PDA

View Full Version : devs vs. pens

Jersey Mike
10-24-2009, 10:05 PM
That was a convincing whooping that we put on them fellows...took me completely by surprise!!!

1) goals were scored very unselfishly...how's about that bergfors there devsyanksjets??? hahaha just kidding...but the kid doesn't quit which was what I liked most about him...he takes a shot and then gets the rebound on a wraparound!!!

2) a shutout would have been nice but I'm gonna blame that one on whitey...that was his man down los while he stood next to marty...whitey's side and in the corner...marty deflected that puck into the closest corner as he should have and there was an open man there...

3) whitey has made some nice plays on breakaways this season...so far he has caught two from behind and tonight's breakaway wasn't on him...he was coming onto the ice...but then he makes a butthole play like that goal...

4) marty looked good, greene looked great...we were firing on all cylinders...

5) we held malkin to ZERO shots which is unbelievable...

what do you guys think???

bringbackNAMATH
10-24-2009, 10:37 PM
gotta be proud of this team thats all i can say. 5-0 on the road HUGE!!!

We are a really young too, promising for the future!

GO DEVS

Freekshow187187
10-25-2009, 12:06 AM
i was probaly expecting like most of us either a close game or the pens take it to us but we just outworked them and control them the whole game like jersey mike said we held malkin to zero shots that is sick and parise just seems to outworked everyone completely and what a sick backhander it was by him........AND HES ONLY A 86 IN NHL 10 BULLS**T!!!!!!!!!! oh sorry lol

DevsYanksJets
10-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Lol yes yes JerseyMike Bergfors is consistently making me look stupid (no objections as long as we win lol) I was at my girlfriends house watching the game and they scored and I was like YEAH ahhh and she was like what they scored!! I was just sitting there like now JerseyMikes gonna tell me he scored again lmao needless to say she was puzzled but his goal was awesome. As I was watching I was thinking what is he doing? And then he just took it to them I couldn't believe Bergfors was being so dynamic!

And did anybody see Langenbrunner today? He looked like he had jelly legs out there both teams seemed a little laggy but I noticed Langs the most I don't know why.

And as of right now I think Lemaire has to be one of the front runners for the Jack Adams he is making a whole lot of these guys and some of them didn't seem to have much to give.

DevsYanksJets
10-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Just went over to hockey futures and read up on Mark Fraser and Matt Corrente I think we might have a Daneyko and a Stevens coming down the pike!!

DevsYanksJets
10-25-2009, 02:38 AM
And lets PLEASE keep this board this active! :pray:

Bricklayer
10-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Just went over to hockey futures and read up on Mark Fraser and Matt Corrente I think we might have a Daneyko and a Stevens coming down the pike!!

Whoa slow down there, both players are solid young D-men, but lets not compare them to a hall of famer quite yet.

Team played great, they outworked the Pens for nearly 60 minutes.(Penguins coming off a back to back, but still) Clarkson is quickly becoming my favorite player. He is the epitome of what a hockey player is supposed to be, I'm pretty sure he is an RFA this offseason and teams will be looking to steal him no doubt. Marty played great, but he hasn't got a day off yet and that worries me. Eventually the Devils have got to play the back-up, they can't wear Marty out 1 month into the season. Other then that great game.

TheDetroitBlue
10-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey guys have not posted in this form for a while, but it was sure nice to see Marty, frustrate Sidney good game

Jersey Mike
10-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Lol yes yes JerseyMike Bergfors is consistently making me look stupid (no objections as long as we win lol) I was at my girlfriends house watching the game and they scored and I was like YEAH ahhh and she was like what they scored!! I was just sitting there like now JerseyMikes gonna tell me he scored again lmao needless to say she was puzzled but his goal was awesome. As I was watching I was thinking what is he doing? And then he just took it to them I couldn't believe Bergfors was being so dynamic!

And did anybody see Langenbrunner today? He looked like he had jelly legs out there both teams seemed a little laggy but I noticed Langs the most I don't know why.

And as of right now I think Lemaire has to be one of the front runners for the Jack Adams he is making a whole lot of these guys and some of them didn't seem to have much to give.

hahaha...yeah, I was thinking that when he scored as well...I thought "I know devs is watching this saying 'holy ****!'" It was a beaut!

and yeah fraser did play well against a good team! but andy greene has made some really nice plays and descisions with the puck in the games he has played...he seems to be the most surprising man on the defense...

If clarkson isn't looking for ridiculous ovechkin money (not that he will get it) I think lou will resign him...he has gotta wanna stay for a fair contract...he was raised here and is really getting a chance to showcase his talents...

kinda made me sad to hear Rupp's name called when he wasn't playing with us...I know we are doing fine without him, but I was always a Rupp fan!

yes, langs did look a little sluggish out there...and besides that one nice play from behind so did whitey...whitey has got to throw that enourmeous body of his around once in awhile...he plays the puck way too much for a defenseman his size! I do have to say that langs, parise, zubrus, clarkson and bergfors really won most of the battles along the boards and in the neutral zone with the puck and caused a lot of turnovers and helped us control the puck a lot...

I think that this forechecking and backchecking takes a lot of the load off the defense, which in turn takes some of it off marty...but marty did make a couple of spectacular moves in the crease last night including the one where his feet were on both pipes at the same time...

Jersey Mike
10-25-2009, 12:21 PM

if this is even remotely true we are money...

friarfan07
10-25-2009, 02:16 PM
wow. i watched the highlights and got chills.

i love this team.

DevsYanksJets
10-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Whoa slow down there, both players are solid young D-men, but lets not compare them to a hall of famer quite yet.

Team played great, they outworked the Pens for nearly 60 minutes.(Penguins coming off a back to back, but still) Clarkson is quickly becoming my favorite player. He is the epitome of what a hockey player is supposed to be, I'm pretty sure he is an RFA this offseason and teams will be looking to steal him no doubt. Marty played great, but he hasn't got a day off yet and that worries me. Eventually the Devils have got to play the back-up, they can't wear Marty out 1 month into the season. Other then that great game.

I only say that because Corrente's profile said this along with a pitbull style mentality

He loves to initiate contact and play physically. Corrente makes opponents think twice about crossing the blueline and when he hits, he hits hard and always finishes his checks.

And I said that about Fraser because they said

Standing at 6'4, and now weighing 210 lbs, Fraser brings a nice blend of size and skating to the table. He is a prototypical stay at home defenseman and is not hesitant to play a physical brand of hockey. He keeps the crease clear, and is tough to play against along the boards.

I can't imagine Lou not trying to draft two tough checkers like he used to have and now that one of them is getting there chance I decided to take another look. Corrente being physical and not afraid to hit with a "pitbull style mentality" And Fraser being a stay at home guy who clears the crease sounded pretty good to me. I know I might be being optimistic about these guys but I thought Fraser played a pretty good game, so it got me thinking.

DevsYanksJets
10-25-2009, 02:36 PM

x10.
Clarkson is like old time hockey and plays with so much grit I love seeing him out there and I seen him take a slapper yesterday and he ripped it which I didn't know he was capable of so that was cool to see, I'm pretty sure the Devils will get him back the Devils are the one that gave him his chance to shine and I know Lou likes his homegrown guys so I think there will be a mutual respect and the money shouldn't be that much of an issue.

As far as resting Brodeur goes I think we have to pick out a really weak game in the schedule soon and play Danis. I watched him a lot last year on the Isles and though his numbers aren't that great that kid was looking at 30-40 shots a game and I thought he played pretty well, I think Danis's a perfectly capable backup and we just gotta find the right game to plug him in to give ourselves a better chance to win.

DevsYanksJets
10-25-2009, 02:37 PM
hahaha...yeah, I was thinking that when he scored as well...I thought "I know devs is watching this saying 'holy ****!'" It was a beaut!

Lmao dude I was literally sitting there like where is he going?!?! And then when he put it in :speechless:

DevsYanksJets
10-25-2009, 02:41 PM
And my last post for now. We are absolutely spoiled as Devils fans I have to say. We were going into this season looking pretty rough around the edges and had no real FA signings. All of a sudden we're 5-0 on the road and just beat the defending stanley cup champs at there home. Somehow this team always, always comes through for me. It keeps me sane when my Jets break my heart on a game to game basis.

Jersey Mike
10-25-2009, 10:19 PM
And my last post for now. We are absolutely spoiled as Devils fans I have to say. We were going into this season looking pretty rough around the edges and had no real FA signings. All of a sudden we're 5-0 on the road and just beat the defending stanley cup champs at there home. Somehow this team always, always comes through for me. It keeps me sane when my Jets break my heart on a game to game basis.

hahaha...I wish I could be as right about my football team as I am about bergfors...hahaha

Congrats to you and your jets...they schooled the oakland raiders and thus broke my heart! sanchez even had time to sneak in a dirty water dog on the bench between commercials...we'll trade you jamarcus russell and our hotdog vendor for just about anybody on your team...heck, we'll trade you our hotdog vendor and cut jamarcus for just about anybody on your team...

thank god for the devils!!!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

DevsYanksJets
10-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Lmao but at least you kinda know whats coming with the Raiders my pops bought me a Brett Favre jersey last year (favorite football player ever since i was 8) and look what happened to him/them lol it hangs in my closet all authentic and stitched just hanging in shame.
And I think Bergfors is earning his way the same way Clarkson did, a guy who at first doesn't seem to be a real stud but he grinds it out and finds a way to be in the right place at the right time, and even from time to time breaks a move out that doesn't necessarily come from that type of player. (I'm talking to you David Clarkson and your crazy toe drag!!!) Like yesterday as I said when he started stick handling and driving the net I was like "BERGFORS WHERE ARE YOU GOING YOU CRAZY S.O.B!" In the end it clearly worked out and he grinded it out and finished it perfectly, especially against a floppy goalie like Fleury it was the perfect thing to do.

Another Lemaire thing I am in love with and I know I've mentioned the defense pinching the blue line but last night I also noticed the blue line is CYCLING the puck. Now what this does is pulls the defense out of place, opens up other guys for open shots rather then garbage ones that don't go through and above all wears them out, its no fun chasing the same guys around in a half a circle. Credit to FriarFan for making us look foolish for not wanting Lemaire to come back and as always credit to JerseyMike for calling Bergfors out of the blue.

As I type this the Yankees have clinched a berth in the World Series. :D

Jersey Mike
10-26-2009, 11:06 AM
As I type this the Yankees have clinched a berth in the World Series. :D

haha...yes they did!!! GO YANKEES!!!

DevsYanksJets
10-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Paul Martin might have a broken arm :( I hope Corrente and Fraser are somewhat NHL ready that loss is HUGE.

friarfan07
10-26-2009, 02:43 PM
^ uh oh. didn't hear about that. he's our most complete d-man. hope he gets back in time for our stretch, if not earlier. :facepalm:

Jersey Mike
10-26-2009, 05:27 PM
when did he break his arm???