PDA

View Full Version : I'm seeing lots of good out there!

Jersey Mike
10-11-2009, 10:25 AM
last night I saw clarkson poorly covered (even though he was flanked by two panthers) at the top of the crease...he showed nice hands and redirected that puck past voukon who was having a stellar night I thought. That guy played some of the best goaltending last night I've seen this season...I said before the season started that I think clarkson could be good for 30 goals if used properly and I'll stand by that...

Zajac picked up a penalty for BS that he didn't need to do late in the game then scored that big goal from the slot...he looked good last night!

neidermeyer is a truck and I couldn't be happier to have him...he has shown his worth to me and guys seem to play harder around him...rob fights for the puck and his wheels never stop moving! the guy has a never say die attitude and can not only hold onto or take the puck away, but he looks for guys to make plays constantly...this is someone I think that zajac and zubrus can learn a lot from...they definitely have the ability...

the ZZ POPS line looked great and I think if voukon was having an off night, the score would have been much higher...they (the team in general) really peppered the guy!

Marty had one bad goal...the second one...that was a bad angle and I'll give it to him that the guy skated in untouched and damned near made a coast to coast play there...but marty was too far in the crease and on a bad angle...that was a high school goal...something that you shouldn't see often in the NHL...but for the most part, marty looked good for the rest of the night and the team has started to re-gel around him this season...last season when he came back it didn't appear to be as smooth as when we had clemmenson in the net...he seems to be making the transition back to the team now!!!

and finally the offensive minded defensive players that lemaire has been telling to step up...in my mind, martin made more plays in the offensive zone that normal last night...would like to see odouya become a little more aggressive...but did anybody see the moves that andy green made last night!?! he held the blue line with some moves where he looked like freakin' ovechkin to buy some time for a play to develope...I would like to see us use andy a little more than we do...

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!

DevsYanksJets
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Well in the case of the Devils I'm always happy to eat my words and have them prove me wrong and this is no exception. Robby Neids has been exceptional he looks so hungry out there and so gritty I'm very happy with the way he plays he's proving me wrong and I couldn't be happier.

I agree Jersey I think Clarkson should put 25-30 this year he has talent I think he just found his role last year and now has a full season to work with it. With Pierre Luc I think that takes a load off of Clarksons tough guy side because now he can focus more on playing tough hockey then being a tough guy playing hockey.

Andy Greene! The spin move I was like WHAT?! Who is that?! And then I seen and I was like NICE! Not to mention in two games he has two assists.

I was at the Devs-Rags the other day and seen Oduya maul (I think Drury) after a hit on Martin not something I expected from him and it was probably cheap on Oduya's part but it was still nice to see a player of Oduya's type defending a teammate.

I at first was against the Lemaire as coach thing but I was reading the paper this morning (don't remember if it was the news or the post stole it from my dad hahaha) and Lemaires comments were "We'll take it we'll take it" I was like wow he really wants 100% from everybody and thats something I don't think you see so much of from coaches anymore a guy who demands the best night in and night out so I'm on board with Lemaire 100% now and as I said I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Last but not least another player I was never afraid to be very critical of is Zubrus, I think he's really stepped up his play this season though. He's always on the puck and he's gotten better at staying on it and protecting it which I'm very happy to see so hopefully point production follows. Maybe this season will be a pleasant surprise for us Devs fans.

Jersey Mike
10-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Well in the case of the Devils I'm always happy to eat my words and have them prove me wrong and this is no exception. Robby Neids has been exceptional he looks so hungry out there and so gritty I'm very happy with the way he plays he's proving me wrong and I couldn't be happier.

I agree Jersey I think Clarkson should put 25-30 this year he has talent I think he just found his role last year and now has a full season to work with it. With Pierre Luc I think that takes a load off of Clarksons tough guy side because now he can focus more on playing tough hockey then being a tough guy playing hockey.

Andy Greene! The spin move I was like WHAT?! Who is that?! And then I seen and I was like NICE! Not to mention in two games he has two assists.

I was at the Devs-Rags the other day and seen Oduya maul (I think Drury) after a hit on Martin not something I expected from him and it was probably cheap on Oduya's part but it was still nice to see a player of Oduya's type defending a teammate.

I at first was against the Lemaire as coach thing but I was reading the paper this morning (don't remember if it was the news or the post stole it from my dad hahaha) and Lemaires comments were "We'll take it we'll take it" I was like wow he really wants 100% from everybody and thats something I don't think you see so much of from coaches anymore a guy who demands the best night in and night out so I'm on board with Lemaire 100% now and as I said I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Last but not least another player I was never afraid to be very critical of is Zubrus, I think he's really stepped up his play this season though. He's always on the puck and he's gotten better at staying on it and protecting it which I'm very happy to see so hopefully point production follows. Maybe this season will be a pleasant surprise for us Devs fans.

yeah, a lot of people said that I was crazy for saying 30 goals but if you look at the amount of time he spends in the box fighting, not to mention you can get hurt fighting like jansen...I saw last season him working his finese and he still jaw jacks...only now he just gets under guys skin and lets his skills do the talking...I felt good about clarkson at the end of last year and I see big things for him if he stays healthy...

Greene was a surprise to me...Zubrus as well

I wasn't big on the whole lemaire thing either and after the first two losses I was even more against it...but he does seem to hold guys more accountable and they say he is gonna rotate guys more often so that they don't come in and play cold after not playing a number of games, which I think is very smart...maybe he could be really good for our team here!!! all he has to do is get guys to believe in the system and he will be money...the difference in his system now is that he doesn't seem to be as defense minded offense...he seems to attack more with the offense minded defense...which we do have the players for...

DevsYanksJets
10-11-2009, 10:54 PM
yeah, a lot of people said that I was crazy for saying 30 goals but if you look at the amount of time he spends in the box fighting, not to mention you can get hurt fighting like jansen...I saw last season him working his finese and he still jaw jacks...only now he just gets under guys skin and lets his skills do the talking...I felt good about clarkson at the end of last year and I see big things for him if he stays healthy...

Greene was a surprise to me...Zubrus as well

I wasn't big on the whole lemaire thing either and after the first two losses I was even more against it...but he does seem to hold guys more accountable and they say he is gonna rotate guys more often so that they don't come in and play cold after not playing a number of games, which I think is very smart...maybe he could be really good for our team here!!! all he has to do is get guys to believe in the system and he will be money...the difference in his system now is that he doesn't seem to be as defense minded offense...he seems to attack more with the offense minded defense...which we do have the players for...

Agreed, and is it just me or do we pinch the point a lot more often then we ever used to? Which for the record I LOVE.

Jersey Mike
10-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Agreed, and is it just me or do we pinch the point a lot more often then we ever used to? Which for the record I LOVE.

yes indeed...and how 'bout them yankees!?! that lovely sweep kinda made up for the monstrous *** whoopin' my raiders took yesterday!!! got to watch segments of the final game in the series between sets at the five finger death punch concert...another bright spot to an otherwise dismal day...

HOW 'BOUT, LET'S GO DEVILS...LET'S GO YANKEES!!!

DevsYanksJets
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
100% JerseyMike 2/3 isn't bad lol you got your Raiders I got my Jets I think poor FriarFans a Padres fan lmao :confused:

DevsYanksJets
10-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Did we really just come back to beat the Capitals in the shootout? Why yes, yes we did! :clap:

friarfan07
10-13-2009, 01:30 PM
lol. and marty got the best of vech.

hey mike, tell me you've been impressed with what you'e seen out of lemaire so far. it seems like the team is responding to his mantra, considering our last three wins have been of the low scoring, one goal variety. :D

ahhh, devils hockey. if it's boring but successful, it's still successful. lol.

DevsYanksJets
10-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Honestly people say we're boring and they might be right and maybe I'm not looking at it as much from a hockey standpoint as I am a fan standpoint but I don't see it lol. I can't take my eyes and can't help but get excited whenever the Devils are on regardless. They're my favorite team how can I not be excited to watch them? And watch them win for that matter. I'd rather be a boring Devils fan than an excited Flyers fan sitting there going "well we were projected to win the cup all these years but never did :confused:" So I love it either way lol and I would once again like to thank Lemaire for proving me wrong because he's made Zubrus a puck hungry animal and the defense pinches the blue line which I LOVE and which is how you hold the zone for 2+ minutes! (Last night against the caps 2+ minutes in there zone!)

Now if we can only get this board a little more active :eyebrow:

Jersey Mike
10-13-2009, 03:33 PM
yeah, friar I am man enough to admit I'm wrong...I thought lemaire was gonna be the undoing of this team of mostly young nonames and cast offs...I was 100% wrong...the players love him and are buying into his system and I must say...we seem to be on the offensive a lot...that OT period against the caps we seemed to be beating them up and they survived with some good goaltending...

and devsyanksjets...the main difference between us is that your jets are capable of busting one off in ANY team's *** at any given time...the raiders have scored 10 points in like 2 1/2 games...3 against denver and 7 against NYG...pretty sad state of affairs in oaktown...but like I said...LET'S GO YANKEES / LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!!!! hahaha gotta have some kind of hope!!!

this devils team differs from lemaire's others in that they seem to be very offensive minded on the defense and our shot totals seem to be much higher even from when we had sutter...and how nice was it that he had a HUGE embarrassment of a comeback...up 5-0 over chicago and they come back and win it 6-5 in OT...hahaha I hope his whole season goes like that...and I hope he feels better being close to home...HAHAHAHA

JetsYanksDevils
10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
im liking the devils loving niedemyer and loving ZZPOPs and clarkson just like last year...and we still dont have elias so we r gna get alot better as we start gelling...now i no some of u might crucify me on this but i think its time to give are backup goalies some more play i no its early but brodeur hasnt looked sharp ever since the playoffs last season and not to mention he is awful vs the rangers 0-3 last year and 0-1 this year it is obvious the rangers have gotten to his head cuz remember clemensen vs the rangers last year 3-0. i think its time to start thinking bout this it could benefit him and make him better as well.

Jersey Mike
10-14-2009, 05:41 AM
im liking the devils loving niedemyer and loving ZZPOPs and clarkson just like last year...and we still dont have elias so we r gna get alot better as we start gelling...now i no some of u might crucify me on this but i think its time to give are backup goalies some more play i no its early but brodeur hasnt looked sharp ever since the playoffs last season and not to mention he is awful vs the rangers 0-3 last year and 0-1 this year it is obvious the rangers have gotten to his head cuz remember clemensen vs the rangers last year 3-0. i think its time to start thinking bout this it could benefit him and make him better as well.

I agree on all points...patty hopefully eases back in and fits like a glove in the lineup...that will be sweet...

and secondly, I don't think marty should be playing anymore than 60 - 65 games a season...65 TOPS!!!! danis is a serviceable backup just like clemmer was...not to mention, the rangers are on a hot streak right now, but that's besides the point...they should mix things up just because it keeps a team fresh doing so...let marty rest and help extend his season...(AND OURS TOO!!!)

friarfan07
10-14-2009, 02:37 PM
lol, it takes a real new jerseyan to admit when he's wrong about devs hockey, mike. :D lol i'm so kidding man i miss on about everything i say we do and don't need, so at least we're in good company lol.

here's why i think lemaire can be so successful here, in a nutshell. he has a very team-oriented team (no one-man-show, arrogant types like the flyers and rangers seem to get every year). that's the first thing that came to mind in figuring out if lemaire would be a good fit here in my mind.

next, we have a really young team. that means they are a lot more impressionable and faster at learning a new system. this is especially important in ensuring lemaire's success since we never went out and properly addressed our need for a top-tier center (rob has been a great and welcomed addition though, which kinda surprises me). we therefore needed to make our blueline more aggressive and involved in our apparent lack up front. lemaire, despite his conservative reputation, has utilized the defenders A LOT in the offensive zone. defense means controlling the puck, which means time of possession is important especially in his system. so great to see us winning AS A TEAM. that's how we won our cups. timely scoring, staunch defense, and a wall in goal.

lol. ahhh. i love this team. :D

p.s. mike we're still going to a game early next year if you're still down to. i can't believe they aren't coming anywhere near my area this year (LA or ANA). first time i can recall that. i'll tell you when i'm coming bro! AC and the prud, here we come! lol.

DevsYanksJets
10-15-2009, 12:00 AM
It is going pretty awesome this year surprisingly to me anyway but again happy to admit I'm wrong. So Jersey Mike and Friar Fan have both made me look like a fool already. (Good thing its all nice guys on this Devils board or I might have been chased out by now hahaha.) But Friar 100% right on Lemaire and as I said about 100 times before he stole my heart with how I constantly see our defenseman walling the blue line on the boards, no dump CONSTANT PRESSURE. And then Jersey Mike of course making me look foolish when Robby Nieds is turning out to be an amazing signing! And I think Yahn is a pretty damn good goalie the poor kid was on the dismal Islanders last year after only playing 6 career N.H.L games and he still managed to put up a 2.86 GAA and a 0.910 SV% and I think its safe to say he got peppered in a lot of those games. So he should get some playing time hopefully, especially against weaker teams. Lets Go Devils! Lets Go Yankees! Go Jets/Raiders so me and Jersey Mike can have the trifecta! :laugh:

Jersey Mike
10-15-2009, 03:05 AM
yeah friar you are absolutely 100% correct in your assessment...most of us thought that lou was out of his mind and I think that this is why we don't go after a hossa when he is available...however we all have to say, "in Lou we trust!" hahaha

I'm going this friday night to see them at the rock...we will definitely go see a game...just drop me a line and we'll hook up!

and devsyanksjets...it isn't about making anyone look foolish or feeling foolish...I am wrong regularly bro...it is about being passionate, voicing your opinion and agreeing to disagree...the only team I love as much as my devils and yankees is my raiders and I love posting on that thread...but you run into your garden variety that feel if you don't agree with them or don't like a particular player or signing, you are a hater which is crazy...I like to be proven wrong about players and most people don't get that glass-half-empty mentality of the east coasters...so I explain, I am prepared for the worst and hope for the best and that way if a player or coach turns out to be great, I'm surprised and happy...if not, I never got my hopes up...hahaha

good luck to you and your jets...they are playing some tough teams on their schedule and our yankees got a tough road ahead, but I think their bats are hot and our bullpen is better...we shall see!!!

DevsYanksJets
10-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Without a doubt man perfect sports argument mentality right there. If we win both games with Atlanta and Carolina we're a pretty scary team although I'm pretty sure we gotta take one. And I have posted 4 different days in a row and have gotten replies to my post on the Devils forum. I am very happy about this lol keep it up lets get this forum going!

blueman2424
10-22-2009, 12:39 AM
I'll chime in too and keep the thread alive...

I've often relied on people in this forum to tell me some of the more subjective parts of Devils games since I don't have cable and live in Philadelphia (ugh), so I'm glad to see there are some bright spots despite the unremarkable record. I'm very excited to see how the rest of this year turns out (Brodeur SO record pursuit included). I must admit, though, that every year I get worried when the Devils have a slow start, even though it's been somewhat typical lately.

In any case, GO DEVILS!

DevsYanksJets
10-22-2009, 02:36 PM
^ before I say anything because I haven't read your post yet I was too busy looking at the sig. You have the coolest signature I have ever seen.

DevsYanksJets
10-22-2009, 02:37 PM
I'll chime in too and keep the thread alive...

I've often relied on people in this forum to tell me some of the more subjective parts of Devils games since I don't have cable and live in Philadelphia (ugh), so I'm glad to see there are some bright spots despite the unremarkable record. I'm very excited to see how the rest of this year turns out (Brodeur SO record pursuit included). I must admit, though, that every year I get worried when the Devils have a slow start, even though it's been somewhat typical lately.

In any case, GO DEVILS!

Yeah I know how you feel with the slow start thing, it is what it is though and I usually have to remind myself that the middle of the season will come and we will get back to our winning ways.

DevsYanksJets
10-22-2009, 11:05 PM
YES ZUBRUS! Thank you for finally lighting the lamp. I'm really coming around on you and your really working hard and you finally got a goal you crazy lithuanian S.O.B!

God I'm so happy he scored he's got so much talent and he's blown it since he got here but this year he looks really promising and I hope he gets a little snowball effect here.

Jersey Mike
10-22-2009, 11:51 PM
did I not just get done singing the praises of bergfors??? I know he is gonna be a beast...nice win at the garden and whoa...whoa...whoa...ha...ha...ha,ha,ha!!!! to the raingahh fans....

DevsYanksJets
10-23-2009, 01:36 AM
did I not just get done singing the praises of bergfors??? I know he is gonna be a beast...nice win at the garden and whoa...whoa...whoa...ha...ha...ha,ha,ha!!!! to the raingahh fans....

Lol yeahhhh yeahhhh JerseyMike gloat all you want about your praising of Bergfors lol I'm just really happy Zubrus was finally able to get on the board and that tip was a BEAUTY. The guy really deserved one I've been one of his biggest critics since we got him for his stupid penalties and only showing his skill with about one great move a month and one insane game (4 goals) a year. But this year he's been on the puck like a hawk which is awesome especially for time on attack. So keep 'em coming Zube!!!!

Jersey Mike
10-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Lol yeahhhh yeahhhh JerseyMike gloat all you want about your praising of Bergfors lol I'm just really happy Zubrus was finally able to get on the board and that tip was a BEAUTY. The guy really deserved one I've been one of his biggest critics since we got him for his stupid penalties and only showing his skill with about one great move a month and one insane game (4 goals) a year. But this year he's been on the puck like a hawk which is awesome especially for time on attack. So keep 'em coming Zube!!!!

hahaha, yeah they all did well...defense stepped up (although I would still like a headhunter) and the offense reqlly played well...even parise's empty netter was crucial because it broke their back...if he didn't get that they had a chance of tying up the game...marty faced more shots than queen henrietta and overall they won as a team, which I'm happy to see...but I see good things for clarkson (with that great bergfors assist) and bergfors this season...you can tell by the way he skates that he just wants to win...kinda reminds me of parise a little...

blueman2424
10-23-2009, 02:16 PM
^ before I say anything because I haven't read your post yet I was too busy looking at the sig. You have the coolest signature I have ever seen.

Thanks! On a now-dead message board I had it is just the quotes, but decided to get a little creative here.

Anyway, to the point of the Devils, nice win over the Rangers! Seems like things are starting to come together from a time - I always like watching a team where anyone is likely to score on any given night.

Now if they could just turn it around at home, too...

DevsYanksJets
10-23-2009, 11:46 PM
hahaha, yeah they all did well...defense stepped up (although I would still like a headhunter) and the offense reqlly played well...even parise's empty netter was crucial because it broke their back...if he didn't get that they had a chance of tying up the game...marty faced more shots than queen henrietta and overall they won as a team, which I'm happy to see...but I see good things for clarkson (with that great bergfors assist) and bergfors this season...you can tell by the way he skates that he just wants to win...kinda reminds me of parise a little...

Also that goal keeps Rangers fans from saying we only won by one goal :p

DevsYanksJets
10-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks! On a now-dead message board I had it is just the quotes, but decided to get a little creative here.

Anyway, to the point of the Devils, nice win over the Rangers! Seems like things are starting to come together from a time - I always like watching a team where anyone is likely to score on any given night.

Now if they could just turn it around at home, too...

As a fan who was at the Rock for the loss to the Rags at home, I agree. :(

DevsYanksJets
10-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Nicklas Bergfors just scored, I hate admitting when your right JerseyMike lol.