PDA

View Full Version : Devils sign Johan Hedberg

NJDEVS24
07-01-2010, 05:38 PM
We needed a backup goalie and we got him. This could have something to do with kovalchuk, being that they were teammates on the thrashers. Devils are also still very much in on Kovalchuk according to Lou.

http://twitter.com/Jay_Grossman

Ziggy82789
07-01-2010, 05:55 PM
This is a nice pickup for the devils. Hopefully Brodeur and Hedberg will split time, with bordeur playing around 60 games giving him rest and by playing Hedberg more he will still be able to be sharp in net. Then hopefully come playoffs, Brodeur will be healthy and fully rested.

Do0msday
07-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I really like this move, a lot. I didn't hate Yann Danis that much, but this is definitely a better fit in terms of skill and depth. We've been doing a better job shoring up our backups lately. First it was Weekes, then Danis, and now Hedberg. Getting better each year. I do like this move a lot

blueman2424
07-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I really like this move, a lot. I didn't hate Yann Danis that much, but this is definitely a better fit in terms of skill and depth. We've been doing a better job shoring up our backups lately. First it was Weekes, then Danis, and now Hedberg. Getting better each year. I do like this move a lot

You said it. I'm not one of those, "Brodeur is done. TRADE HIM!" type of people, but no one can deny he's getting older and backup is never a bad thing.

Here's to a good season from both of them...

Do0msday
07-02-2010, 12:20 PM
You said it. I'm not one of those, "Brodeur is done. TRADE HIM!" type of people, but no one can deny he's getting older and backup is never a bad thing.

Here's to a good season from both of them...

Only an idiot would trade Brodeur. Yeah, he's older, but he's also the greatest goaltender of all time. He's the face of the franchise and will go down as the greatest Devils player of all time. We'd trade him because he had a few rough playoff games? There are tons of stellar players who've disappeared in the playoffs at times. He's getting old, but it's not like he's an unproductive player or anything. He's still great, but does need more rest than before so he doesn't get worn out ... thus this is a great signing. I think Hedberg could get maybe 20 starts this season to keep Marty fresh. But those that want to trade Marty. PFT.

NewJerseyIsReal
07-18-2010, 11:01 PM
The New Jersey Devils have signed Goaltender Dan Blackburn to a 2 year- two way deal. This appears to be a depth move.
- More details to come.