PDA

View Full Version : Derek Anderson to meet with Cards today

CaliDevil71
03-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Quarterback Derek Anderson, released by the Cleveland Browns this week, is scheduled to be in Tempe to meet with the Cardinals on Friday.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4984853

Think this would be a pretty decent pick up. He is an All-Pro QB and can do some damage with the right players around him (i.e. his Pro-Bowl year).

What are your thoughts.

Kinsm
03-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm not a AZ fan, but I feel for all of you if AZ signs this scrub. He could very well be the worst qb ever to have a thousand pass attempts. Anderson never had a good year, he had 3 good games in 2007 (CIN-MIA-STL where he had a QB rat of 130 and went 56 for 83 for 821 yards, 11, td's and 1 interception), the rest of that season he had a QB rat of 72 and for some reason was named a second alternate injury fill in for the pro bowl and was awarded with an outrageous contract from CLE's dysfunctional front office. Take away those three games and his career nfl QB rating is a ridiculously low 64 (completion percentage = 52%).

He should be sitting at home on his couch this year.

jimmybrown32
03-12-2010, 12:55 PM
as a browns fan i liked him a lot. i think he should still be there but stone hands braylon edwards couldn't catch squat and the fans wanted the home town kid brady play.

prodigy
03-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Well he has horrible aim and makes bad decisions. You can't blame that on other players. he might be a good backup.

He only had 8 good games in 2007. The second half of season sucked.

VJ18
03-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Well he has horrible aim and makes bad decisions. You can't blame that on other players. he might be a good backup.

He only had 8 good games in 2007. The second half of season sucked.

if yur speaking about Leinhart then yes your totally right, Anderson is a good qb all he needs is a line and a few Wr's and giving him a beaston and fitzgerald could bring him back to being good

Ramon Nivar
03-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Meh, it wouldn't be bad because it would give Leinart some competition. The job would still go to the best player so even if Anderson is one of the worst QB's ever like everyone is saying he'd only be relevant if Leinart is too.

sirfreshness
03-13-2010, 08:07 PM
It wouldnt be the worst signing in the world. I mean he would only see action if Leinart completely craps his pants. He would be better than a 5th round rookie. Im not a fan of his, always thought people were out of their mind to think he was worth that contract or the draft picks the Browns were asking for a couple seasons ago, but at the same time he really didnt have much around him. Even Manning, Brady, Brees, Farve, or Warner would have looked bad on those Browns teams. They had hardly any skills players and their O-line was atrocious. Would be a good signing for depth and experience i guess, not much is really out there.

sirfreshness
03-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Well i guess its official Anderson signed with us today. Not jump at you great move but another solid deal by the FO. At least we didnt give up a 3rd rounder for an unproven 27 year old (whitehurst)

Patrick Bateman
03-17-2010, 05:26 PM
He just signed, great move Cardinals fans!!!

Kinsm
12-01-2010, 11:47 AM
^I just have to reiterate my earlier thoughts....he sucks @**.