PDA

View Full Version : Cards Future: Uphill or Downhill

Ferro21
01-16-2010, 11:38 PM
As a diehard Cards fan I wanted to address a few things about their performance today as well as some concerns I have for their future.

1. My biggest concern with the game is Antrel Rolle. We are in a playoff game and when the score is 21-14 he comes out with a "headache." Next play is a flea-flicker bomb that results in a touchdown and we all know the rest goes downhill from there. I am just disappointed because his contract is up and I don't even know if we should send the money on him. If you're playing in perhaps your last game as a Cardinal and a playoff game and you come out with a headache, then in my opinion you better be sitting on the bench and not talking if it is truly bothering you that much.

2. How in the world do we give up 90 points in two games and expect to win. We have people like Dockett, Dansby, Wilson, Cromartie, and Rolle, so I just don't understand it. Unacceptable in my opinion.

3. Bryant McFadden has been the biggest disappointment to me all year. We were supposed to be getting a "steal" with this guy. He has been pathetic. He plays the reciever and not the ball. I have been seeing him get picked on, so if there are and Pittsburg fans that can explain to me if he was always this bad or just is not mentally there that would be great. I hope we can get at last one more strong player in our secondary on top of signing some of our key free agents.

4. Kurt Warner is coming back. He's due to make 10 million dollars and he is still playing at a very high level. What I saw today was an offensive line that couldn't even give the guy two seconds.

5. Matt Leinart is a BUST. He does not have what it takes to play at a high level. Please trade him to Oakland for a 2nd and 4th round pick. Or maybe if Al Davis is crazy enough a 1st ! Haha, we just need to get something for him.

6. Anquan Boldin. I love the way this guy plays. However, the Bidwills are cheap and are not going to give him a new contract, therefore we need to trade him. I think we need at least a 2nd and 4th for him, or a solid player and and a 4th pick. I think we will be fine with Fitz, Breaston, and Doucet. We then need to draft one more decent reciever because Urban is horrible.

7. Key free agents. Rolle and Dansby are free agents and it looks like we definitely won't be able to sign Dansby with the uncapped year and the Bidwills as our owner. Who can we get to replace him ? Should we be too concerned being that our defense has given up 90 points in the last two games ? Who can we get to replace them, and make our D stronger ?

8. Darnell Dockett says he's going to hold out. I don't see this as much of a problem being that he is under contract for 3 more years, but I think we give him a small little bonus to make him happy. He is a leader for our defense and I would like to see him be that leader for many more years to come.

9. Coach Whiz. Why in the world have we not signed him to a deal. He has one year left on his contract and I do not know why we are waiting to give him an extension. He is the reason why we are what we are today, so give the man an extension !

10. These are some things I am concerned about. I hope the Cards can keep contending for many years to come, but I am just a little worried about how they are going to do things this offseason. Hopefully the Bidwills will actually open up their wallets and bring us another contending team next year.

Romo2Bryant
01-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Not even a Cardinals fan, but damn good post.

desertrat218
01-17-2010, 10:16 PM
I wish I was as confident about Kurt Warner returning because Matt Leinart will never amount to anything in the NFL. Maybe the Cards could trade to get his college backup...Matt Cassel!

Ramon Nivar
01-17-2010, 11:02 PM
As a diehard Cards fan I wanted to address a few things about their performance today as well as some concerns I have for their future.

1. My biggest concern with the game is Antrel Rolle. We are in a playoff game and when the score is 21-14 he comes out with a "headache." Next play is a flea-flicker bomb that results in a touchdown and we all know the rest goes downhill from there. I am just disappointed because his contract is up and I don't even know if we should send the money on him. If you're playing in perhaps your last game as a Cardinal and a playoff game and you come out with a headache, then in my opinion you better be sitting on the bench and not talking if it is truly bothering you that much.

2. How in the world do we give up 90 points in two games and expect to win. We have people like Dockett, Dansby, Wilson, Cromartie, and Rolle, so I just don't understand it. Unacceptable in my opinion.

3. Bryant McFadden has been the biggest disappointment to me all year. We were supposed to be getting a "steal" with this guy. He has been pathetic. He plays the reciever and not the ball. I have been seeing him get picked on, so if there are and Pittsburg fans that can explain to me if he was always this bad or just is not mentally there that would be great. I hope we can get at last one more strong player in our secondary on top of signing some of our key free agents.

4. Kurt Warner is coming back. He's due to make 10 million dollars and he is still playing at a very high level. What I saw today was an offensive line that couldn't even give the guy two seconds.

5. Matt Leinart is a BUST. He does not have what it takes to play at a high level. Please trade him to Oakland for a 2nd and 4th round pick. Or maybe if Al Davis is crazy enough a 1st ! Haha, we just need to get something for him.

6. Anquan Boldin. I love the way this guy plays. However, the Bidwills are cheap and are not going to give him a new contract, therefore we need to trade him. I think we need at least a 2nd and 4th for him, or a solid player and and a 4th pick. I think we will be fine with Fitz, Breaston, and Doucet. We then need to draft one more decent reciever because Urban is horrible.

7. Key free agents. Rolle and Dansby are free agents and it looks like we definitely won't be able to sign Dansby with the uncapped year and the Bidwills as our owner. Who can we get to replace him ? Should we be too concerned being that our defense has given up 90 points in the last two games ? Who can we get to replace them, and make our D stronger ?

8. Darnell Dockett says he's going to hold out. I don't see this as much of a problem being that he is under contract for 3 more years, but I think we give him a small little bonus to make him happy. He is a leader for our defense and I would like to see him be that leader for many more years to come.

9. Coach Whiz. Why in the world have we not signed him to a deal. He has one year left on his contract and I do not know why we are waiting to give him an extension. He is the reason why we are what we are today, so give the man an extension !

10. These are some things I am concerned about. I hope the Cards can keep contending for many years to come, but I am just a little worried about how they are going to do things this offseason. Hopefully the Bidwills will actually open up their wallets and bring us another contending team next year.

1. I hate Rolle. I'm a fan of not bringing him back.

2. I think Cards need a pass rush. Campbell and Dockett are complete monsters but the OLB's aren't doing anything near what 3-4 OLB's should be doing. Biggest reason Cards need Warner back is so they don't have to touch QB in the draft and can use that 1st pick on a LT or pass rushing OLB. Then also avoid that huge QB contract and be able to pay Dansby.

3. There is a reason the Steelers let him go, and it wasn't because his back-ups were that good. :sigh:

4. 4 Million, not 10. He got paid 19 Million this season.

5. Refer HERE (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442105) for my opinion on loLeinart

6. Doucet proved to be a skilled receiver lately, proving Boldin is expendable with someone like Dansby needing the money. I agree. Sell Boldin now.

7. I don't see anyone out there who can do what he does.

8. Hopefully Dockett stays. He is the second best player on the D and impossible to lose.

9. Wow, that is insane. I didn't know that. We need to give him like a 7 year extension.

sirfreshness
01-17-2010, 11:57 PM

1. Im sure Rolle was thinking awe jeez I am not playing because of my lil headache. That really helps his desire to make more money on his next contract. We had been lucky to avoid injury all season and we just happened to fall apart at the wrong time. Rolle, DRC, Campbell and other all dealt with injuries the past 2 weeks.

2. Like I said too many injuries at the wrong time, plus not enough depth.

3. McFadden has been terrible, I completely agree. I will be excited to watch Toler to continue to develop opposite DRC.

4. I figure KW is coming back as well, he will never have that kind of money and talent there for his taking. At least thats what I thought before the McCray pummeling now I am just wishing we dont get left with Matt.

5. You cant make that claim on Leinart yet, but its not looking good.

6. Q will be traded this offseason. Breston and Doucet can fill in just fine especially with the way Whiz wants to run his offense (more run first). Plus the money we would give him could be used to lock up other players in an area of more need like LB, DB, OL. We could really use the extra picks.

7. Everyone keeps talking about this upcapped year but there are few owners willing to dish out the big money. If we let the situation play out we Dansby might see making all that money isnt so fun if you play on a terrible team.

8. 9-oh will come to play just like the rest of them, he can cry but in the end he will show up because by not showing he makes nothing. I see him being the one the owners make a long-term deal with.

9. They dont want to hold a tough line with the players then turn around and change their views on contract negotiations to resign our coach. He will be resigned in the end though.

10. We gotta believe they will draft well, especially with the picks we could get back from a Q trade. Dont worry about the future so much appreciate what we have had the past two years.

Bonus: Remember our 2nd round pick last year? Cody Brown? Yeah he was injured all year so basically we will be getting an extra player heading into next year. I still think the future is bright, gotta trust Whizenhunt.

jd_azsportsfan
01-18-2010, 05:10 AM
Die hard cards fan here

1. I like Rolle but hes not a top saftey so dont give him top money

2 I like Dansby but he is overated so franchise tag him and trad while his stock is high

3 I hope Warner returnes

4 Boldin is likely gone i love the way he plays but Docet is gonna be a good wr

5. Get a futre QB threw trade(KOLB) or draft (McCOY)

6. Draft a good pass rusher to compliment Dockett and Campbell

7. Extend Dockett

8. Extend Whiz

9. Start Greg Toiler oppiset DRC

10. Let Gandy walk cause Brigges is just as good but less money

thoughts???
am i forgetting anything???