PDA

View Full Version : The Secondary

sirfreshness
10-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Coming into this season I was really excited about our secondary to be shut down. DRC was learning to use his head and not just his gifts. McFadden brought some toughness and experience from a SB winning team. Wilson is Wilson. Rolle found a role at safety that suited his skills extremely well with a year at the new position under his belt he would do even better. We drafted two young guys who had talent but needed some coaching and time to develop. Now i am sitting here 4 weeks (1-2 record) into the season and i hate our secondary. They are still giving up big plays, they are getting used. The Colts young WRs tore us up, Shaun Hill made an 80 yard drive in the 4th against them. DRC is getting abused, McFadden is too. Wilson is still Wilson. Rolle has made some good plays but he is caught out of position a lot. The young guys are doing ok but we cant rely on them. Its very frustrating to watch a group with so much talent blow their assignments, i am not looking forward to Andre Johnson next week it could get real ugly.

hornitosmonster
10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Coming into this season I was really excited about our secondary to be shut down. DRC was learning to use his head and not just his gifts. McFadden brought some toughness and experience from a SB winning team. Wilson is Wilson. Rolle found a role at safety that suited his skills extremely well with a year at the new position under his belt he would do even better. We drafted two young guys who had talent but needed some coaching and time to develop. Now i am sitting here 4 weeks (1-2 record) into the season and i hate our secondary. They are still giving up big plays, they are getting used. The Colts young WRs tore us up, Shaun Hill made an 80 yard drive in the 4th against them. DRC is getting abused, McFadden is too. Wilson is still Wilson. Rolle has made some good plays but he is caught out of position a lot. The young guys are doing ok but we cant rely on them. Its very frustrating to watch a group with so much talent blow their assignments, i am not looking forward to Andre Johnson next week it could get real ugly.

DRC is not being coached correctly. He is relying on his skills and not making his reads correctly. Maybe there is a reason why Pittsburgh did not resign McFadden ...

chadillachembre
10-16-2009, 12:09 PM
The secondary is awful and the worst in football. ranked #32 going into week 6. Thats unacceptable. I pin most of it on DRC. He has been garbage. His 40yrd high step still showed me that he "doesnt get it". hes too immature. if he doesnt get his act together soon hes not going to be in this league too long