PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Thing to BBQ / Grill

HOWE do i do it
06-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Summer is in full force, and with the 4th coming up I'm sure we're all in grilling mode. Just wanted to hear everybody's favorite things to cook outside.

Mine has to be baby back ribs. Indirect heat on a charcoal grill, because I dont have a smoker. 3 hours, dry rubbed in dust.

Giannis94
06-26-2012, 05:30 PM
filet mignons. easily.

CityofTreez
06-26-2012, 05:39 PM
When I think of Summer, I think of grilling.

When I think of grilling, I think if Tri-Tip.

Have any of you guys grilled fruit and vegetables?
I recently put some pineapple & asparagus on the grill, and it was amazing!!!

Driven
06-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Its wierd. I like to cook, but im not a big griller. I dont own a grill, so maybe thats why, but i could always do charcoal if i wanted to. I like to grill chicken and peppers, mostly.

Driven
06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Btw, this should be moved to the food forum...

carson005
06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
I grill all year round.

Can I steal your baby back rib recipe?

LionsFan..LOL
06-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Steak, followed by hamburgers and hot dogs.

CityofTreez
06-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Dry rub with ribs is the only way to go.

I've had a wet marinade with ribs, and never again.

mikekhelxD
06-26-2012, 05:53 PM
I love grilling pork belly. Buy fresh, not frozen always then put oyster sauce, a little bit of salt, chicken bouillon in granules form, and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Simple as that. Grill it to medium or however you want, but if it's your first time grilling pork belly, remember that they burn really fast due to the high fat content. Serve it over white rice, but you can enjoy it right after grilling it. As for dipping sauce, soy sauce with minced fresh garlic, onion, dash of white vinegar, and a little bit of sriracha. ENJOY!

As for ribs, i've tried this recipe recently and it wasn't bad at all.

Rub (http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5274&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Glaze!! (http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10297&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

You're Welcome!

Also, we really need a food forum!

EDIT: For the pork belly, you can buy them already sliced or you can buy them whole. If you buy them whole, make sure you slice it with at least 1/2" to 3/4", but not thicker than that. I'd say somewhere in between of 1/2-3/4". As for length, it doesn't matter. Don't buy the cube ones, they're too thick.

harborboy
06-26-2012, 05:59 PM
i make some pretty damn good chicken. i have a secret recipe that people have been trying to steal for years. i get calls about once a week for people asking me to season chicken for them or come by and grill with them because they like it so much.

we actually thought about doing a food truck with it but i dont have time for that ****.

i also like to grill ribs. indirect heat on a charcoal grill. light rub, begin saucing 2/3rds of the way through.

greg_ory_2005
06-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Just steak or burgers. Nothing fancy.

mikekhelxD
06-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Anyone have a killer recipe for burgers? I'm planning to experiment with different ingredients for the 4th and a good baseline would be nice.

LegendX
06-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Tasty dead animals

CUBDOM4life
06-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Ribeyes

mikekhelxD
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Tasty dead animals

with tasty dead plants, followed by massacred fruits... yum!

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-26-2012, 06:20 PM
I grill year round and dont have a favorite bc I like to try all kinds of different things

CityofTreez
06-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Anyone have a killer recipe for burgers? I'm planning to experiment with different ingredients for the 4th and a good baseline would be nice.

I dust my burgers.

I also buy 1/2 beef 1/2 pork and make parties. Best of both worlds.
You can stuff your burgers with cheddar or pepperjack cheese. Juicy Lucie.

mikekhelxD
06-26-2012, 06:24 PM
BTW, watch out for the charcoal sales. During memorial, stores had 2 13 pounds kingsford (original) for $5.99. Only if they put the lump on sales...

mikekhelxD
06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
I dust my burgers.

Yeah, that's what i've been planning to do. I'd probably use both meat then stuff it with gouda cheese and peppers.

CityofTreez
06-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, that's what i've been planning to do. I'd probably use both meat then stuff it with gouda cheese and peppers.

Sounds amazing.

My uncle grills these burgers for his birthday. Stuffs them with feta/goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes. I asked him if it tastes better if you don't stuff it, and he's never not stuffed the burgers. Sounds bizarre, but its so damn good.

CityofTreez
06-26-2012, 06:34 PM
I can go on forever with BBQ memories....

Beer Can Chicken is another favorite.

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Sounds amazing.

My uncle grills these burgers for his birthday. Stuffs them with feta/goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes. I asked him if it tastes better if you don't stuff it, and he's never not stuffed the burgers. Sounds bizarre, but its so damn good.

I stuff burgers all the time. So much better than dust the outside or season them.

.Sean.
06-26-2012, 06:40 PM
I dust my burgers.

Nothing beats a homemade Juicy Lucy w/ Bacon and Cheddar, Dust, Garlic, Onion, Salt, Pepper and Hot sauce (all mixed pre cooking with the bacon and cheddar stuffing the middle)

No ketchup, no lettuce, no tomato, no onion, maybe a little cheese and bacon on top, no extra hot sauce.

So flavorful its unbelievable.

My favorite is also ribs cooked with indirect heat on charcoal. I'm a big fan of parboiling sausage and peppers in beer with italian seasoning in cast iron on the charcoal and then finishing it off on the grill also.

CityofTreez
06-26-2012, 06:41 PM
I stuff burgers all the time. So much better than dust the outside or season them.

There is room for error with stuffing burgers though.

I've had the cheese scorching hot and almost burned my tastebuds off. It takes an extra step, but if you do it right, it is a piece of art.

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-26-2012, 06:59 PM
There is room for error with stuffing burgers though.

I've had the cheese scorching hot and almost burned my tastebuds off. It takes an extra step, but if you do it right, it is a piece of art.

O yeah for sure. Its the only kind of art I'm good at :laugh:

TylerSL
06-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Steak, pork chops, burgers, lots of different veggies, and pineapple.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2012, 07:15 PM
chicken...I love grilling chicken.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2012, 07:15 PM
lol throw some recipes out people....I could use some tips

GGGGG-Men
06-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Salmon
fingerling potatoes
corn on the cob (so good grilled)

also tequila-lime-garlic marinated shrimp for tacos (with roasted tomatillo salsa). Been having that twice a week lately.

and while we're at it:

ALWAYS CHARCOAL
NEVER EVER EVER LIGHTER FLUID

roshan3ai
06-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Salmon
fingerling potatoes

also tequila-lime-garlic marinated shrimp for tacos (with roasted tomatillo salsa). Been having that twice a week lately.

and while we're at it:

ALWAYS CHARCOAL
How do you grill your salmon? I've done it once but it wasn't all that great.

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Salmon
fingerling potatoes

and while we're at it:

ALWAYS CHARCOAL

That should be a rule GMen

For my buddies wedding this weekend he got the groomsmen a grilling tools kit in a carrying case with our initials on it and a cooler chair. They might have been the best gifts I have ever gotten.

.Sean.
06-26-2012, 07:20 PM

These numbers are guesses.. I don't use measuring cups and such but I'm sure you can figure it out

About 1/3 cup orange juice
3ish tablespoons of soy sauce
2ish tablespoons of honey
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
Magic Dust to taste... If you dont have and/or are too lazy to make magic dust, you can get by with black pepper and paprika to taste

Mix all that together and you have my favorite chicken marinade.

I usually let it sit for about 4-6 hours and then grill em up. I usually use breasts btw, but any chicken works.

GGGGG-Men
06-26-2012, 07:22 PM
How do you grill your salmon? I've done it once but it wasn't all that great.

A little different every time as far as seasoning, but basically I use the no skin fillets, marinate in salt, pepper, chili powder, soy sauce, lemon juice (or even OJ...anything citrusy), olive oil, lots of diced garlic, little dijon mustard and Mirin or white wine. Marinate first thing in the morning and cook it in the evening.....5 min on each side (depending on thickness).

Usually eat it like a burger on a bun. LOVE IT.

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-26-2012, 07:22 PM
If I dont have time to really think about what I want I normally just toss some pork chops in a bag filled with some thousand island dressing over night and grill them the next day

More-Than-Most
06-26-2012, 07:23 PM
These numbers are guesses.. I don't use measuring cups and such but I'm sure you can figure it out

About 1/3 cup orange juice
3ish tablespoons of soy sauce
2ish tablespoons of honey
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
Magic Dust to taste... If you dont have and/or are too lazy to make magic dust, you can get by with black pepper and paprika to taste

Mix all that together and you have my favorite chicken marinade.

I usually let it sit for about 4-6 hours and then grill em up. I usually use breasts btw, but any chicken works.

:drool:

Gonna do it this weekend.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2012, 07:23 PM
If I dont have time to really think about what I want I normally just toss some pork chops in a bag filled with some thousand island dressing over night and grill them the next day

I do this but I use a roasted garlic Dressing

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I do this but I use a roasted garlic Dressing

quit psding and get to lvl 60

H-MYK
06-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Ribs, steak, burgers, pork chops.

GGGGG-Men
06-26-2012, 07:30 PM
That should be a rule GMen

For my buddies wedding this weekend he got the groomsmen a grilling tools kit in a carrying case with our initials on it and a cooler chair. They might have been the best gifts I have ever gotten.

nice!

My current favorite:

Shrimp marinated in:
garlic (a lot)
lime juice
tequila
olive oil
little bit of white wine vinegar
salt
pepper
chili powder (or a canned chipotle with the adobo sauce from the can)
cumin
fresh chopped cilantro

Not good on amounts, but enough olive oil, tequila and lime juice (2 limes?) to cover the shrimp and the rest to taste....can't go too heavy on a marinade in my opinion.

Skewer and grill 2 1/2 min on each side (or lately using a grill wok so I don't have to skewer them all)

eat with soft taco shells, guacamole, diced tomatoes and my current favorite:

Roasted Tomatillo Salsa. Recipe here: http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/view?recipeID=324

And yes that is Skip Bayless' brother. Recipe is awesome.

HOWE do i do it
06-26-2012, 07:35 PM

Grilled asparagus is where it's at. I just toss it lightly in olive oil with salt and pepper. Maybe a little garlic.

Steak, followed by hamburgers and hot dogs.
charcoal grilled hotdogs are great. best way to do them for sure.

Dry rub with ribs is the only way to go.

I've had a wet marinade with ribs, and never again.
yeah dry rub is the way to go.

i make some pretty damn good chicken. i have a secret recipe that people have been trying to steal for years. i get calls about once a week for people asking me to season chicken for them or come by and grill with them because they like it so much.

we actually thought about doing a food truck with it but i dont have time for that ****.

i also like to grill ribs. indirect heat on a charcoal grill. light rub, begin saucing 2/3rds of the way through.
you sauce that early? i dont sauce it until the very end. maybe 15-20 minutes prior to taking them off.

I grill year round and dont have a favorite bc I like to try all kinds of different things
my family and i grill all year too. stick the grill right outside our sliding door.

Salmon
fingerling potatoes

and while we're at it:

ALWAYS CHARCOAL
truth. i have a little camping propane grill at my apartment in the city, but charcoal is my favorite. we got my dad this weber grill that has a propane ignigte. so its still charcoal, but a propane flame lights the charcoal. its awesome.

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-26-2012, 07:38 PM
thats a sick gift howe

HOWE do i do it
06-26-2012, 07:40 PM
thats a sick gift howe

its, ****ing great.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=202014984&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=202014984&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D28X-_-202014984

mikekhelxD
06-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Interesting Howe. For those people who still uses the lighter fluid or pyramid stacking, get a chimney charcoal instead. That $14 weber chimney is the best investment i've ever made.

CityofTreez
06-26-2012, 07:44 PM
GGG-Men said it...

Grilled corn on the cob is ****ing amazing.....char marks is where it's at. :clap:

GGGGG-Men
06-26-2012, 07:45 PM
its, ****ing great.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=202014984&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=202014984&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D28X-_-202014984

Don't you still get the gas aroma/flavor? Or is it just enough to light it and then off?

Interesting Howe. For those people who still uses the lighter fluid or pyramid stacking, get a chimney charcoal instead. That $14 weber chimney is the best investment i've ever made.

Love my chimney. Love it. Lighter fluid should be illegal....except for lighters of course.

BroadwayJoe
06-26-2012, 07:46 PM
-ribs
-chicken
-steak
-pork butt (shoulder)
-any kind of fish/seafood
-asparagus
-onions
-whole garlic cloves
-corn
-potatoes
-fruit (especially peaches and mangoes)

HOWE do i do it
06-26-2012, 07:46 PM

my quick go to for chicken is italian dressing, siracha, and dust

BroadwayJoe
06-26-2012, 07:47 PM
grilled some corn the other day that fan-****ing-tastic

rubbed it first with EVOO then a shitload of the dust... let that **** sit over the open flame for a few minutes on each side and you've got sweet, zesty, tender fire-grilled corn that will make you **** yourself with joy.

HOWE do i do it
06-26-2012, 07:47 PM

Don't you still get the gas aroma/flavor? Or is it just enough to light it and then off?

Love my chimney. Love it. Lighter fluid should be illegal....except for lighters of course.

no, no gas flavor, but to be honest we sometimes use the chimney, but use the propane to kickstart it

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-26-2012, 07:48 PM
thats what I do

my quick go to for chicken is italian dressing, siracha, and dust

I'm gonna put my women on dust duty. She doesn't have anything better to do during the day ****ing teachers

ESaady
06-26-2012, 08:15 PM
i love grilled veggies/fruits.

tomatoes
asparagus
onions
carrots
pineapples

everything dammit, everything.

.Sean.
06-26-2012, 08:18 PM
I've never grilled pineapple.

I love pineapple as it is so I don't know if I'd want to ruin that. I'll definitely try it eventually though

ESaady
06-26-2012, 08:21 PM
It's delicious. Grilled pineapple and ham. Oooo baby.

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-26-2012, 08:22 PM

I love pineapple as it is so I don't know if I'd want to ruin that. I'll definitely try it eventually though

my buddy grilled that the other day for me for the first time. It was ****ing awesome.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2012, 08:23 PM
quit psding and get to lvl 60

:laugh2:

yes sir

carson005
06-26-2012, 08:23 PM
i love grilled veggies/fruits.

tomatoes
asparagus
onions
carrots
pineapples

everything dammit, everything.
grilled asparagus is heavenly with some olive oil,balasmic vinegar and salt

HOWE do i do it
06-26-2012, 08:25 PM

It's awesome grilled. just cant do it too long, or the sugars burn too much. Ive also heard watermelon grilled is decent.

sportscrazy34
06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Tri-Tip is my go to grill food. Burgers a close second.

BroadwayJoe
06-26-2012, 08:29 PM
It's awesome grilled. just cant do it too long, or the sugars burn too much. Ive also heard watermelon grilled is decent.

i did a grilled watermelon, prosciutto and fresh moozarell salad back in the day... it was amazing.

marinated the watermelon in a basil-balsamic vinaigrette first (sounds weird, i know, but it was ****ing fantastic) then grilled it for a little until the juices caramelized and really contrasted the salty, fatty pork and the creamy cheese.

ESaady
06-26-2012, 08:32 PM
grilled watermelon? i gotta try that. sounds kinda weird tbh.

DerekRE_3
06-26-2012, 08:34 PM

Grilled tri tip last weekend. Delicious. Love skirt steak as well if you marinade it right.

And I always grill veggies. Less clean up. Salt, pepper, olive oil and straight on the grill. Works great for corn, asparagus, zuccini. Pretty much anything.

BroadwayJoe
06-26-2012, 08:35 PM
grilled watermelon? i gotta try that. sounds kinda weird tbh.

most sweet fruits are great when grilled because the heat caramelizes the natural sugars in the fruit and makes it THAT MUCH sweeter

ESaady
06-26-2012, 08:39 PM
most sweet fruits are great when grilled because the heat caramelizes the natural sugars in the fruit and makes it THAT MUCH sweeter

ahh, thanks for the tip. i'll actually try the watermlon in the next few days. i'll use your earlier post as my guide, ha.

GGGGG-Men
06-26-2012, 08:50 PM

Grill pineapple and/or honeydew and wrap it in prosciutto.

Like tomatoes. :D

BroadwayJoe
06-26-2012, 09:00 PM

Like tomatoes. :D

yes! last weekend i grilled tomatoes topped with a heaping pile of seasoned panko. finished it off under the broiler for a few mins to get the tops browned and crispy. it was a really simple, unassuming-looking dish that was gone before anything else on the table that night. all 3 other couples asked for the recipe before they left.

HOWE do i do it
06-26-2012, 09:02 PM
heres my moms fajita recipe. we grill the meat after marinading.

1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup tequila
1 t. crushed dried oregeno
2 t. ground cumin
1 t. black pepper
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 t. minced fresh cilantro

mix everything well in a ziplock bag and add meat (we use flat iron steak or sirloin). 24 hours of marinading optimal, 6 hrs minimal.

.Sean.
06-26-2012, 09:05 PM
yes! last weekend i grilled tomatoes topped with a heaping pile of seasoned panko. finished it off under the broiler for a few mins to get the tops browned and crispy. it was a really simple, unassuming-looking dish that was gone before anything else on the table that night. all 3 other couples asked for the recipe before they left.

My uncle made something similar a long time ago

Grilled tomatoes topped with garlic butter toasted breadcrumbs with a slice of fresh mooz on top of each slice of tomato melted very slightly and then each tomato slice was cut into 1/4's and served as a bite size appetizer

BroadwayJoe
06-26-2012, 09:11 PM
My uncle made something similar a long time ago

Grilled tomatoes topped with garlic butter toasted breadcrumbs with a slice of fresh mooz on top of each slice of tomato melted very slightly and then each tomato slice was cut into 1/4's and served as a bite size appetizer

nice... i would've made it with mooz, but two of the couples were vegans. lame, i know.

mikekhelxD
06-26-2012, 10:04 PM
I can vouch for the grilled pineapple and watermelon. It only works though if you actually get the good ones, the sweet one. I tend to buy my fruits from local farmers simply because here, you get bad fruits from big supermarkets. Too muvh water, less natural sweetness. Try it first before you grill em.

Also, add peaches to that list. Since they are already sweet, when you grill them, they even become sweeter. Great for salad or simply just a part of dessert.

nicegoing
06-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Some nice souvlaki (shishkabob for you not in the KNOW) with some grilled green and red bell peppers and carrots (yes that's right grilled carrots). That's a nice dish, with some grilled potatoes (cut circular style).

CityofTreez
06-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Grilled tri tip last weekend. Delicious. Love skirt steak as well if you marinade it right.

And I always grill veggies. Less clean up. Salt, pepper, olive oil and straight on the grill. Works great for corn, asparagus, zuccini. Pretty much anything.

Love tri-tip.

I bet zuccini and eggplant are amazing if grilled, never thought about that. ****ing Derek!

I'm thinking I had grilled pineapple, and you've been wrapping it in prosciutto. Dammit.

heres my moms fajita recipe. we grill the meat after marinading.

1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup tequila
1 t. crushed dried oregeno
2 t. ground cumin
1 t. black pepper
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 t. minced fresh cilantro

mix everything well in a ziplock bag and add meat (we use flat iron steak or sirloin). 24 hours of marinading optimal, 6 hrs minimal.

Good recipe. I do similar with chicken, but add oj.

HOWE do i do it
06-27-2012, 01:33 AM
yeah its pretty standard, but damn good

Ian.
06-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Nothing beats a nice, fat t-bone on the grill. NOTHING.

All you guys and your fancy recipes and ***gy fruit. Psh

eso
06-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Anyone have a killer recipe for burgers? I'm planning to experiment with different ingredients for the 4th and a good baseline would be nice

1 KG mince Beef, 1 X red Onion, 1 X egg, gratted Parmison cheese (small hand full), 4 X tea spoon hot or sweet paprika, 4 X tea spooncumin, 4 X tea spoon oragano, salt and pepper. and bread crumbs as needed to give the right consistency, give you about 8 burgers.

first sweat of you diced onion, set aside to cool then mix all together make your patties then bamn best burger you will taste.

BroadwayJoe
06-27-2012, 07:59 AM
1 KG mince Beef, 1 X red Onion, 1 X egg, gratted Parmison cheese (small hand full), 4 X tea spoon hot or sweet paprika, 4 X tea spooncumin, 4 X tea spoon oragano, salt and pepper. and bread crumbs as needed to give the right consistency, give you about 8 burgers.

first sweat of you diced onion, set aside to cool then mix all together make your patties then bamn best burger you will taste.

how the **** do you get 1 kevin garnett minced beef?!?!

Pinstripe pride
06-27-2012, 08:31 AM
steak

GGGGG-Men
06-27-2012, 12:35 PM

That sounds pretty fantastic. I usually just coat it with some balsamic, OO, basil, grill and eat with some mozzarella.

Also good, grilling asparagus and top with halved grape tomatoes sauteed in balsamic and a little blue cheese or Gorgonzola.

desertrat218
06-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Rib Eyes!

Also like to grill some marinated flank steak (aka carne asada), chicken, ribs, corn on the cob still wrapped inside the husk with butter, hamburgers, shark or swordfish steaks, and occasionally some Sonoran style hot dogs.

CityofTreez
06-27-2012, 01:33 PM

You're a Seattle native. Grill some salmon for me Ian!

HOWE do i do it
06-27-2012, 01:49 PM

besides a porterhouse, or filet, or ribeye (in my opinion at least).

northsider
06-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Everything is better out of the smoker or off the barbie.

I ****ing love grilling.

The Schmooze
06-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Favorite: a NY Strip steak(dusted with montreal seasoning)

..but strangely, one of my favorite things to grill are homemade quesadillas. It's just something about those grill marks that makes it so good!

Honorable Mention: stuffed burgers, sausage n peppers, pineapple slices, marinated chicken

americaspasttim
06-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Boneless pork ribs with my homemade BBQ sauce...

Ian.
06-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Nothing beats a nice, fat tbone on the grill. NOTHING.

You're a Seattle native. Grill some salmon for me Ian!

Of course. I caught some last summer and grilled that beast. I still prefer tbone

UKBronco58
06-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Pork belly.

.Sean.
06-27-2012, 11:24 PM

What style BBQ sauce? Like whats the base of the BBQ sauce?

I'm going to assume you mean like a tomato or ketchup based sauce because thats what America has grown to mean by BBQ sauce, but you never know in a true bbq/grillin thread.

I'm just curious

Twinke Masta
06-27-2012, 11:32 PM
just about anything is good off the grill

but a good ribeye and some savory chicken breasts = boom

mikekhelxD
06-28-2012, 12:09 AM

What so fancy with stuff you can find in most fridge across the country? Lol.

americaspasttim
06-28-2012, 12:13 AM
What style BBQ sauce? Like whats the base of the BBQ sauce?

I'm going to assume you mean like a tomato or ketchup based sauce because thats what America has grown to mean by BBQ sauce, but you never know in a true bbq/grillin thread.

I'm just curious
Tomato based, although I'm looking for a good Carolina BBQ recipe if you know one...

Six-8-TheWizard
06-28-2012, 02:33 AM
with tasty dead plants, followed by massacred fruits... yum!

:laugh2:

eso
06-28-2012, 05:30 AM
how the **** do you get 1 kevin garnett minced beef?!?!

It was 1 Kendall Gill of Minced beef jerk wad its an old school recipe!?!?!?!

Ian.
06-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Grilled up a tbone because of this thread.

First time I've ever grilled asparagus and I must say its the best way I've eaten asparagus.

Just coated each one in a very good garlic olive oil and fresh crushed pepper and it was divine. The crust you get from the grill is the best.

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Firing up the grill tonight with some chuckeyes yeahhhh buddy

CityofTreez
06-28-2012, 01:23 PM

Why boneless?

That's where the flavor is at man.

Also, check out S.Carolina BBQ sauce recipes. Apple cider vinegar and sugar base. Amazing.

Of course. I caught some last summer and grilled that beast. I still prefer tbone

I prefer the guest room, and a 7pm dinner.

americaspasttim
06-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Why boneless?

That's where the flavor is at man.

Also, check out S.Carolina BBQ sauce recipes. Apple cider vinegar and sugar base. Amazing.

I prefer the guest room, and a 7pm dinner.

I just like the extra meat. The best flavor is from the fat, and it still has plenty of that. I'm looking for a good Carolina recipe, I've tried a few and can't get them right. Do you use white or brown sugar? Mustard or no mustard?

CityofTreez
06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
I just like the extra meat. The best flavor is from the fat, and it still has plenty of that. I'm looking for a good Carolina recipe, I've tried a few and can't get them right. Do you use white or brown sugar? Mustard or no mustard?

4 cups of mustard
8 oz of beer
1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
8 tabls brown sugar
1/2 cup of tomato puree
2 tsp worchester sauce
1 tabls cayenne
1 tabls of black pepper
1 tabls of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder

We add more cayenne most of the time for more heat, but its great. This stuff is meant for BBQ PORK. They have so many kinds, this is just a mustard kind. Never tried the tomato recipe, but I should get around to it.

.Sean.
06-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Stuffed bacon cheddar burgers are the ****

CityofTreez
06-28-2012, 05:28 PM
I've stuffed pepperjack/Bacon/hot cheetos in a burger once.

Grilling is amazing when you have drank some beers. Your grilling instincts are enhanced.

HOWE do i do it
06-28-2012, 05:51 PM
softball game at 640, grilling after. polish sausage and burgers

DerekRE_3
06-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Grilled up a tbone because of this thread.

First time I've ever grilled asparagus and I must say its the best way I've eaten asparagus.

Just coated each one in a very good garlic olive oil and fresh crushed pepper and it was divine. The crust you get from the grill is the best.

I didn't even like asparagus until I had it grilled. Once you have it grilled you can't have it done any other way.

Also, your sig is a very good movie.

DerekRE_3
06-28-2012, 06:22 PM
I've stuffed pepperjack/Bacon/hot cheetos in a burger once.

Grilling is amazing when you have drank some beers. Your grilling instincts are enhanced.

I made some caramelized onion infused burgers once. I love caramelized onions, but it can get messy on a burger, so I just put them inside the ground beef before I cooked the burgers. :drool:

CityofTreez
06-29-2012, 01:07 PM
I made some caramelized onion infused burgers once. I love caramelized onions, but it can get messy on a burger, so I just put them inside the ground beef before I cooked the burgers. :drool:

Damn....never done that before.

CityofTreez
06-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Also, do you guys clean your grill and coat it with olive oil?

My father & uncle do it all the time when they grill vegetables.

.Sean.
06-29-2012, 02:40 PM

Yes, and I do the same thing with my cast iron pan also

americaspasttim
06-29-2012, 03:54 PM

Yes, especially when doing veggies...

americaspasttim
06-29-2012, 03:55 PM
4 cups of mustard
8 oz of beer
8 tabls brown sugar
1/2 cup of tomato puree
2 tsp worchester sauce
1 tabls cayenne
1 tabls of black pepper
1 tabls of salt

We add more cayenne most of the time for more heat, but its great. This stuff is meant for BBQ PORK. They have so many kinds, this is just a mustard kind. Never tried the tomato recipe, but I should get around to it.
I'll have to try that...

.Sean.
06-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Here's another (Carolina style, similar to Maurice Bessinger's - that racist prick who makes really good food):

1.5 cups yellow mustard (french's)
7 tbsp brown sugar
8 tbsp tomato paste
5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp granulated garlic

Whisk together in saucepan over medium heat, simmer until sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and let cool

Once again, best with pork. I mean real BBQ is really all about pork IMO, but what do I know, I'm from NJ lol.

KingerSox
06-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Stuffed steak. It's just unreal. Get a huge cut of beef and have it cut so that there's about an inch, inch and a half of the middle of the cut hollowed out. Stuff it with red, green, orange, yellow peppers and onions. Hell any veggie you like really. Mushrooms ect. Turn one side of your BBQ up on max and after it heats up put the cut of beef on the side that's not on. Leave it on the grill with the cover closed until the beef's cooked to your liking. One of my favorite dishes.

You can get a good cut of pork too and make sure it's fully defrosted. You rub sea salt all over the cut of pork and tie thin rope around the cut of pork in a few places so it doesn't fall apart while cooking because it gets so tender. Turn on one side of the grill to slightly above medium level, leave the other off and put the cut of pork on that side. Make sure the cover to the grill is closed. Cook for 3-4 hours slowly. The sea salt makes an amazing crust around the meat and the meat is tender and flavourable. I probably like this almost as much as the stuffed steak.

Now I'm getting frickin hungry.

mikealike305
06-29-2012, 05:03 PM
currasco steak. this is great stuff. marinated in mojo 24 hours in advance then cooked over indirect heat. i love to grill these.

BroadwayJoe
06-29-2012, 05:14 PM
currasco steak. this is great stuff. marinated in mojo 24 hours in advance then cooked over indirect heat. i love to grill these.

hell yeah! throw on a good chimichurri and some grilled onions and the whole ****ing block will be knocking at your door for dinner.

mikealike305
06-30-2012, 12:41 AM
hell yeah! throw on a good chimichurri and some grilled onions and the whole ****ing block will be knocking at your door for dinner.

For real that stuff is great! This is most likely what I'll be making on 4th of July so I can't wait.

DerekRE_3
06-30-2012, 02:22 AM
Cannot ****ing wait for July 4th. So much beer and grilled meat.

06-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Johnsonville bratwurst by far.

I grill a lot of different things though. My red potatoes are delicious. Quarter them and then put in a container with melted butter, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, Magic Dust and shake. Most people would throw it in foil but I do it right on the grill on this (http://www.realrecreationusa.com/p/Grill-o-sheet-Bbq-Grill-Topper-1019617.html). Tastes much better and the outside gets nice and crispy with the flavor on it.

northsider
06-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Johnsonville bratwurst by far.

I grill a lot of different things though. My red potatoes are delicious. Quarter them and then put in a container with melted butter, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, Magic Dust and shake. Most people would throw it in foil but I do it right on the grill on this (http://www.realrecreationusa.com/p/Grill-o-sheet-Bbq-Grill-Topper-1019617.html). Tastes much better and the outside gets nice and crispy with the flavor on it.

Love red potatoes.

ewing
07-02-2012, 04:03 PM
I've been grilling veggies all week. eggplants, squashes, onions, scallions,

sometimes i eat them by themselves, sometimes i have them on bread with sauce, sometimes on top of pasta, and sometimes with bread and mozz and a balsamic drizzle (reduce balsamic vin., brown sugar, honey, and soy). 25 bucks veruy well spent at the farmers market

God i love summer

BroadwayJoe
07-02-2012, 04:39 PM
we had a bbq yesterday at my brother-in-law's house (he's a gourmet executive chef)

-grilled burgers (brisket/sirloin/short rib mix with aged sharp cheddar)
-grilled homemade sweet n' spicy sausages
-grilled asparagus with EVOO and sea salt/cracked black pepper
-fire grilled corn on the cob
-2 ribeyes
-grilled peaches and mangoes for dessert

this is why i married my wife...

HOWE do i do it
07-02-2012, 05:51 PM
well **** you too

mikekhelxD
07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
we had a bbq yesterday at my brother-in-law's house (he's a gourmet executive chef)

-grilled burgers (brisket/sirloin/short rib mix with aged sharp cheddar)
-grilled homemade sweet n' spicy sausages
-grilled asparagus with EVOO and sea salt/cracked black pepper
-fire grilled corn on the cob
-2 ribeyes
-grilled peaches and mangoes for dessert

this is why i married my wife...

You should have married the brother instead... if you get to eat those kind of food everyday, sex is nothing on the long haul. :laugh2:

07-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Grilled peaches sound good. I have never attempted to grill fruit.

CityofTreez
07-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah.....the 4th is 2 days away!!!!

Tri-Tip. Drink w/ one hand, Carnivore with the other. No plate!

So close...

CityofTreez
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Here's another (Carolina style, similar to Maurice Bessinger's - that racist prick who makes really good food):

1.5 cups yellow mustard (french's)
7 tbsp brown sugar
8 tbsp tomato paste
5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp granulated garlic

Whisk together in saucepan over medium heat, simmer until sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and let cool

Once again, best with pork. I mean real BBQ is really all about pork IMO, but what do I know, I'm from NJ lol.

Yeah, the Carolina sauce is exceptional with BBQ pork. I try to not do it all the time, just because I want it to be a special occassion when grilling. Every grilling session is a special occassion, but the Carolina sauce with pork is orgasmic. My uncle makes a ton of his recipe, and you can almost drink it.

CityofTreez
07-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Bump.

Last night, we grilled Tri-Tip with sweet potatoes & cauliflower.

Unbelievable!

todu82
07-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Love Barbecued chicken, that and barbecued weiners.

americaspasttim
07-07-2012, 12:21 AM

4 cups of mustard
8 oz of beer
8 tabls brown sugar
1/2 cup of tomato puree
2 tsp worchester sauce
1 tabls cayenne
1 tabls of black pepper
1 tabls of salt

We add more cayenne most of the time for more heat, but its great. This stuff is meant for BBQ PORK. They have so many kinds, this is just a mustard kind. Never tried the tomato recipe, but I should get around to it. Tried this tonight on some ribs. I felt like it needed a little more zest so next time I'll add a little more cayenne. Otherwise it was pretty good...

HOWE do i do it
07-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Tried this tonight on some ribs. I felt like it needed a little more zest so next time I'll add a little more cayenne. Otherwise it was pretty good...

use the 17th st sauce with the dust. the most winningest bbq combo ever.

1 cup ketchup (I use Hunt's)
2/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 cup apple juice or cider
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce or worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/3 cup bacon bits, ground in a spice grinder
1/3 cup peeled and grated apple
1/3 cup grated onion
2 teaspoons grated green bell pepper

Cooking Directions
Combine the ketchup, rice vinegar, apple juice or cider, cider vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce or worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, white pepper, cayenne, and bacon bits in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the apple, onion, and bell pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Stir it often. Allow to cool, then pour into sterilized glass bottles. A glass jar that used to contain mayonnaise or juice works real well. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 3 cups
Variation: to make this sauce a little hotter, add more cayenne pepper to taste, approximately another 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon. Be careful; a little cayenne goes a long way.

americaspasttim
07-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Thats pretty similar to mine but I use molasses instead of brown sugar, and I use minced garlic. I also use about a shot of jack...