PDA

View Full Version : Next season

Parisefan09
07-04-2011, 11:26 AM
I know its still early and no ones really sure exactly whats going on with the Parise situation but what do you guys see the lines looking like next season?

Kovy-Zajac-Parise
Rolston-Zubrus-Elias
Palmieri-Josefson-Teds
Zharkov-Steckel/Mair-Clarkson

Volchenkov-White
Tallinder-Greene
Larsson-Taromina

Brodeur
Hedberg
Frazze?

RubberBiscuitz
07-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Depending how Larrson does at camp, I wouldnt be surprised if he goes on a line with someone experienced like Greene or Tallinder. Also need to factor in who the coach is going to be and how they like to play the game.

P.S.- This is my first post and I have been a hardcore Devils fan since I was born. I have been lurking around this forum for awhile and finally decided to join. LETS GO DEVILS

Robbw241
07-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Larssonmay not even make the team due to salary constraints

Parisefan09
07-04-2011, 12:18 PM
I know we are going to e close to the cap but isn't the rookie salary cap max still under a mil?

devilslegion
07-04-2011, 11:18 PM
parise-zajac- tedenby
kovie- josefson- palmieri
elias-zubrus-rolston
pelley-steckel-clarkson

volch-white
larsson-tallinder
green- fayne

hockeyislife10
07-05-2011, 01:21 AM
parise-zajac-palmieri
kovi-josefson-tedenby
rolston-elias-zubrus
zharkov-steckel-clarkson

volch-white
tallinder-fayne
larsson-greene

to explain:

I like palmieri as a fit for the style of game zajac and parise play. He fill in for Langenbrunner as we all know how deadly that line was with all 3 of them together. Dump and chase, north south game.

I picked rolston/elias/zubrus together because they started coming on real strong as a line at the end of last year.

However, I can see Elias being in a good role with Kovi as Elias is a superb passer and Kovi needs to get back at shooting more, not trying to make the pretty plays. Elias can play wing or center, so the best bet is keeping josefson at center, which Lemaire claimed he picked up so fast to the NHL game at, and throw Elias on the wing. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Tedenby on the wing because I see a similarity between Kovi's game and Tedenby's game. That option can put Elias in the center and Josefson on the 3rd line to play with zubrus/rolston and maybe better himself even more defensively playing with veterans like that who know the systems.

I also like Clarkson to be in a top 3 line role again, so that might happen IF the devils move zubrus or rolston to open up cap space, which is the rumors these days. He may even be a good fit with parise/zajac as he plays a grinding type of game as well. Clarkson showed some good skills 2 seasons ago playing on the top 3 lines but took a step back last year with inconsistency. He did play well at times with josefson/tedenby though.

With that being said, I can see the coach giving kovi-zajac-parise a shot together. They played very well in the preseason together but started the season off slow. Parise's injury did not help that, but Kovi did play with Zajac for most of the year so maybe they can pull it altogether.

Defensively, the Devils have A LOT of young prospects, may soon be time to see some veterans go. I like Volchenkov to stay as he is still young and a hard hitter, but I don't see much room for Tallinder and White in the coming years.

I put Fayne with Tallinder as they played very well the second half together, but I could also see Tallinder playing with Larsson as they are both Swedish and Tallinder has had some success the past 2 seasons playing with rookies. First with Myers in buffalo, then with Fayne last year.

I picked Fayne because he showed a lot of promise and maturity last season. We all have to expect white/volchenkov/tallinder/greene/larsson (if signed) to play. The 6th spot has a lot of possibilities. A lot of people loved Taormina before the injury, and a lot of people love what Urbom is showing and claims he has a good chance at making the opening night roster. But, how do you put out a guy like Fayne who was with the Devils the majority of the year and became a real solid player?

Then you have newly required Noreau, who has shown to be a great minor league player looking to break out in the NHL and Fraser, who is a tough guy but has played a few games the last couple years in the NHL with the Devils. Let's not forget about Corrente as well, many people think he has a good shot as making the team as well. He too has NHL experience in the last couple years and can play a tough physical role.

Devil's needed defense, so they worked on it. Merill will be a pro in a couple years and he has a good shot at making it similar to Larsson, when he wants to. To me, it's time for the Devil's to start trading some prospects. Thinking of the future of the Devils defense, all the players under 30 include:
-volchenkov
-greene
-larsson
-fayne
-urbom
-taormina
-merill
-corrente
-fraser
-noreau

It's a tough decision on who to keep, but I think keeping a guy like Fraser or Corrente is a MUST because they have NHL experience and they will fill in the tough guy stay at home defensemen that White will leave behind.

It will be interesting seeing what happens to that many promising prospects, time to start looking for a new franchise goaltender and use some of them to get him.

The Devil's need to clear cap space but they may just hold out this year and get some big contracts off the books. The future looks promising though.

Parisefan09
07-05-2011, 10:46 AM
I agree 100% we went out and got some real talent on the back end and now its time to make decisions on all of them. It's no good to us to have all of these potential NHL defensman playing in the AHL trade some of themi n the next coming years and end up with a solid defence core for the future. The only way we can get back to being a cup contender year after year is with solid dmen.

Dman in 2 yrs??
Larsson
Merill
Greene
Volchenkov
Taoromina
Fayne
(Urbom and Noreau healthy scrathes for injury)