They taste just way better than store bought pizza and probably cheaper (Than $7) if you get the cheese and veggies cheap. When ever you notice them on sale just make your pizza(s) then.

If you want, here's my pizza dough recipe, very simple to make.

3 1/4 cups flour
1 cup warm water with 1 teaspoon dry active yeast dissolved in it (may need to add some more water to the mix if it's still not looking like dough. Usually no more than 1/2 cup, add it slowly, though.
2 table spoons oil (I usually use olive, but if not vegetable works the same)
1 teaspoon salt

Let rise for at least 20 minutes in a bowl with a towel over it.

Taste pretty ****ing good and taste just as good even if it's frozen. This makes quite a bit, probably makes a 15 inch pizza with relatively thick crust. Don't know the exact size of my pan, but it's probably 15 inch. Can always make two smaller pizzas if your don't have a large freezer/deep freeze.

Driven
07-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Ive never made dough... once in a while ill buy wegmans fresh dough for a couple bucks... what type of flour do you use? All purpose?

blujaysrock
07-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Ive never made dough... once in a while ill buy wegmans fresh dough for a couple bucks... what type of flour do you use? All purpose?

That's what I use. Robin Hood all purpose whole wheat, I think it is. Works the same with white. Super easy to make. Just combine all those and mix/knead with your hands until it looks like dough. Probably takes 7-10 minutes to make it.

Dmac
07-07-2012, 07:05 PM
I think they are pretty good for being a frozen pizza. The only thing I don't like about it is the dough is a little too doughy. I like thin crust pizza better though. I think Jacks is my favorite frozen pizza. you get what you pay for, but I can get Jacks on sale for $3, and it's not bad. Digornios is usually double that.

CUBDOM4life
07-07-2012, 07:20 PM
I love DiGiorno. I buy the pepperoni, garlic bread pizza every time I go grocery shopping. I really think they're great. I'm surprised by the hate from you guys on frozen pizza. Yes, some of it sucks, but there are some really really good ones out there.

My personal favorite is Home Run Inn frozen pizza. I highly suggest it to you guys, but I'm not sure if that's just a local brand or not.

Dmac
07-07-2012, 07:27 PM
I love DiGiorno. I buy the pepperoni, garlic bread pizza every time I go grocery shopping. I really think they're great. I'm surprised by the hate from you guys on frozen pizza. Yes, some of it sucks, but there are some really really good ones out there.

My personal favorite is Home Run Inn frozen pizza. I highly suggest it to you guys, but I'm not sure if that's just a local brand or not.

I thought Home Run was just local here in the Chicago area, but I could be wrong on that. I like the garlic bread pizza as well. Whenever I get a Digirornos I usually spend the couple of extra bucks and get the ones that come with the chocolate chip cookies. They are actually really good, although I guess it's hard to screw up frozen cookie dough.

I haven't tried the ones that come with wings, but I have been relucant to. I'm pretty picky on my wings and I have a feeling those aren't very good.

CUBDOM4life
07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
I thought Home Run was just local here in the Chicago area, but I could be wrong on that. I like the garlic bread pizza as well. Whenever I get a Digirornos I usually spend the couple of extra bucks and get the ones that come with the chocolate chip cookies. They are actually really good, although I guess it's hard to screw up frozen cookie dough.

I haven't tried the ones that come with wings, but I have been relucant to. I'm pretty picky on my wings and I have a feeling those aren't very good.

I'm thinking the Home Run Inn's ARE localized to around Chicago, but I also am not positive.

I live at least 3 hours away in Peoria now, and the grocery stores do indeed have them here.

I've never bought the DiGiornos that come with the cookies, but I eventually want to try this (http://imgur.com/gallery/lg2xV) lol

Dmac
07-07-2012, 07:34 PM
I have never actually had one of their frozen pizzas. I have went to their resteraunts a few times though. The lunch buffets they have during the week are pretty good.

Pittz
07-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Wegmans :worthy:

Super.
07-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Eh, it's fine when your drunk

dbroncos78087
07-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Stouffer's French Bread Pizza is really the only frozen pizza that I like.

07-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I don't care for thick crust frozen pizzas. I stick to Jacks, Orvs or Roma. They taste good enough for me for a quick, cheap meal.