PDA

View Full Version : Kaberle or Kovalchuk

McJoe
08-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Who would you guys rather the Devils go after, Tomas Kaberle or retaining Ilya Kovalchuk. Kovie's contract likely costs a similar amount as the last one while reports indicate that Kaberle will now cost prospects and/or picks rather than a top 6 forward or another roster player as previously stated. Burke would then flip those specs in another deal for a top 6 forward.

With Kaberle you get a really good puck moving defenceman who can change the whole dynamic of the Devils offence while not losing anything on defence. Kaberle makes Paul Martin's puck moving ability look like a minor leaguers.

With Kovalchuk the Devils get to hang on to their big deadline acquisition and keep together an offence that on paper looks to be among the best in the league.

So who would you rather have. Kovie or Kabby.

Do0msday
08-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I say Kovalchuk. One reason is that I don't think we saw what he's truly capable of doing. He came in 1/2 way through the season and I think he was afraid of stepping on anyone's toes and such. People say he was greedy and selfish...I think it was the exact opposite. He was too afraid of keeping the puck and kept dishing it off to others. The second reason is just out of principle. Call me stubborn if you will...but we had him locked up and it was rejected by the arbitrator. I just want him locked up as a matter of principle. I hate how the deal was rejected, yet other teams were able to 'exploit' the loophole. So out of pure stubbornness I want him back.

BossMagglio
08-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Both.

Bricklayer
08-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Kaberle for me, no question.

joepfarley
08-13-2010, 09:51 PM
I think the devils should trade Parise for Kaberle and try to sign Kovlachoke for a zillion dollars.

Robbw241
08-13-2010, 10:01 PM
lol^

Confusious
08-14-2010, 02:15 AM
'Chuk.

Kaberle would be nice, but he is not a top five defenseman in this league. Kovalchuk IS a top five forward.

Case closed.

Freekshow187187
08-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Agree