PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Trades(For fun)

AMoginly89
12-07-2009, 06:28 PM
This forum seems a little dead right now so I figured this would spark some interest.

If you were Lou what deals would you make this season going into the trading deadline?

One deal I would make is

NJ:
Mottau
Peters
3rd round pick

ANA:
Scott Niedermayer

I don't know if Anaheim would be down for that but I would make that trade. Mottau has proved his worth thus far and I think ANA could use a tough guy like Peters plus another 3rd round pick could prove to be a gem for the Ducks.

NJ:
Colin White
Tim Sestito
Cash

NYI:
Matt Moulson
Bruno Gervais

(Devils need a scorer, Isles need D so it would benefit both teams)

NJ:
Colin White
Tyler Eckford
4th Round Pick

Edm:
Sheldon Souray
Andrew Cogliano

I know some of these seem stupid but it's just for fun.

NJDev7
12-07-2009, 07:13 PM
First off, we have like 10 pages of posts in the rolling game thread, so that's probably the reason why you think it's a little dead.

I really don't think that would be enough to get Scotty back. I would be all for getting him back in a Devils uniform, but sadly it would take much more than that and frankly, I don't see the need to sell away our future (which is most likely what it will take to acquire him, prospects) for one last hurrah and one run at the Cup. We actually have tons of good prospects in our system for once, and we have the best defense in the league as of now. I will admit that we could be serious contenders if we get Scott Niedermayer back, but I think it would cripple our system.

Also, Matt Moulson is incredibly hot right now and the Islanders probably wouldn't deal him. They stole him from the Kings and he is paying HUGE dividends. Also, I don't think there is a team in the league that would take Colin White's contract. Plus, how long can Moulson stay hot? Also, if you take him off the Isles, they have pretty low scoring.

The Souray trade I think could possibly happen. I like Cogliano from what I hear about him and it would always be nice to get a solid, top four defenseman to put us over the top. Plus, it would be kind of cool to see Souray back in New Jersey. But, I still don't like the idea of giving away some promising offensive defensemen, but we could win the Cup with that much depth. But again, who would take Colin White's contract.

I know this is just for fun, but I just felt like analyzing :P

NJDev7
12-07-2009, 07:21 PM
I say don't make any trades up until the deadline. I feel good about this team and maybe one deal will push us in the right direction. I feel we are doing good and I don't think Lou feels the need to address any issues as of late.

But, how about:

New Jersey Devils trade:
Ilkka Pikkaranien

Anaheim Ducks trade:
Scott Niedermayer
Teemu Selanne
Bobby Ryan
4 1st Round Draft Picks

Thoughts?? Anaheim gets the edge with this deal I think. They get a proven veteran scorer who is a constant 100 point threat. New Jersey got suckered with this one. :P

DevsYanksJets
12-07-2009, 09:06 PM
This forum seems a little dead right now so I figured this would spark some interest.

If you were Lou what deals would you make this season going into the trading deadline?

One deal I would make is

NJ:
Mottau
Peters
3rd round pick

ANA:
Scott Niedermayer

I don't know if Anaheim would be down for that but I would make that trade. Mottau has proved his worth thus far and I think ANA could use a tough guy like Peters plus another 3rd round pick could prove to be a gem for the Ducks.

NJ:
Colin White
Tim Sestito
Cash

NYI:
Matt Moulson
Bruno Gervais

NJ:
Colin White
Tyler Eckford
4th Round Pick

Edm:
Sheldon Souray
Andrew Cogliano

The Rolling game thread has this forum with more life than ever since I came to this site and all of these trades would be terrible/never work except for the last one which would be nice. But still would never work.

DevsYanksJets
12-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I say don't make any trades up until the deadline. I feel good about this team and maybe one deal will push us in the right direction. I feel we are doing good and I don't think Lou feels the need to address any issues as of late.

But, how about:

New Jersey Devils trade:
Ilkka Pikkaranien

Anaheim Ducks trade:
Scott Niedermayer
Teemu Selanne
Bobby Ryan
4 1st Round Draft Picks

Thoughts?? Anaheim gets the edge with this deal I think. They get a proven veteran scorer who is a constant 100 point threat. New Jersey got suckered with this one. :P

NO NO NO that would never work! Brian Burkes not the GM of the Ducks anymore :P

AMoginly89
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I said at the bottom they were stupid but it's just for fun and to make for conversation.

As for Matt Moulson I don't think he's a fluke this year. I have been watching him all season and he just seems to get even better each game. I think he has the potential to be a 30 goal scorer for the rest of his prime.

DevsYanksJets
12-08-2009, 01:43 AM
I know but A. The forum was not dead its the most active I'm pretty sure its ever been.
B. I highly doubt the Islanders are ever getting rid of Moulson with the way he is playing why would they?
And finally you made the trades somewhat logical like you actually thought they could work. NjDev made them ridiculous and funny yours were like half serious.

DevsYanksJets
12-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Speak of the Devil lol

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/131851-oilers-shopping-souray

kmo429
12-08-2009, 02:10 AM

One deal I would make is

NJ:
Mottau
Peters
3rd round pick

ANA:
Scott Niedermayer

NJ:
Colin White
Tim Sestito
Cash

NYI:
Matt Moulson
Bruno Gervais

NJ:
Colin White
Tyler Eckford
4th Round Pick

Edm:
Sheldon Souray
Andrew Cogliano

Maybe it is just for fun, go ahead and have fun, but all the non=devil gms would be on mad crack to accept these deals lol. Colin White is worth about a 3rd or 4th round picks alone, send a prospect and get a guy on pace for 40 goals, makes alot of sense. Send White for the pick, then send Peters and Mottau for NIedermayer, a top 10 dman in thhe nhl, yeah good luck. Dont get me wrong threads like these are fun and i like them, but those suggestions are way ridiculous lol if you want well give you moulson and gervais for parise

NJDev7
12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Speak of the Devil lol

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/131851-oilers-shopping-souray

I hope we don't get Souray back. 1. Souray is awful defensively (although he is pretty good defensively) 2. He is near the end of his career and is injury prone.

I think no trades until we need to address a hole in the line-up etc. Maybe a blockbuster deal for Niedermayer at the deadline? Idk, Martin and a 4th 5th rounder? I now it sounds pretty bogus, but Lou can pull anything off and has never ceased to surprise me. Also, Martin's contract is up after this year and you know he's going to be asking for at least 5 million which Lou won't be willing to give him.

AMoginly89
12-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Parise for Moulson and Gervias? Your on crack, Moulson has not proven he can do this every year and Gervais is mediocre at best. Parise is the best American player in the NHL, you'd have to offer up a lot more then that.

AMoginly89
12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
And no offense but this forum is dead compared to other forums. But I guess leave it to Devils fans to think 3 people posting is a packed house.

NJDev7
12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Dude, it's better than it was. Don't come on here and insult us. I'm all for a new member, but stop the fighting DevsYanksJets and AMogilny89. You've had tension since AMogilny89's first post.

DevsYanksJets
12-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Maybe it is just for fun, go ahead and have fun, but all the non=devil gms would be on mad crack to accept these deals lol. Colin White is worth about a 3rd or 4th round picks alone, send a prospect and get a guy on pace for 40 goals, makes alot of sense. Send White for the pick, then send Peters and Mottau for NIedermayer, a top 10 dman in thhe nhl, yeah good luck. Dont get me wrong threads like these are fun and i like them, but those suggestions are way ridiculous lol if you want well give you moulson and gervais for parise

Two things in no specific order. Parise is better than both of them and that deal would require Lou to be on MAD CRACK.

The second thing. If you must intrude our forum with your blasphemous homer babble please don't use the words MAD CRACK.

DevsYanksJets
12-08-2009, 06:22 PM
And no offense but this forum is dead compared to other forums. But I guess leave it to Devils fans to think 3 people posting is a packed house.

So hit the other forums tough guy. I come here to post about the Devils and fortunately since I've started there are more regulars. When I first started posting here under a different name there was no one posting daily. Not one person. Jersey Mike, Friar Fan and Bricklayer would poke there heads in about once every other week. So don't like it? Leave.

Cooz
12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
NJ:
Mottau
Peters
3rd round pick

ANA:
Scott Niedermayer

I'm just speechless. That's one of the most asinine trades I've ever heard. :crazy:

You'd be crazy not to make that trade if you're the Devs. You could make that trade in NHL'10 maybe but not in real life.

Bricklayer
12-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Easy gentleman, let's give the new guy a break. We'll never get any new members posting if we eat them alive as soon as they post.

As for trade ideas I like the idea of bringing Jason Arnott back since he is wasting away in Nashville.

How about Zubrus and Mottau for Arnott

Slide him in the Center spot between Elias and Bergfors...(or Clarkson when he's healthy)

DevsYanksJets
12-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Easy gentleman, let's give the new guy a break. We'll never get any new members posting if we eat them alive as soon as they post.

As for trade ideas I like the idea of bringing Jason Arnott back since he is wasting away in Nashville.

How about Zubrus and Mottau for Arnott

Slide him in the Center spot between Elias and Bergfors...(or Clarkson when he's healthy)

Or Elias and Rolston, both of them could use a good center so desperately! And as much as I like Mottau I LOVED Arnott when we had him and he as old as he's gotten is still an animal if only for the Predators. He looked great when we played the Preds.

NYNJ30
12-18-2009, 01:20 PM
The responses in here are the reason it's so hard to get more people posting. Maybe the trades aren't realistic, but there's a good way to go about analyzing/discussing them, and then there's the D-bag way. Instead of bashing him, why not answer his question with a realistic option?

And FYI...he's right, compared to the forums of other sports/teams, this one IS dead. There's no harm in trying to spark some interesting conversation.

NJDev7
12-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I agree with the bashing new members thing. Guys, we are never going to get new guys if we humiliate them and prove how idiotic the posts are. He even said it was just for fun, and he doesn't have a post since his last on this thread.

Although, I don't agree that it's as dead as it used to be, but he could always use new members.

kmo429
12-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Two things in no specific order. Parise is better than both of them and that deal would require Lou to be on MAD CRACK.

The second thing. If you must intrude our forum with your blasphemous homer babble please don't use the words MAD CRACK.

I guess sarcasm isn't accepted here, he made a stupid trade proposal so I did, simple logic lol, and the isles are rebuilding, why would we trade moulson or gervais anyway?