PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Feel About The Team After Win Against Rangers

Freekshow187187
10-23-2009, 07:27 AM
After the devils game, i felt real good about what i saw except for that strange and awful 2nd period but we have had a few periods like the first period in other games but have come away with nothing. But to see us put up 2 in the first and completely dominate the period i feel this team is making big steps instead of baby even though we had a couple of bad moments on defense.
How do you feel about it and am i crazy for thinking were progressing as fast as we are?

tigeronio
10-23-2009, 08:19 AM
It's about time!

Jersey Mike
10-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I agree completely...the first and third were pretty much us...sutter was horrible with this scenerio, where they would get a goal or two ahead and start playing defense to hold the lead instead of beating the other team up...kinda like going into prevent in football...

problem is, with our system that we play now we are susceptible to the long dumps with a forward hanging at our blueline...we need to be aware of that at all times to keep those kind of goals from happening...

friarfan07
10-23-2009, 02:23 PM
the 3rd gave me confidence in this bunch of players.

marty's misplay behind his net almost cost us a go-ahead goal, we were coming of a stagnant 2nd period, and we were making really silly turnovers with little sustained offense.

but then after that goal 8 minutes in, we relaxed and did what we do best, specifically under lemaire: grabbed a lead and clamped down. not sitting back in our zone, daring them to score, but keeping possession and trying to keep the puck in their zone.

i liked it. that's the NJ devils i grew up with in the mid 90s.

Bricklayer
10-23-2009, 03:16 PM
I like what I am seeing from the team, and they should improve even more when Elias comes back. I am usually quick to chirp Zubrus, but he played well last night. Niedermayer will cool down eventually, but hopefully at that time Rolston will have picked up his game a bit. The only thing that worries me is that Johnny O'douya has played pretty bad since getting that fat contract in the offseason. He needs to pick it up, cause our current defence can't patch that hole forever.

Jersey Mike
10-23-2009, 05:50 PM
I like what I am seeing from the team, and they should improve even more when Elias comes back. I am usually quick to chirp Zubrus, but he played well last night. Niedermayer will cool down eventually, but hopefully at that time Rolston will have picked up his game a bit. The only thing that worries me is that Johnny O'douya has played pretty bad since getting that fat contract in the offseason. He needs to pick it up, cause our current defence can't patch that hole forever.

yeah, I love martin, Odouya and greene...and even mottau got into that fight and tried mixing it up...but we need that dominant defense...

a stevens / daneyko or a neidermeyer / rafalski...boy do I miss them...

DevsYanksJets
10-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Ok so I'll start by saying I am loving the life we got on this board right now I hope we can keep it up I don't wanna jump ship to another site just because its quiet over here. And I also am really quick to get on Zubrus and his play has really picked up as I said he's a HAWK on the puck lately is pretty nice to say. As always there's nothing like seeing a tough guy like Clarkson with enough skills to put the puck in the net. Oduya I think will work it out I might not be remembering correctly but I think he's had a couple slow starts in the past. And I don't think anyones wrong to say we are progressing, it seems like every game another facet of our play picks up, now if we can just start winning at home :eyebrow:

DevsYanksJets
10-23-2009, 11:51 PM
yeah, I love martin, Odouya and greene...and even mottau got into that fight and tried mixing it up...but we need that dominant defense...

a stevens / daneyko or a neidermeyer / rafalski...boy do I miss them...

I can only hope there's one coming down the pike. I can't imagine if Lou brought those guys in once before he doesn't miss them now that they're gone.

Freekshow187187
10-24-2009, 04:35 PM
i been really impress with greene and i always loved martin, it always makes me wonder how he doesnt get 40 if not 50 points a season with his stick handling and great offensive skills and his defense is great also, and also zubrus has look like a puck hawk. parise looks like is ready to go for ninty points again and zajac seems like he wants to challenge parise and hopfully elias is 100% healthy and still same ole elias. but i have never been odouya fan, not saying he isnt good, but last year everyone talked like he was a top four d men and on the same level as martin but i never been impressed with him and he is having a rough start this year.

DevsYanksJets
10-24-2009, 04:44 PM
I think Oduya got played up beyond what his ability is. We didn't wanna lose him so we gave him as much money as we did, no he didn't deserve it but he would have gotten it somewhere else. Tough situation =/

Freekshow187187
10-24-2009, 04:59 PM
true but we got alot of young dman we could of give a shot like corrente or fraser who i think would of been ready this year and im eager to see come up

DevsYanksJets
10-25-2009, 02:31 AM
true but we got alot of young dman we could of give a shot like corrente or fraser who i think would of been ready this year and im eager to see come up

Fraser was in the lineup tonight, I was pleasantly surprised now I wanna see Corrente!