PDA

View Full Version : Something you eat that other people think is gross.

More-Than-Most
06-29-2012, 04:06 AM
Name something you eat or how you eat something that other people consider weird or gross.

Example-My GF eats Toast with ketchup...Sister as well...I find is disgusting.

I eat Uncooked Oatmeal...I add cold milk 2-1 ratio and let it sit in the fridge for an hour...It becomes a wet paste.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 04:18 AM
raw eggs

DerekRE_3
06-29-2012, 05:01 AM
I put peanut butter and jelly on garlic bread. So nice.

metsbulls1025
06-29-2012, 05:08 AM
Pig testicles.....Raw

rhino17
06-29-2012, 05:14 AM
Gator and turtle

Six-8-TheWizard
06-29-2012, 05:53 AM
I eat all types of pasta with melted cream cheese instead of sauce. I'm not sure how gross people would find it but I think its somewhat unusual. :shrug:

Six-8-TheWizard
06-29-2012, 05:55 AM
I also like the taste of plain pasta without anything on it

Halladay
06-29-2012, 05:57 AM
Glass and ATM

DerekRE_3
06-29-2012, 06:06 AM
I eat all types of pasta with melted cream cheese instead of sauce. I'm not sure how gross people would find it but I think its somewhat unusual. :shrug:

That is ****ed.

mikekhelxD
06-29-2012, 06:13 AM
Offal foods from Asian cultures. So yummy yum yum, but people who hasn't tried it are always disgusted by it... until they try it.

ESaady
06-29-2012, 06:44 AM
hummus. i cant eat that **** errrryday!

jacquewho?
06-29-2012, 07:37 AM
I like to eat bologna sandwiches and throw some ketchup on it too

blueman2424
06-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Once I put grated parmesan cheese on pistachio ice cream. Sounds bad? Yes. Is bad? No, actually. Try it.

FlakeyFool
06-29-2012, 08:34 AM
glue

HaruSoul
06-29-2012, 11:27 AM
First off let me say I'm from Jersey, and we have the best bagels in the country in this area. We have like 5+ bagel stores in every town, even small towns of like 10,000 citizens. But yea, I get a french toast bagel, with taylor ham egg and cheese. I think it is easily the best thing at any of these bagel places, but all of my friends think it is disgusting and refuse to try it. I simply don't understand how you would not want to try such an amazing thing. I don't think it is disgusting at all, but I don't even so how you can think it is. I'm not even sure how the bagel is made, I guess they just soak the bagel in french toast batter for like 10 minutes then cook it, then the sprinkle the outside with cinnamon and some sugar.

Phillysports101
06-29-2012, 11:29 AM
First off let me say I'm from Jersey, and we have the best bagels in the country in this area. We have like 5+ bagel stores in every town, even small towns of like 10,000 citizens. But yea, I get a french toast bagel, with taylor ham egg and cheese. I think it is easily the best thing at any of these bagel places, but all of my friends think it is disgusting and refuse to try it. I simply don't understand how you would not want to try such an amazing thing. I don't think it is disgusting at all, but I don't even so how you can think it is. I'm not even sure how the bagel is made, I guess they just soak the bagel in french toast batter for like 10 minutes then cook it, then the sprinkle the outside with cinnamon and some sugar.

You need some new friends b/c that sounds awesome

Trace
06-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Blue Cheese

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 11:31 AM
a ton of people find peas and sauerkraut gross that I know. I absolutely love both.

I also like cheek meat from the cow. So delicious.

behindmydesk
06-29-2012, 11:31 AM
I also like the taste of plain pasta without anything on it
I love pasta with nothing on it

Blue Cheese

Oh yea big fan of blue cheese.

Have you ever had maytag blue cheese?

BroadwayJoe
06-29-2012, 11:35 AM
-head cheese (the bits and pieces of meat from the pig's face, rolled into a terrine then jellified)
-blood sausage
-bone marrow
-foie gras
-eel
-pig ear

i'm a pretty adventurous eater, so there are probably 40-50 other "weird" things i love to eat.

WorldChamps1908
06-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Plain potato chips and A-1 sauce...amazing.

BroadwayJoe
06-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Plain potato chips and A-1 sauce...amazing.

A-1 and/or sirracha on just about anything is always amazing... i started marinating meats in an A-1/magic dust mix and the tang is off the charts!

koldjerky
06-29-2012, 12:12 PM
-head cheese (the bits and pieces of meat from the pig's face, rolled into a terrine then jellified)
-blood sausage
-bone marrow
-foie gras
-eel
-pig ear

i'm a pretty adventurous eater, so there are probably 40-50 other "weird" things i love to eat.

Love this. Had eel before but as sushi, never just eel. Wasn't bad.

Ray_R
06-29-2012, 12:14 PM
I've been pretty disappointed with some of the anwsers. Broadwayjoe had some pretty wierd stuff but I think Tongue Is probaly the weirdest thing Ieaten. Also Beef stomach=menudo.

yaswaggin
06-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Nutella sandwich

Grape leaves

Cream Cheese and jelly sandwich

Potato chips with ketchup

Just a couple

BroadwayJoe
06-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Love this. Had eel before but as sushi, never just eel. Wasn't bad.

bbq glazed eel and seared foie gras together are AMAZING... better than any sushi/sashimi eel you'll ever have

Netslunatic76
06-29-2012, 12:25 PM
You need some new friends b/c that sounds awesome

Exactly. That **** sounds amazing.

northsider
06-29-2012, 12:36 PM
-blood sausage
-bone marrow
-foie gras
-eel
-pig ear

Holy Christ man that's ****ing sick.

For me the only thing I eat that most don't like is...

Anchovy Pizza.

I've tried a ton of things but, most of it I don't like.

Trace
06-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Oh yea big fan of blue cheese.

Have you ever had maytag blue cheese?

Yeah, it's pretty much maytag or roquefort nowadays. I prefer la peral and stilton whenever I can get my hands on them.

Bacon and Blue cheese:drool:

the_jon
06-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Probably nothing. I'm kind of a ***** when it comes to food lately, I didn't used to be but lately there's some stuff I just can't eat. Like baked chicken, that **** makes me want to vomit now for some reason.

VCaintdead17
06-29-2012, 01:19 PM
BroadwayJoe the cannibal

CityofTreez
06-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Canned Corned beef & hash
-looks like dog food, but I love it

Greek yogurt with basil

Fish heads, but ill eat anything from an animals cranium. Went to Hawaii summers ago and had pigs brain. I liked it. Bone marrow is a delicacy as well, but a lot of people get grossed out by it. I love that stuff.

Weird, but I can drink flat soda too.

behindmydesk
06-29-2012, 01:44 PM
-blood sausage
-bone marrow
-foie gras
-eel
-pig ear

Head cheese isn't that great to me

Blood sausage is awesome

Bone marrow take it or leave it

Foie gras I probably eat 8-12 times a year. It's so freaking tasty
Eel was ok
Pig ear i'm not sure i've had that I can't remember

Yeah, it's pretty much maytag or roquefort nowadays. I prefer la peral and stilton whenever I can get my hands on them.

Bacon and Blue cheese:drool:

I've only had la peral once it was dynomite

Canned Corned beef & hash
-looks like dog food, but I love it

Greek yogurt with basil

Fish heads, but ill eat anything from an animals cranium. Went to Hawaii summers ago and had pigs brain. I liked it. Bone marrow is a delicacy as well, but a lot of people get grossed out by it. I love that stuff.

Weird, but I can drink flat soda too.
Corned beef is weird? I eat that almost every sunday for breakfast when I go to this one restaurant.

Fly
06-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Grilled cheese with bacon and ranch. IDK why but some people are grossed out by that

iHAVEtheBLUES
06-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Grilled cheese with bacon and ranch. IDK why but some people are grossed out by that

Sounds Amazing!

- Plain potato chips and Cinnamon applesauce.
- Sausage egg & cheese Mcmuffin w/ grape jelly.
- Mac n' cheese w/ ketchup.

northsider
06-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Milk with everything.

Tacos, Pizza, Pasta etc... It doesn't matter I drink milk with everything and I have found that allot of people think it's gross.

KingerSox
06-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Fried cod tongues. Sounds gross but oh so good.

BroadwayJoe
06-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Holy Christ man that's ****ing sick.

For me the only thing I eat that most don't like is...

Anchovy Pizza.

I've tried a ton of things but, most of it I don't like.

trust me, once you try some of those things, you'll be pining for them every day. a lot of the "weird" foods that have recently become en vogue (via celebrity chefs, food network, tony bourdain, et-al) were all peasant foods that lower class/impoverished folk across the globe had to take and make edible. they were the guts and undesirable cuts of the animal, so they had to make do with the cheapest parts and somehow find a way to make 'em delicious. for instance, crispy fried pig ear strips are almost as good as super-thick-cut strips of bacon, only chewier.

BroadwayJoe the cannibal

well, i AM in miami... zombie apocalypse has got the best of me

Head cheese isn't that great to me

Blood sausage is awesome

Bone marrow take it or leave it

Foie gras I probably eat 8-12 times a year. It's so freaking tasty
Eel was ok
Pig ear i'm not sure i've had that I can't remember

blood sausage is SOOOOO ****ing good, but it's so hard to find and if it's not fresh (like THAT DAY fresh) the blood congeals and the taste and texture go to crap. bone marrow is one of my favorite things on the planet. i like it roasted, i like it deep fried, i like it stewed. i ****ing LOVE bone marrow. same goes for foie and head cheese. the head cheese i told you guys about from that dinner i had a few weeks ago was probably the single greatest thing i've ever eaten in my entire life.

CityofTreez
06-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Corned beef is weird? I eat that almost every sunday for breakfast when I go to this one restaurant.

Canned Corned beef & hash is suspect to a lot of people. You mentioned you go to a restaurant and order Corned beef. I can take it out the can and demolish it. Liking canned food is weird in its own right.

Also forgot to mention, but I like caviar. Salmon eggs are bomb on eggs in the morning.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 02:41 PM
blood sausage is amazing

its a traditional christmas food here

BroadwayJoe
06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
i will destroy corned beef, be it sliced on a sandwich or made into hash with potatoes, onions and eggs (and TONS of hot sauce)

OneTuzSea
06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Frog Legs, Sushi, Oysters/Clams.

todu82
06-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Fish. Living in an area where fishing more or less controls the economy you get used to eating it. Not bad really.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-29-2012, 03:12 PM
I don't like blood pudding. That might be an easy one though.

FWBrodie
06-29-2012, 03:18 PM

I make a rosa sauce for pasta (usually long macaroni) that is basically just tomato paste and cream cheese. I try to use light cream cheese or sometimes neufchatel cheese to keep it a little healthier, but yeah it melts down and makes a great base for a sauce.

UofA
06-29-2012, 03:24 PM
peanut butter on hamburgers

I never sit down and really eat it but pancake and waffle batter taste amazing

MetroMan
06-29-2012, 03:25 PM

FWBrodie
06-29-2012, 03:28 PM
My "ghetto food" that I eat every once in a while is tomatoes dipped in mayonnaise. Not really that weird, but anyone who's ever seen me eat it is like WTF are you doing? I think my mom or dad must have given it to me when I was little once and I fell in love with it.

NYGTom
06-29-2012, 03:30 PM

Dude I don't know a single person who finds the french toast bagel combo disgusting haha

MetroMan
06-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Dude I don't know a single person who finds the french toast bagel combo disgusting haha

Jersey has the best bagels? haha Brooklyn has the best Bagels and Pizza.

HaruSoul
06-29-2012, 03:40 PM

Literally all of the kids in the grade under us and like Kaminsky Frank Hamilton CF Alex atleast 15 of them.

.Sean.
06-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Jersey has the best bagels? haha Brooklyn has the best Bagels and Pizza.

Density wise you may be right, but you can find quality bagels and pizza in all boroughs and throughout New Jersey

.Sean.
06-29-2012, 03:43 PM
peanut butter on hamburgers

I never sit down and really eat it but pancake and waffle batter taste amazing

PB and Bacon Burger is the ****

ugottabjoshinme
06-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Grilled cheese with grape jelly on top is AMAZING.

I also love plain cottage cheese. A lot of people can't stand cottage cheese, but I go through 3-4 lbs per week.

behindmydesk
06-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Yea i'm def in the camp of I hate cottage cheese

FWBrodie
06-29-2012, 04:24 PM

Me also, it's one of the few foods I cannot stand.

BrianWestKins
06-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Does anyone like beets? I eat and enjoy just about anything I try except beets. Tastes like ****in dirt.

BroadwayJoe
06-29-2012, 05:03 PM

i will eat almost anything... anything, except cottage cheese and mayo.

northsider
06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
trust me, once you try some of those things, you'll be pining for them every day. a lot of the "weird" foods that have recently become en vogue (via celebrity chefs, food network, tony bourdain, et-al) were all peasant foods that lower class/impoverished folk across the globe had to take and make edible. they were the guts and undesirable cuts of the animal, so they had to make do with the cheapest parts and somehow find a way to make 'em delicious. for instance, crispy fried pig ear strips are almost as good as super-thick-cut strips of bacon, only chewier.

well, i AM in miami... zombie apocalypse has got the best of me

blood sausage is SOOOOO ****ing good, but it's so hard to find and if it's not fresh (like THAT DAY fresh) the blood congeals and the taste and texture go to crap. bone marrow is one of my favorite things on the planet. i like it roasted, i like it deep fried, i like it stewed. i ****ing LOVE bone marrow. same goes for foie and head cheese. the head cheese i told you guys about from that dinner i had a few weeks ago was probably the single greatest thing i've ever eaten in my entire life.

I'd be willing to try anything however the thought of eating coagulated blood makes me sick thinking about it and I am the type of person who gets sick eating eggs at the though of a scrambled egg being a fluffed up dead chick.

That just sounds so terribly nasty I would prob. pass on trying it.

carter80
06-29-2012, 05:54 PM
I've been pretty disappointed with some of the anwsers. Broadwayjoe had some pretty wierd stuff but I think Tongue Is probaly the weirdest thing Ieaten. Also Beef stomach=menudo.

That **** is not wierd, best cut of meat there is. I eat tongue taco's all the time. Lingue i thinks its called

BroadwayJoe
06-29-2012, 06:00 PM
That **** is not wierd, best cut of meat there is. I eat tongue taco's all the time. Lingue i thinks its called

yes!!! with a fresh-made tortilla, some fresh pico, some chopped cilantro and a squirt of fresh lime juice... :drool:

there's this little hole-in-the-wall by my house that serves authentic street tacos, instead of the BS tacos everyone in america eats. i get 2 tongue tacos, 2 chorizo tacos and 2 lechon (pork) tacos for about $4 total. can't be beat.

Lenny
06-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I eat tomatoes like an apple with salt.

FWBrodie
06-29-2012, 06:35 PM

Tongue in spanish = lengua.

Pedroia
06-29-2012, 07:20 PM
PB and Bacon Burger is the ****

PB on a burger is effin' money!

northsider
06-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Lengua taco's aren't a big deal but, my buddy eats calf brain tacos which is just nasty as well but, he loves them.

ThisIsTheYear
06-29-2012, 07:29 PM

I normally wouldnt think of putting pork roll and egg on a french toast bagel.

But I love french toast bagels and I love pork roll and egg (already had one today) so im giving this a shot tomorrow.

And you are from NJ, dont ever call it taylor ham again. Thats a sin.

Ray_R
06-29-2012, 07:46 PM

yes!!! with a fresh-made tortilla, some fresh pico, some chopped cilantro and a squirt of fresh lime juice... :drool:

there's this little hole-in-the-wall by my house that serves authentic street tacos, instead of the BS tacos everyone in america eats. i get 2 tongue tacos, 2 chorizo tacos and 2 lechon (pork) tacos for about $4 total. can't be beat.yea lengua and asada for me

4 POINT PLAY LJ
06-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Prune juice on boring rainy days. I need something to do lol

.Sean.
06-29-2012, 08:14 PM
And you are from NJ, dont ever call it taylor ham again. Thats a sin.

Taylor Ham

Its like band-aid

Ray_R
06-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Lengua taco's aren't a big deal but, my buddy eats calf brain tacos which is just nasty as well but, he loves them.

Brain Tacos is a little to much for me. My brother eats some deep fried Brain Tacos.

northsider
06-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Brain Tacos is a little to much for me. My brother eats some deep fried Brain Tacos.

I am fine with some Al Pastor lol.

Driven
06-29-2012, 09:04 PM
I like to eat bologna sandwiches and throw some ketchup on it too
My God that is disgusting

Ray_R
06-29-2012, 09:11 PM
I am fine with some Al Pastor lol.

Is that your new BF. :cheer:

NBA_Starter
06-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Bell peppers

Driven
06-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Bell peppers
Lol, what? You find a vegetable disgusting?

Akagaminosteven
06-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Horse sashimi.

clutchski
06-29-2012, 10:30 PM
cottage cheese by the bowlfull

.Sean.
06-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Theres nothing I really eat thats all that gross to other people

That said people think its weird that my current favorite breakfast is rigatoni carbonara with extra pancetta

TylerSL
06-30-2012, 12:05 AM
I like to eat my oranges with the peel still on.

I dunk my chocolate chip cookies in grape juice.

I like to take summer sausage and put it between two crackers with honey on the inside of both crackers.

Six-8-TheWizard
06-30-2012, 01:25 AM
-blood sausage
-bone marrow
-foie gras
-eel
-pig ear

Head cheese is awesome. Blood tongue as well

Six-8-TheWizard
06-30-2012, 01:29 AM

I like to take summer sausage and put it between two crackers with honey on the inside of both crackers.

:drool:

Six-8-TheWizard
06-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Milk with everything.

Tacos, Pizza, Pasta etc... It doesn't matter I drink milk with everything and I have found that allot of people think it's gross.

I'm the exact same way. I drink an insane amount of milk

Six-8-TheWizard
06-30-2012, 01:42 AM
Milk with everything.

I'm the exact same way. I drink an insane amount of milk

Twinke Masta
06-30-2012, 01:50 AM
non-flavored Greek yogurt

Showtime Steve
06-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Mickey D's hash browns with their jelly. French fries and dip em in a chocolate shake. Breakfast sandwich with the runny yoke.

Showtime Steve
06-30-2012, 02:01 AM
-blood sausage
-bone marrow
-foie gras
-eel
-pig ear

Head cheese is awesome. Blood tongue as well

Love that too. My folks in alabama call it sous meat. I like the spicy kind and eat it with saltines.

BroadwayJoe
06-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Love that too. My folks in alabama call it sous meat. I like the spicy kind and eat it with saltines.

yeah, down here in FL i hear "pork sous" almost as much as i hear it called "head cheese"

Twinke Masta
06-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Oh did I mention fried gator? It tasted like chewy fried chicken, I **** you not!

ichitownclowni
06-30-2012, 09:36 AM
I eat Chicken Nuggets dipped in a milk shake.

BALLER71
06-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Chicken heart. So damn good.

BroadwayJoe
06-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Oh did I mention fried gator? It tasted like chewy fried chicken, I **** you not!

all the ****ing time!

i get really awesome, super-fresh gator tacos around the corner from my place

BALLER71
06-30-2012, 11:14 AM
French fries and Ice cream, too.

keymax
06-30-2012, 11:29 AM
hummus. i cant eat that **** errrryday!

Well, because it's delicious.

There was a girl I dated years ago that ate scrambled eggs with ketchup for breakfast. I don't know how you can eat that.

behindmydesk
06-30-2012, 12:24 PM
i will eat almost anything... anything, except cottage cheese and mayo.well i'm pretty sure mayo causes cancer

Gator is ok, I just find it greasy

Does anyone put Malt Vinegar on their fries? That's why I love five guys so much they have malt vinegar on the counter. A lot of places it takes an act of congress to get it.

BroadwayJoe
06-30-2012, 12:37 PM
well i'm pretty sure mayo causes cancer

Gator is ok, I just find it greasy

Does anyone put Malt Vinegar on their fries? That's why I love five guys so much they have malt vinegar on the counter. A lot of places it takes an act of congress to get it.

Mayo is the devil.

I go to my grandparents' cottage in ontario every summer, and as long as i can remember, we've gone to this fish n chips shack with the best vinegar fries ever. You're right... five guys is one of the only other places i've found it.

Showtime Steve
06-30-2012, 01:03 PM
My girl like vinegar on apples
Pops likes ice and put salt on it.
Lil bro puts tapatio on EVERYTHING!

paperstacks1980
06-30-2012, 01:04 PM
my boogers lol jk

paperstacks1980
06-30-2012, 01:05 PM
lol yeah mayo is the devil

rocket
06-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Salt & Vinegar Chips lol

49GiantWarriors
06-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I hate to eat things that have bones in it, like fish, fried chicken, ribs, steak etc. To me if it has bones it is basically in the way for me. If I had bonless chicken, or fish then I will be all over it. Or if my steak is cut up for me. But if it has bones I enjoy my food less. Also I love love love bbq but I always take it of the skewer and put it on rice. People just find it weird that I don't really like chicken if it isn't boneless

mikekhelxD
06-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I hate to eat things that have bones in it, like fish, fried chicken, ribs, steak etc. To me if it has bones it is basically in the way for me. If I had bonless chicken, or fish then I will be all over it. Or if my steak is cut up for me. But if it has bones I enjoy my food less. Also I love love love bbq but I always take it of the skewer and put it on rice. People just find it weird that I don't really like chicken if it isn't boneless

Don't tell me you dont like fat on your meat as well. It seems like you have a very bland taste buds.

conway429
06-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Milk with everything.

Yeah I'm the same, I'm constantly drinking milk all day.
A couple nights ago I was drinking beers and tequila with my girlfriend at home. Then I felt like making tacos, so I had to switch and drink a litre of milk with the food. I think I might be a little bit lactose intolerant too. Needless to say, the combination of beer, milk, tequila, beef, sour cream, taco seasoning and hot sauce all getting to know eachother in my stomach made the rest of the night extremely romantic.

Beef tongue is really good, so is kangaroo.
I like escargot, and pretty much any kind of seafood.
I used to like eating cereal with vanilla yogurt instead of milk, but I haven't done that in a while.
I like to chug cans of V8.
A few times a week I'll go in the fridge and break off a brick of cheese and eat that like a chocolate bar, which people seem to think is disgusting.

I don't like onions but I love onion rings.
I love potatoes but I don't like french fries.
Go figure.

06-30-2012, 04:18 PM
I drink steak sauce and other sauces right from the bottle
sauerkraut
Spam
asparagus
cream of wheat

NBA_Starter
06-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Lol, what? You find a vegetable disgusting?

I don't, I eat it and others pick at me for it.

BigEric
06-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Chicken Hearts in chicken broth. Dunno why but I've been eating them since I can remember and they're so chewy and tender. You can kinda move it around in your mouth and learn the anatomy of a chickens heart.

Jack of Blades
06-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah I'm the same, I'm constantly drinking milk all day.
A couple nights ago I was drinking beers and tequila with my girlfriend at home. Then I felt like making tacos, so I had to switch and drink a litre of milk with the food. I think I might be a little bit lactose intolerant too. Needless to say, the combination of beer, milk, tequila, beef, sour cream, taco seasoning and hot sauce all getting to know eachother in my stomach made the rest of the night extremely romantic.

That's just not smart at all :laugh2:

Jetsguy
06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Peanutbutter and cheese sandwiches are my favorite, eat them all the time and have since I was a kid.

Six-8-TheWizard
07-01-2012, 12:03 AM
cottage cheese by the bowlfull

I used to do this all the time when I was like 5 or 6. Then I kinda grew out of it

Six-8-TheWizard
07-01-2012, 12:06 AM

Ya I hate that as well. I just find it a lot harder to enjoy my food if I have to watch out for bones and stuff

metsrock229
07-01-2012, 12:42 AM
At college the dining hall has tomato soup every friday. Eventually I started putting whatever in the soup.. popcorn chicken, chicken fingers, french fries, onion rings, goldfish, croutons, pretty much anything like that. Friends thought it was gross but it tasted so good. Obviously I didn't put all of them in at one time, just the different combos I'v tried.

TylerSL
07-01-2012, 01:16 AM
I used to do this all the time when I was like 5 or 6. Then I kinda grew out of it

Haha, me too, but now I only eat cottage cheese in lasagna.

TylerSL
07-01-2012, 01:18 AM
I also like my flamin' hot cheetos dipped in chocolate pudding.

guru
07-01-2012, 01:47 AM
I live in Korea. And I've only had it once. I ate dog stew my first year living here. I will never eat it again, at least the curiosity is gone.

Ray_R
07-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I would also stuff my mouth with popcorn and drink soda right after and it always takstes like Corn Flakes.

HOWE do i do it
07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Haha, me too, but now I only eat cottage cheese in lasagna.

...............what?

07-01-2012, 02:38 PM
...............what?
Cottage cheese is widely used instead of ricotta in lasagna. I use cottage cheese in mine because it's cheaper.

b@llhog24
07-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Mashed potatoes and ketchup.

statquo
07-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Homeless peoples faces

goldglove212
07-01-2012, 05:34 PM
...............what?

Thats what i was thinking :confused:

Young2Kinsler
07-01-2012, 07:19 PM
-blood sausage
-bone marrow
-foie gras
-eel
-pig ear

All that stuff is great, especially head cheese. I prefer pig cheeks to ears, and don't love eel.

The "weird" things I eat are more combos of things...

- Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip Sandwich(dad made em when I was a kid, still like them now and then.

-Grape Jelly- on eggs, biscuits and gravy, and various other things.

FWBrodie
07-01-2012, 09:40 PM

WTF man. Elaborate please.

It totally does, but is that something you eat or that you tried once?

I've met plenty of chicks that eat like you, but never a dude.

Six-8-TheWizard
07-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Homeless peoples faces

:laugh2:

TylerSL
07-02-2012, 12:27 AM
All that stuff is great, especially head cheese. I prefer pig cheeks to ears, and don't love eel.

The "weird" things I eat are more combos of things...

- Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip Sandwich(dad made em when I was a kid, still like them now and then.

-Grape Jelly- on eggs, biscuits and gravy, and various other things.

That sounds awesome, and the second one probably isn't that bad.

07-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip together is disgusting. Why would anyone even try to mix those 2 together?

TylerSL
07-02-2012, 12:29 AM
WTF man. Elaborate please.

It totally does, but is that something you eat or that you tried once?

I've met plenty of chicks that eat like you, but never a dude.

I don't know. I just like the peel. I was dared to eat it when I was like 11, and I liked it. So, for the last 8 years I've eaten my oranges with the peel still on.

FWBrodie
07-02-2012, 12:36 AM
I don't know. I just like the peel. I was dared to eat it when I was like 11, and I liked it. So, for the last 8 years I've eaten my oranges with the peel still on.

Like you just bite into the orange or do you slice it up and eat the slices whole?

nastynice
07-02-2012, 12:46 AM
I ate goat brain a few times :)

haha, I think I ate bull testicle too. not sure on that one

sf-fanatic
07-02-2012, 06:39 AM
i like to eat parley/cilantro plain

also, in jujy fruits candy/jelly beans i usually let people eat it first and tell them to save me the purple licorice ones

FlakeyFool
07-02-2012, 08:23 AM
tampons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-y6f0g5odk

behindmydesk
07-02-2012, 08:29 AM

The peel of the orange has the most vitamin's. I dont' eat the whole peel but usually about a third of it. I mostly just chew on it like a sunflower seed. It's tart.

behindmydesk
07-02-2012, 08:30 AM
So apparently most people don't eat Sauerkraut. Went to a wedding Saturday and the 7 people including me at the table I ate 3 servings of it, One guy and my wife I made have a little bit to try both said before they didn't like it, and still don't. I love it.

07-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Sauerkraut is amazing

Pinstripe pride
07-02-2012, 11:51 AM
shark

sixers247
07-02-2012, 02:32 PM
I eat the whole Kiwi. People at my job just thought that was hella strange.

jlohm1
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
I haven't had any lately, but i've eaten/drank plenty of raw eggs before

behindmydesk
07-02-2012, 03:04 PM

Oh i always do too. Actually thought that was common. Didn't realize anyone peeled them.

Rentzias
07-02-2012, 03:16 PM
A ton of things, but mostly Spam.

FWBrodie
07-02-2012, 03:46 PM

That is definitely strange.

.Sean.
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm currently eating pecorino romano. I don't think this is normal but I cant stop

egptnwarrior22
07-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Grilled pigeon stuffed with rice and ground beef (middle eastern delicacy), cow/pig feet, tongue, brain, tripe, heart, and pretty much all the stuff no one thinks is edible. Rabbits are incredible. I had gator and escargot. I had iguana in Honduras and I LOVED it.

Pinstripe pride
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM
my buddy eats an entire apple except the stem (core, seeds, etc.), which most people find weird

kwstriker299
07-02-2012, 05:29 PM
A few things people eat that I also eat:

Grape jelly on grilled cheese
Cottage cheese
I make lasagna with cottage cheese
Raw oatmeal. I mix with milk and let it sit overnight. So good.
Sauerkraut is the ****. If it goes on a bun, I have likely put Sauerkraut on it as well.
Bologna sandwich with ketchup is the only type of bologna sandwich that I know.

TylerSL
07-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Like you just bite into the orange or do you slice it up and eat the slices whole?

I usually just bite into it, but if it's sliced I do it that way too.

Dmac
07-02-2012, 05:46 PM

I do that too. I don't see a point in peeling them.

I don't really eat anything else odd. My dad though would scoop some peanutbutter into a bowl and pour maple syrup on it and mix it up. The smell of it would make me want to puke.

07-02-2012, 05:48 PM
I just cut them in half and eat the inside with a spoon.

KingerSox
07-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I live in Korea. And I've only had it once. I ate dog stew my first year living here. I will never eat it again, at least the curiosity is gone.

Grilled pigeon stuffed with rice and ground beef (middle eastern delicacy), cow/pig feet, tongue, brain, tripe, heart, and pretty much all the stuff no one thinks is edible. Rabbits are incredible. I had gator and escargot. I had iguana in Honduras and I LOVED it.

I can get down with rabbit but outside of that what the **** boys?

mikekhelxD
07-03-2012, 01:35 AM

I can get down with rabbit but outside of that what the **** boys?

People once didn't eat chicken...

It just depends on how particular societies accept such things. Offals are well accepted and norms on some cultures, including mine. Rabbits back then are not seen as something you would it, but now its starting to become okay.

FWBrodie
07-03-2012, 02:58 AM
I can get down with rabbit butt outside of that what the **** boys?
WTF yourself. HA.

rhino17
07-03-2012, 03:27 AM
Rabbit isnt an uncommon food, I wouldnt consider it too strange

07-03-2012, 11:02 AM
I would never eat rabbit or squirrel

Pinstripe pride
07-03-2012, 11:05 AM

rabbit is good

BroadwayJoe
07-03-2012, 11:36 AM
had rabbit tacos recently... they were hot fiyahhh

lexecutioner
07-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Balut..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

you probly heard this already

49GiantWarriors
07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Don't tell me you dont like fat on your meat as well. It seems like you have a very bland taste buds.

Haha i don't like fat it is disgusting. I am not even skinny and I find it really weird

northsider
07-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Balut..

That's just ****ing gross lol.

49GiantWarriors
07-03-2012, 07:39 PM
tampons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-y6f0g5odk

I've seen that guys video, he consumes some crazy ****

So apparently most people don't eat Sauerkraut. Went to a wedding Saturday and the 7 people including me at the table I ate 3 servings of it, One guy and my wife I made have a little bit to try both said before they didn't like it, and still don't. I love it.

Sauerkraut is really good with filipino bbq and rice

Balut..

I'm filipino american and even I think that **** is disgusting
I remember when Balut was on Fear Factor and all the white people were disgusted.
Rex Naverette tells the truth about fFilipino food.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwfXK9s7VFQ So Funny

lexecutioner
07-03-2012, 09:28 PM
For me it depens on the quality of the balut. I dont eat one when the baby duck is already formed. When the balut is quality made its not that bad at all.

statquo
07-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Balut tastes like chicken. The only gross part is when the duck explodes on the first bite.

cheaptrikz
07-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Goat brain, taste so good

TylerSL
07-04-2012, 01:04 AM

Neither are too unusual, but I like both.

07-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Neither are too unusual, but I like both.
Actually anything outside of turkey, cow, chicken and pig, is unusual. It's not like stores carry rabbit products or any other sort of critter meat regularly. Buffalo, ostrich, raccoon, etc. I know there's people that eat it but it's not like it's an everyday part of the family meal unless you're a redneck or hunter.

mikekhelxD
07-06-2012, 07:03 PM

Haha i don't like fat it is disgusting. I am not even skinny and I find it really weird

Damn. Even when the fat is rendered out? Fat is where the flavor is...

Dmac
07-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Actually anything outside of turkey, cow, chicken and pig, is unusual. It's not like stores carry rabbit products or any other sort of critter meat regularly. Buffalo, ostrich, raccoon, etc. I know there's people that eat it but it's not like it's an everyday part of the family meal unless you're a redneck or hunter.

I wouldn't put buffalo on that list. Some stores actually carry Buffalo products. The only reason they all don't is because the meat is too expensive because there isn't a large population of buffalo to get the meat from. It is the only meat I eat at home.

I order it through a buffalo meat website and buy it in bulk. It is alot healthier for you. It is leaner, and you can't tell the difference in taste at all between that and regular beef. Ground buffalo has no grease at all either. I think one day you will see as much frozen buffalo in stores as you do beef, turkey and chicken. People are looking for healthier options, and it's one of the healthiest meat options you can get. It's just too expensive right now. A pound of ground buffalo cost me about $9.

07-08-2012, 12:14 AM
I wouldn't put buffalo on that list. Some stores actually carry Buffalo products. The only reason they all don't is because the meat is too expensive because there isn't a large population of buffalo to get the meat from. It is the only meat I eat at home.

I order it through a buffalo meat website and buy it in bulk. It is alot healthier for you. It is leaner, and you can't tell the difference in taste at all between that and regular beef. Ground buffalo has no grease at all either. I think one day you will see as much frozen buffalo in stores as you do beef, turkey and chicken. People are looking for healthier options, and it's one of the healthiest meat options you can get. It's just too expensive right now. A pound of ground buffalo cost me about $9.
Some carry each of the different animals. I was referring to a majority of the stores. There's not many that do carry these exotic animals though.

NBA_Starter
07-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Broccoli & Cheese Rice

cambovenzi
07-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Im not a picky eater, but nothing too crazy.

Fried Calimari, Corned Beef hash, Liver.

someone mentioned blue cheese, and that is one of my fav dressings.
I mix several dressings sometimes and that disturbs some people haha.

I also like to call Veal 'mmm baby cow' and get a reaction out of people.

popo85
07-11-2012, 12:31 AM
I put mayo on almost everything lol -pizza, fried rice,mexican food