PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Marty for Breaking Shutout Record

Nascar-NJDevils
12-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Congrats to Martin Brodeur for your 104th career shutout passing Terry Sawchuk as the all time leader. Gotta give props to the Pens fans who gave him a standing ovation after he broke the records. Very classy fans.:clap:

NJDev7
12-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Hell yeah!! Best goaltender ever!! :clap::clap:

Bricklayer
12-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Class act, best ever.

TheFinishFlash
12-22-2009, 05:36 AM
It brought a tear to my eye, Brodeur is the most complete player in the NHL ! not because of his records , it has more to do with the respect the fans have for him . In any building...
Congrats Marty,the day you retire , the NHL will not be the same place...

DevsYanksJets
12-22-2009, 05:47 AM
And he did it against a team with so much fire power too. He really is the class of the NHL and I hate to imagine a league without him. Congrats Marty!!!

Jersey Mike
12-22-2009, 06:32 AM
It brought a tear to my eye, Brodeur is the most complete player in the NHL ! not because of his records , it has more to do with the respect the fans have for him . In any building...Congrats Marty,the day you retire , the NHL will not be the same place...

have you not been to a game at the garden or a devils rangers game at the rock!?! classless ranger fans have absolutely NO respect for the true king of the pipes...

Jersey Mike
12-22-2009, 06:33 AM
way to go marty you certainly are #1!!!

Lakrisal
12-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Absolutely amazing record. There's nothing to say but congratulations Marty, you are the best the game has ever seen.

I'm so glad I switched over to the Devils - Pens game after the Rangers finished theirs. Watching the final seconds and then realizing you just watched NHL history be made, wow.

Congratulations again Marty, way to go.

Freekshow187187
12-22-2009, 10:52 AM
have you not been to a game at the garden or a devils rangers game at the rock!?! classless ranger fans have absolutely NO respect for the true king of the pipes...

i say let them have the king, we have the God of the pipes. Congrats to the greatest ever goalie, and in my opinion, an hockey immortal right up there with rocket richard gordie howe bobby orr wayne gretzkey and to me martin, the man, brodeur

friarfan07
12-22-2009, 01:50 PM
there comes a time when words simply no longer do justice to one's achievements. i feel marty has long since reached that status, but if ever one were to question it, they ought not question it after last night.

most wins. most game played. most shutouts. 3 cups. RIDICULOUS. and newsflash...he's far from done. if things go as they are, he could be here for 5 more years, playing at the top of his game still. the system in place, his own health/skill, and the quality of his teammates make longevity more than a realistic possibility for him.

and this is what really makes me proud of him, the team, and my status as a diehard fan since i was 11...it was a TEAM effort. did you see the way guys were willing to do anything in their power to block shots, clear the zone, freeze the puck, whatever? just so their teammate could add yet another legendary accomplishment to his already legendary resume.

it would be an honor enough to watch this guy achieve all he has, even if for another team all this time. that's how much he's transcending the goaltender position and the sport of hockey in general. so how much prouder should we be that his ENTIRE CAREER and ALL HIS ACHIEVEMENTS have come as a member of the new jersey devils, i.e. our team? simply amazing.

these are the events and emotions that make sports mean something more than physical competion, IMO at least. so proud of this team. :cry:

:D

PlumCherry
12-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Hell yeah!! Best goaltender ever!! :clap::clap:

Agreed.. I found an interview of him talking about breaking the record and hes so calm about it it looks like he doesn't even think its a big deal! http://www.msg.com/devils/devils-postgame.html

pf289
12-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Congrats to Marty an the NJ fans. Thank the lord he did it against the Pens an not us. mwhahaha

kmo429
12-22-2009, 04:35 PM
:clap: what a career and he still has a few years left, congrats to him, greatest goalie ever.

Jersey Mike
12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
there comes a time when words simply no longer do justice to one's achievements. i feel marty has long since reached that status, but if ever one were to question it, they ought not question it after last night.

most wins. most game played. most shutouts. 3 cups. RIDICULOUS. and newsflash...he's far from done. if things go as they are, he could be here for 5 more years, playing at the top of his game still. the system in place, his own health/skill, and the quality of his teammates make longevity more than a realistic possibility for him.

and this is what really makes me proud of him, the team, and my status as a diehard fan since i was 11...it was a TEAM effort. did you see the way guys were willing to do anything in their power to block shots, clear the zone, freeze the puck, whatever? just so their teammate could add yet another legendary accomplishment to his already legendary resume.

it would be an honor enough to watch this guy achieve all he has, even if for another team all this time. that's how much he's transcending the goaltender position and the sport of hockey in general. so how much prouder should we be that his ENTIRE CAREER and ALL HIS ACHIEVEMENTS have come as a member of the new jersey devils, i.e. our team? simply amazing.

these are the events and emotions that make sports mean something more than physical competion, IMO at least. so proud of this team. :cry:

:D

and ya know what has me scratching my head??? I see on BSPN that jimmy johnson wins the AP sportsman of the year for driving around in a circle...I'm not trying to bash the guy but marty has made history...kinda hard to think that there is another goalie able to catch his records in our lifetime and they award the sportsman of the year to johnson??? WOW...

NJDev7
12-22-2009, 07:12 PM
104 and 552 are two of the best numbers out there lol.

Freekshow187187
12-23-2009, 10:41 AM
and ya know what has me scratching my head??? I see on BSPN that jimmy johnson wins the AP sportsman of the year for driving around in a circle...I'm not trying to bash the guy but marty has made history...kinda hard to think that there is another goalie able to catch his records in our lifetime and they award the sportsman of the year to johnson??? WOW...

sorry no driver should win "SPORTS"man of the year. especially with a goalie like marty breaking records all this year.

DevsYanksJets
12-23-2009, 01:42 PM

Yeah because ESPN doesn't like hockey. I don't even give a crap about there opinion anymore its all garbage anyway.

DevsYanksJets
12-23-2009, 01:52 PM

Ask a Ranger fan who's a real hockey fan and they will tell you they above all know how great he is. My brother is a Ranger fan and naturally we argue about this stuff and I remember when we were little and he used to tell me "Brodeur is your whole team!". He admits he's the best ever. He knows it. Because he's a real hockey fan and any other would there's no denying it. We as Devils fans scream hey you suck at a goalie who just made a mistake at his job in front of 160000 people screaming at him while a big red light flashes in his face. Thats the way it is at games.

I think Langenbrunner said it best it was something along the lines of. (When talking about the great defense and defensive system this and that) "Gretzky played on great offensive teams does that make his records less special?" Sorry thats not an exact quote but it was something very similar and this is off the top of my head. So who's better? Roy? Marty broke his records already Sawchuck? Broke his records also. And the worst arguments of all is that he played on a defensive team with a great D. But Marty stuck with the Devils his whole career BY CHOICE. Roy left the Canadiens because his coach let him stay in net after giving up 3 goals after that he DEMANDED a trade. Marty could've left and gotten some ridiculous contract elsewhere if he wanted to but he stayed with the Devils and stuck by them, and if it was a result of his D then I credit him for having the common sense for staying behind that D because in the record books it just says Martin Brodeur. Not Martin Brodeur AND COMPANY.

Marty has had 40 save shutouts before. The talent is definitely there and him staying healthy is not through lack of work because we've seen him stand on his head before. He obviously takes care of himself no matter how much weight he gains or loses over the course of a year I'm sure the guy and The Devils know what they're doing.

Martin Brodeur all time greatest goalie I don't care who's close or who couldn't stay healthy or who didn't have the D.

And Friar don't forget those 4 vezinas. :D

DevilTime
01-26-2010, 11:08 PM
My favorite goalie out ther way to go Martin

NJDev7
01-27-2010, 03:37 PM
I agree DevilTime. Hope we see more of you around here.