PDA

View Full Version : What is Lemaire doing?

Bricklayer
09-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Recent reports of Devils training camp are saying that Lemaire has already been messing with last years line combinations by skating Shanny on the top line. My question is, What is Lemaire trying to prove? All he is accomplishing is disrespecting his captain Jamie Langenbrunner, and frustrating his franchise player in Zach Parise. No disrespect to Shanny, but he is no longer a 1st line player.

Hey Jaques! That was our best line last year, if it aint' broke don't fix it!

Freekshow187187
09-16-2009, 01:34 PM
i believe hes just trying to prepare everyone because i believes he likes to shuffles lines during the game when his team struggling so maybe prepare them for line changes still 3 weeks from regular season and hes just trying to figure how everyone plays..... and hes not disrespecting jamie.

Bricklayer
09-16-2009, 02:46 PM
i believe hes just trying to prepare everyone because i believes he likes to shuffles lines during the game when his team struggling so maybe prepare them for line changes still 3 weeks from regular season and hes just trying to figure how everyone plays..... and hes not disrespecting jamie.

Jamie played great last year. Having your leader play on the 4th line in training camp is an embarassment. You don't do that to veteran players. Rookies are working for a spot on this team, not your captain.

friarfan07
09-16-2009, 04:56 PM
i don't know what's all going on (besides not much on the FA/trade front from lou), but unless or until i see jamie or any other leader on this team publically complain about his new role with the team, i'll let him do his job.

i can think of one big, silver, parabolic-topped reason why i'll trust lemaire until proven otherwise. messing with lines in training camp isn't a big deal. most teams experiment.

friarfan07
09-16-2009, 04:59 PM
rotoworld:

Jamie Langenbrunner has been practicing on the Devils' fifth line.

Brendan Shanahan has been skating with Langenbrunner's usual linemates, Zach Parise and Travis Zajac. Coach Jacques Lemaire is advising people against reading too much into this, but Langenbrunner is a bit puzzled as to why Shanahan has been occupying his usual spot. Shanahan will continue to play with Parise and Zajac on Wednesday while Langenbrunner is expected to sit out. "I'm not reading anything into it," he said. "You just never know what's going to happen. I've been through enough training camps to know that my line on Sept. 15 isn't necessarily my line on Oct. 3." The Devils might be shuffling their lines to compensate for Patrik Elias' injury and want to see if Shanahan can play effectively with Parise and Zajac. The Devils are also hoping to trade for or sign a center, which would force their lines to be shuffled. However, no matter what happens, it's a very safe bet that Langenbrunner won't start the season as a depth forward.

there you go. just some tinkering. nothing serious.

Bricklayer
09-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Maybe I am jumping to conclusions, but after losing Gionta, Madden and now Elias I am a little hesitant when the coach shuffles the one consistent line the Devils had last season.

To friarfan07, as much as I liked the Stanley Cup reference(well played sir), 95 was a long time ago and the game has changed so much since Lemaire won Lord Stanley.

NjDevilsFan
09-16-2009, 05:42 PM
He's not even on the 4th line he's on a 5TH LINE!
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/119050-devils-demote-captain-to-fifth-line
And that is disrespect there are players who haven't played in an N.H.L game yet skating in front of him that can't feel good for a guy who's our Captain and had a career year last year. If anything that scrub Zubrus should be on the 5th line.

friarfan07
09-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Maybe I am jumping to conclusions, but after losing Gionta, Madden and now Elias I am a little hesitant when the coach shuffles the one consistent line the Devils had last season.

To friarfan07, as much as I liked the Stanley Cup reference(well played sir), 95 was a long time ago and the game has changed so much since Lemaire won Lord Stanley.

you were right to make a thread out of it. it is a bit puzzling i'll admit to see your captain come off a decent season and suddenly be on a 5th line the following preseason.

but i think it's just because langs has nothing to prove; he'll be starting on a top line. lemaire just wants to see how others who he isn't so sure about mesh with the top lines (i.e. brendan shanahan). this is shanny's chance to prove he can still be a productive offensive player in the NHL even at this stage of his career.

fear not, my friend. we'll see langs. he's just too good at playing with any line to keep at the top, where talent-evaluating is going on right now.

:cheers:

friarfan07
09-16-2009, 05:50 PM
He's not even on the 4th line he's on a 5TH LINE!
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/119050-devils-demote-captain-to-fifth-line
And that is disrespect there are players who haven't played in an N.H.L game yet skating in front of him that can't feel good for a guy who's our Captain and had a career year last year. If anything that scrub Zubrus should be on the 5th line.

read my last quote. it isn't disrespectful. clearly, langs' position on the team is safe. right now, we are evaluating talent and seeing who could play with zubrus and parise most effectively.

until elias is healthy, we need langs on another line to spread out the leadership and play-making as best we can.

also something to consider; this may be a prelude to a center being signed or traded for. i mean, if we were to pursue a top-tier center, we'd need to be sure that we could effectively shuffle the lines around to accomodate him, while making sure the rest of the guys can gel with different line partners.

again, i wouldn't read anything into this until september 30 when, if langs is still a 5th liner, i will view it as a problem. until then, sit back, relax, and enjoy the offseason. :)

DevsYanksJets
09-16-2009, 06:51 PM
FriarFan you put the most troubling of issues for us PSD Devils fans in perspective, by the time I'm done reading I'm just like yeah ya know what maybe that's right. I must say :clap:

Freekshow187187
09-17-2009, 02:06 PM
and in a big shocking move by lemaire.......today in devils camp zz pops is back together. big shocker.

friarfan07
09-17-2009, 02:48 PM
^ yep. just messing with the lines to see what looks to be most effective.

i like it. gotta try different scenarios to make sure you find the best solutions.

and thanks, devs. i try. :bow:

NJDEVS24
09-17-2009, 03:05 PM
^ yep. just messing with the lines to see what looks to be most effective.

i like it. gotta try different scenarios to make sure you find the best solutions.

and thanks, devs. i try. :bow:

Yeah people need to calm down, he just wants to see what the young guys can do and give them a chance to make the team. Jamie is obviously our captain and is on our first line, that's that, it's preseason, relax.

DevsYanksJets
09-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Ugh Lou said we're gonna look within for our lack of centers I hope his drafting is as good as it was the day we got Parise.

Jersey Mike
09-21-2009, 05:57 AM
read my last quote. it isn't disrespectful. clearly, langs' position on the team is safe. right now, we are evaluating talent and seeing who could play with zubrus and parise most effectively.

until elias is healthy, we need langs on another line to spread out the leadership and play-making as best we can.

also something to consider; this may be a prelude to a center being signed or traded for. i mean, if we were to pursue a top-tier center, we'd need to be sure that we could effectively shuffle the lines around to accomodate him, while making sure the rest of the guys can gel with different line partners.

again, i wouldn't read anything into this until september 3 when, if langs is still a 5th liner, i will view it as a problem. until then, sit back, relax, and enjoy the offseason. :)

I agree with you once again my friend...having coached hockey, there are a couple of schools of thought...(the first I am not crazy about) front 1 and 2 lines heavily loaded with scorers that can wear out during the game and give momentum to the other team later in the game...In this system you need to have defensive loaded players in the later lines and play defense once you get a lead...

then there is the school of thought that I have always coached and that is loading up all lines and balancing them out so that your lines can compete with any line that the other team throws out there...this provideds more rest for your players and as the game wears on, your stars still have their feet under them and can use their wheels and speed while the other team is gassed...

I can't stand to see a coach play 1, 2...1, 2...1, 2...1, 2, 3...1, 2...1, 2...1, 2...1, 2, 3, 4...the lines should be rotated more...short shifts, keep everyone fresh...and just keep on attacking with balanced lines...very hard to defend against a team that attacks non-stop for the entire game...

friarfan07
09-21-2009, 01:51 PM
^agree, and great info. i don't know the x's and o's of hockey too well, so info like that is always appreciated.

the only thing i take back from my prior post is that we could be shuffling to accomodate a new, top-end center. i doubt we see that now. i guess it is up to the youth to step up. in lou we trust. i guess. :D

DevsYanksJets
09-22-2009, 12:16 AM
^agree, and great info. i don't know the x's and o's of hockey too well, so info like that is always appreciated.

the only thing i take back from my prior post is that we could be shuffling to accomodate a new, top-end center. i doubt we see that now. i guess it is up to the youth to step up. in lou we trust. i guess. :D

Yeah if worse comes to worst we finally draft higher then the 20's maybe still make the playoffs and our two Sweedes jump the pond and tear it up.