PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy?

txravis12
02-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Am I really as crazy as everyone seems to think? I was on a local sportscasting channel and they asked me for my predictions for the playoffs including seeding, and who won by round. When I showed them my updated playoff bracket with the devils losing the Stanley cup to Detroit I was ripped a new one. However I stood by my opinion. In the 30 remaining games I feel the devils only need 45 pts to grab the 8th seed leaving them being able to finish 22-7-1 and getting in,imo. Yes I know it's a long shot but as a flyers fan I've come to respect the ability of lemaire and marty. And I will never under estimate them. Anyway let me know what you guys think.

TRUTH-TELLER
02-06-2011, 10:02 AM
devils are looking at the #1 or #2 pick overall...no playoffs

next year they need a

new goalie
new coach
a stud d-man
young legs (out rolston,elias,arnott)

they are rebuilding which is good

txravis12
02-06-2011, 10:10 AM

next year they need a

new goalie
new coach
a stud d-man

You make it seem like the devils aren't trying to win... Sounds a little weird for a team not trying to be, I believe. 6-1-2 in there last 9 games..... At that pace over the final 30 games they'd be approx. 20-4-6 giving them the 45pts necessary to make the playoffs as the 8th seed.

theciveng
02-06-2011, 06:56 PM
yes they are playing really well. I think they will make the playoffs because they are playing the best right now and they still have many games remaining against the teams they need to pass. Its really weird how its turned out. as of right now they are 16 points back of CAR for the 8 spot. They play them 3 times in these next 2 weeks, so they can actually cut it down to 10 points in the next 2 weeks, coming down the stretch that would mean they would only need to win 5 more games in the last 20 games then CAR. If Car goes 10-10 the devils would need to go 15-5. Obviously thats if the 3 games are won, but even if they are not won its not as impossible as it once seemed that the devils make it in. And if they make it in, i would be scared to verse them in the playoffs

sportzkid1503
02-07-2011, 12:13 AM

next year they need a

new goalie
new coach
a stud d-man

yeah dump possibly the best goaltender ever and trade the best devil forward ever. and theyre still showing theyve got some left in the tank. were finally showing that were a good team. it was maclean. since hes left we look like a different team. people forget how good we can be. weve beaten everybody except florida lately. elias and brodeur will and should be devils until they retire. and im not throwing the season in the toilet until were declared out of the playoffs.

TRUTH-TELLER
02-07-2011, 11:13 AM
yeah dump possibly the best goaltender ever and trade the best devil forward ever. and theyre still showing theyve got some left in the tank. were finally showing that were a good team. it was maclean. since hes left we look like a different team. people forget how good we can be. weve beaten everybody except florida lately. elias and brodeur will and should be devils until they retire. and im not throwing the season in the toilet until were declared out of the playoffs.

not saying dump marty i am saying he is very old for a goalie and has never been known for his fitness. the clock is ticking on him. it's time to start bringing a young guy along and let marty show him the ropes.

elias MAY have 2 years left in him.

If i was lou lams I would look to rebuild...you can't reload on an old team you just delay the rebuilding.

Bricklayer
02-08-2011, 11:45 AM

Sports franchises who get all sentimental with aging players get left behind. It's not nice to say, but there is little room for loyalty in this business.

Look at the Leafs for example. They kept Mats Sundin to try and perserve his "legacy" by not trading the guy while he was still effective. They turned down packages of young talent and draft picks just to see the guy walk in free agency. That decision put the team back 5 years.

I respect everything Marty and Patty have done over the years, both have been tremendous players. That being said, if Lou gets the opportunity to dump 12 million of the payroll while recieving high picks, he'd be crazy not to do it. Like it or not, this team has some serious issues, and memories and nostalgia won't get us anywhere.

benzni
02-09-2011, 02:28 PM

next year they need a

new goalie
new coach
a stud d-man

Your an idiot. Lemaire is a good coach first of all and secondly Elias is one of our best players. GTFO bandwagoner

cubsbears1225
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I just saw that Parise doesnt want to sign a long term deal with the Devils. Would you guys trade Parise for Kane straight up?

txravis12
02-11-2011, 06:33 AM
As of now the devils are 13 pts out of the 8 spot.

iamgointowin
02-11-2011, 11:43 AM
F all the Devs haters, We are going to the Playoffs, best comeback in Sports HISTORY!!

theciveng
02-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I just saw that Parise doesnt want to sign a long term deal with the Devils. Would you guys trade Parise for Kane straight up?

where did you hear this?

Temper
02-13-2011, 12:58 AM
They won't make it to the playoffs, your not crazy. But if it happens, that will be Crazy.

:D

txravis12
02-22-2011, 12:35 AM
10 pts back. won their last 7 in a row.
stil more than 20 games remaining. goodluck new jersey... however im personally rooting against you guys, seeing if you make the playoffs you will be a very scary team to face.

Thumper 88
02-22-2011, 08:15 PM
10 pts back. won their last 7 in a row.
stil more than 20 games remaining. goodluck new jersey... however im personally rooting against you guys, seeing if you make the playoffs you will be a very scary team to face.

Yeah I bet the Flyers, Pens, and Caps are praying to the hockey gods that the devils dont make it. For the Devils to make it they have to keep up this amazing pace. And if the devils make the playoffs they will be on one the hottest winning streak the hockey world has seen in the last decade. LOTS OF IF's. But its possible!

Thumper 88
02-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Why do the admins allow this stuff to be posted...

Metsfan98
03-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Your not crazy. But i doubt the Devils will make the playoffs.

txravis12
03-17-2011, 07:52 AM
devils are currently 6 pts out of the 8 seed.... still have 13 games remaining.

commonsense12
03-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Am I really as crazy as everyone seems to think? I was on a local sportscasting channel and they asked me for my predictions for the playoffs including seeding, and who won by round. When I showed them my updated playoff bracket with the devils losing the Stanley cup to Detroit I was ripped a new one. However I stood by my opinion. In the 30 remaining games I feel the devils only need 45 pts to grab the 8th seed leaving them being able to finish 22-7-1 and getting in,imo. Yes I know it's a long shot but as a flyers fan I've come to respect the ability of lemaire and marty. And I will never under estimate them. Anyway let me know what you guys think.

It appears you were crazy and you prob deserved the ripping you got.

benzni
03-23-2011, 09:28 PM

gtfo

:bla::offtopic:

txravis12
03-27-2011, 03:26 AM

yep. i know. lol, i was one of the 1st 10 people in the hockey world getting on the devils making the playoffs bandwagon this year, so i can honestly say, it was all me. i didn't follow anyone else.

now this is my congratulations devils you learned alot about your team, you still need a puck moving dman or 2, and a scoring winger. but this team is close. congrats on your epic run. now let parise walk away please so we can trade away versteeg and carle in the offseason and make room for him : )

goodluck next season (wish us luck in the playoffs please, we'll need it)

commonsense12
05-10-2011, 09:00 PM
yep. i know. lol, i was one of the 1st 10 people in the hockey world getting on the devils making the playoffs bandwagon this year, so i can honestly say, it was all me. i didn't follow anyone else.

now this is my congratulations devils you learned alot about your team, you still need a puck moving dman or 2, and a scoring winger. but this team is close. congrats on your epic run. now let parise walk away please so we can trade away versteeg and carle in the offseason and make room for him : )

goodluck next season (wish us luck in the playoffs please, we'll need it)

Nothing wrong with getting pumped up about your team. Its the classic sometimes you are right and are flying and sometimes you are wrong and eat crow. Thats what makes being a fan so much fun.

Good luck next year and hopefully we see each other in the playoffs, its much more exciting that way IMO.