PDA

View Full Version : Grizz add depth at pg, sign Jeremy Pargo

MrfadeawayJB
12-10-2011, 11:57 PM
http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/grizzlies-sign-jeremy-pargo

MEMPHIS, December 10, 2011 The Memphis Grizzlies signed free agent Jeremy Pargo to a multi-year contract, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Pargo, a 6-2, 219-pound guard, joins the Grizzlies after spending last season with Euroleague powerhouse Maccabi Tel-Aviv, where he was named to the 2011 All-Euroleague Second Team after recording 13.0 points, 3.5 rebounds and 4.3 assists on .463 shooting in 30.0 minutes in 22 games.

Prior to his success with Maccabi, the 25-year-old helped guide Hapoel Gilboa Galil Elyon to the 2010 Israeli Basketball Super League Championship in his first season as a professional, averaging 14.1 points, 2.9 rebounds and 4.5 assists.

The younger brother of NBA player Jannero Pargo, the Chicago native was named the 2008 West Coast Conference (WCC) Player of the Year after posting 12.1 points, 3.7 rebounds and 6.0 assists as a junior at Gonzaga University. Pargo finished his four-year collegiate career with the Bulldogs with averages of 9.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 4.4 assists in 134 games.

Undrafted in the 2009 NBA Draft, Pargo has made summer league appearances in 2009 and 2010 with the Detroit Pistons, Orlando Magic, Charlotte Bobcats and Minnesota Timberwolves.

mzgrizz
12-11-2011, 12:57 AM
I'll ALWAYS welcome another PG !!

MrfadeawayJB
12-11-2011, 05:45 PM
yeah me too...injuries at pg position are pretty common, so it is a nice addition. I guess this means goodbye for Ish Smith? Or perhaps we will send Pargo to the D-leauge affiliate. Either way, I liked him in college so we will see

cyclonw
12-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Not so sure on this one. We have already Vasquez and Selby and would like to see these guys develop. Personally, I think we should sign Marc first before we sign other free agents to make sure we have the money for him without hitting the luxury tax.

mzgrizz
12-12-2011, 12:08 AM
This signing is insurance as we have been known to run through PG's . Doesn't cost much. Looks like we'll keep Marc, but he has to sign. Heisley apparently has sent out the word that he'll match any offer. Just wish the drama was done and we can look forward to starting up where we left off(minus Shane of course)

cyclonw
12-12-2011, 02:24 AM
They'll have to finish signing with Marc so we can focus on the training camp. I've read some reports that Houston made an offer for Marc. We have a few adjustments to make on losing Shane and adding Selby. Sad to loss Shane but its for his own good I guess now that we have Gay back. Can't wait for season to officially start.

Billups had just been waive, any opinion guys what if Memphis should try to bring him in (not sure of the monetary aspects though). He can bring the maturity and experience to our younger guys like Shane did to us in a short span of time.

MrfadeawayJB
12-12-2011, 03:38 PM
They'll have to finish signing with Marc so we can focus on the training camp. I've read some reports that Houston made an offer for Marc. We have a few adjustments to make on losing Shane and adding Selby. Sad to loss Shane but its for his own good I guess now that we have Gay back. Can't wait for season to officially start.

Billups had just been waive, any opinion guys what if Memphis should try to bring him in (not sure of the monetary aspects though). He can bring the maturity and experience to our younger guys like Shane did to us in a short span of time.

I've always liked a guy like Billups, but he would cost too much and want to start. Conley has already proven in the past he does not like competition at the pg position. Conley has a fragile confidence and if he loses confidence he is very below average.

cyclonw
12-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Valid points bro. I dont intend to start Billups as well if ever we could get him.
Hopefully Conley will continue to develop his mid and long range shots as we need him to hit those to open the defense down low.

mzgrizz
12-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Doubt Chauncey thinks we're a contender enough for him. Rather keep MC.

cyclonw
12-13-2011, 11:54 PM
He might regret this. :) Now that we have the same core after having Marc back.
Now that Henry is injured again, i think this is a good move after all.

MrfadeawayJB
12-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Good thing we still have Mayo. I can't beleive X-man got hurt again! If he doesnt make a strong push this year, he will find himself without a job!

mzgrizz
12-14-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm beginning to think X man is a bust man