PDA

View Full Version : Kovalchuk: I told (Avery) to zip it

OneTuzSea
09-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Yes, Devils wing Ilya Kovalchuk did make a gesture with his hand toward his mouth during his exchange of words with Rangers’ pest Sean Avery when the two were on their respective benches in the third period. But it was not the throat slashing gesture that earned Blackhawks defenseman Nick Boynton a one-game regular season suspension earlier this week.

“I just told him to zip it,” Kovalchuk said after the Devils’ 5-4 overtime loss to the Rangers tonight. “I didn’t tell him I will kill him, so don’t suspend me.”

Rangers coach John Tortorella confirmed that Kovalchuk made a “zip your lip” motion and Avery himself said Kovalchuk should not be suspended for whatever gesture he made.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. I saw the whole thing,” Tortorella said. :It was just shut your mouth. There was no slash.”

Not that Kovalchuk was worried about the league looking at it and considering a suspension.

More.. (http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/kovalchuk_i_told_avery_to_zip_it/)

Wow I cannot wait for the season to start. Screw the winter classic, HBO should do special about this rivarly. :clap:

Freekshow187187
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Kovy is great!! But they did show it and clearly did not make any throat slash gesture he was clearly say zip it

TRUTH-TELLER
10-03-2010, 06:42 AM
suspended for a gesture? what are we in 3rd grade?

the nhl is so lame...thanks bettman

Freekshow187187
10-03-2010, 06:33 PM
You can't do it in any sport for like a couple of years now