PDA

View Full Version : Devils 3-way deal with Sharks to get Heatley

Lostnearhell
09-03-2009, 11:29 AM
I am hearing some news that a 3 way deal involving the Senators, Sharks, and Devils may be in the works for the Sharks to get Heatley, this is a large part to do with the Rangers are the other main team to get Heatley. If the Rangers got him, that would probably produce one of the best teams in the NHL (if healthy). Idk who the Devils would get or who they would trade, Thoughts?

DevsYanksJets
09-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Heatley isn't too bad with injuries but Heatley and Gaborik being healthy would be scary as a rag tag as the Rangers are an elite goalie and two people who can move and shoot like them too. I hate to admit it but thats scary shiettt :speechless:

friarfan07
09-03-2009, 03:02 PM
weren't we rumored to be interested in patrick marleau?

if this thing goes down, bet on him being involved. i wonder who we'd have to give up. no elias, no parise, no zajac. no marty. no martin. no langs. anyone else, i wouldn't mind.

DevsYanksJets
09-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Probably prospects or draft picks, I wouldn't mind either of those so much I'm not sure how strong the Lowell Devils are and we always draft at the bottom anyway.

deke173
09-04-2009, 01:03 AM
The deal is already in place, Sharks are just waiting to hear from Marleau who has a no trade clause in his contract. If he accepts the trade he would go to NJ and Heatley would go to the Sharks. As to who the Devils are giving up I have no info for that yet, but I would love to dump Zubrus and White.

friarfan07
09-04-2009, 01:48 PM
^ wow. i didn't really think it would happen (more hockeybuzz ********). although marleau has already nixed a few trades so far this offseason.

but with marleau, we suddenly have a potent scoring line. what line will he be on? 2nd?

i was kinda hoping we'd be in the running for kessel, but marleau would be awesome. we have the space i'd think (he's due $7MM this year or so?).

DevsYanksJets
09-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Ohh man I'm about to get really optimistic about the Devils season, after last season I'm sure we keep the first line in tact.
So you got the 1st line which is nasty as we witnessed last season.
Then
LW: Elias
C:Marleau
RW: Rolston
You have Elias playing with a great center again (its about time!) Marleau who had 30+ goals last year and Rolston's cannon where it belongs on the right wing. Assuming they all play up to par thats 90+ goals on the second line! :speechless:

God I hope thats not from hockeybuzz!

DevsYanksJets
09-04-2009, 08:47 PM
What would our third line look like though? Zubrus centering I guess Shanahan and Clarkson on the wings and then the 4th would be Pelley and two call up's?

NJDEVS24
09-04-2009, 11:51 PM
^ wow. i didn't really think it would happen (more hockeybuzz ********). although marleau has already nixed a few trades so far this offseason.

but with marleau, we suddenly have a potent scoring line. what line will he be on? 2nd?

i was kinda hoping we'd be in the running for kessel, but marleau would be awesome. we have the space i'd think (he's due $7MM this year or so?).

As much as I would like to get marleau, this is from hockeybuzz, and if it's coming from somewhere else someone please post the link because it said on hockeybuzz that the devils are involved in a 3 way deal with the sharks and the sharks are trying to convince a player to go to the devils, but as much as i want to believe it, it is coming from hockeybuzz so lets not get too excited until a valid site reports it.

DevsYanksJets
09-04-2009, 11:57 PM
As much as I would like to get marleau, this is from hockeybuzz, and if it's coming from somewhere else someone please post the link because it said on hockeybuzz that the devils are involved in a 3 way deal with the sharks and the sharks are trying to convince a player to go to the devils, but as much as i want to believe it, it is coming from hockeybuzz so lets not get too excited until a valid site reports it.

Aww man =/ we should make a Devils forum rule no ********* hockey buzz bullshiet! I was freaking out before for nothing!

NJDEVS24
09-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Aww man =/ we should make a Devils forum rule no ********* hockey buzz bullshiet! I was freaking out before for nothing!

The ottawa gm did say that he wants a deal done before training camp because he feels heatley will be a distraction, so if anything does happen it will be within the next week. I think heatley will definitely get traded, there's been too much damage done in that relationship, and we basically know where. The sharks have the best shot at him and have what it takes to get him, hopefully the devils can get marleau but if they do it will be within the week, so if there are any rumors after that, don't believe them, not that anyone should have a reason to believe these until ANYONE but hockeybuzz reports it, but i actually can see lou making this deal to make sure the rangers don't get heatley, cause if they do we are basically done.

But, i did just see that mike comrie is a very real possibility and that lou is interested in him, he is not marleau, but i have been wanting the devils to get him this whole offseason and i think he can atleast score 20 goals this year, which would help make up for gionta. He is still 28 and would come cheap after an off year. I think he would fit in well, we'll see what happens, if anything.

DevsYanksJets
09-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I agree I think Heatley has to get moved but see the thing is the Sharks can't afford his cap hit. Thats where the Devils come in they have just about if not enough cap space for Marleau which would allow the Sharks to take Heatley. Depending on what the Sen's get everyone wins I think this is ideal (again depending on the Sen's) for everyone involved they lose Heatley the Sharks get rid of Marleau and have a potential 50 goal scorer to shake up the playoffs and the Devils finally have a legit center for the second line.

friarfan07
09-05-2009, 03:48 PM
****ing hockeybuzz. least intelligent rumor site i've seen. everything they say is wrong.

we need a ****ing center so elias can score more.

DevsYanksJets
09-05-2009, 07:47 PM
WHILE he can! No more hockeybuzz how many times must I post the site that statistically shows like 3% of his rumors come true? Come on now guys.

friarfan07
09-06-2009, 03:59 PM
i hadn't heard of it until this month, and in the past 30 days, i've seen nothing he say come true except for re-signing shanahan, which wasn't a bold prediciton by any means.

seriously, they should shut it down. blatant lies.

DevsYanksJets
09-06-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm telling you FriarFan that site proved that his posts come true like 3.4 percent of the time its B.S. I'm actually pissed at myself for believing that long enough.

friarfan07
09-06-2009, 04:18 PM
lol. thanks for explaining. i'm not usually one to rumor search for hockey, so i know nothing about decent sites for it, but i knew enough to realize hockbull's problems already. i've never seen a baseball or football site with such misrepresentation of fact.

Jersey Mike
09-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I would like to see the second line addressed as opposed to our fourth line...I would like to see tedenby and josephson develope here...if what they say about josephson is true...he could play our fourth line and penalty kill situations...I would like to see us get someone who is a potential threat and/or set up man!!! we lost some decent players and have done not very much to make up for it....

NJDEVS24
09-07-2009, 04:59 PM
I would like to see the second line addressed as opposed to our fourth line...I would like to see tedenby and josephson develope here...if what they say about josephson is true...he could play our fourth line and penalty kill situations...I would like to see us get someone who is a potential threat and/or set up man!!! we lost some decent players and have done not very much to make up for it....

Josephson and tedenby are not going to be on the roster this year atleast and maybe next to. They are in Sweden for atleast one more year and are too young right now anyway.

DevsYanksJets
09-07-2009, 05:59 PM
They're under contract in Sweden and especially Josefson who has been bounced from the junior to the senior team a couple times the reason you don't do things like that is so you don't limit there ice time or diminish there confidence.

JetsYanksDevils
09-08-2009, 08:07 PM
^^^did u steal my name lol

Jersey Mike
09-09-2009, 06:04 AM
Josephson and tedenby are not going to be on the roster this year atleast and maybe next to. They are in Sweden for atleast one more year and are too young right now anyway.

yeah, I know...tedenby is finishing his second year this season and josephson is finishing his last...what I meant was I would like to see them play for our team as opposed to trading them off unless it was for someone decent...I don't wanna see them traded off for a fourth line something or other, when we should be working on our first two and then see these guys play like third or fourth line when they are ready...

friarfan07
09-09-2009, 01:27 PM
They're under contract in Sweden and especially Josefson who has been bounced from the junior to the senior team a couple times the reason you don't do things like that is so you don't limit there ice time or diminish there confidence.

^^^did u steal my name lol

lol. it's like you're bizarro selves of each other. i bet you'd have a lot in common to watch on tv if you were roommates. :)

DevsYanksJets
09-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Nah thats been my name on ESPN posts, for instance in Patrick Roy's son court case article on epsn I was in a arguement about fighting I just wanted to be able to talk on a forum so I took the espn name over incase anyone else is in both.
And I started a threat concerning the Devils future and prospects I think you guys should check it out.

Jersey Boy
09-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I am hearing some news that a 3 way deal involving the Senators, Sharks, and Devils may be in the works for the Sharks to get Heatley, this is a large part to do with the Rangers are the other main team to get Heatley. If the Rangers got him, that would probably produce one of the best teams in the NHL (if healthy). Idk who the Devils would get or who they would trade, Thoughts?

Sharks trade Marleau & Cheechoo to the Devils for some young forwards and picks.
Elias might not be ready until late Nov. late Dec. Don't need to rush him or he'll be out all year. Saves Cap Space. Cheechoo is the key. He's been injured the last 3 years and is healthy again. At worst he'll be a 2nd or 3rd liner scoring 20-25 Goals. He didn't score 56 goals in 2006 & 37 in 2007 by mistake. Great on Boards. And just turn 29.
Then the Sharks can make a deal for Heatley and keep him away from the Rangers:clap:

DevsYanksJets
09-10-2009, 04:09 PM
I like everything you said but one thing
ELIAS IS HURT?!

DevsYanksJets
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I think we should just get Marleau and Cheechoo I don't like Comrie as much as them two, I kinda think he'd be a waste if those two are available which I think they are. I'm pretty sure the Sharks are more then ready to cut ties with Cheechoo.

Davey24
09-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Yesterday, the report came out saying that it was a 3 way deal between Sens, Sharks, and Kings. But the Kings came out today and said they have no part of this deal. Pretty surprising to hear, seeing as NHL.com had the story listed in its news section, giving names of teams as well as players involved. Guess even they can be duped. So, perhaps the Devils are the third team, as we have been hearing?

DevsYanksJets
09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
The Devils could very well be a third team in exchange for youth and or picks but we would have to clear a little cap too maybe Zubrus, a prospect and a late pick? We'd clear enough cap for Marleau and Cheechoo and this deal would FINALLY get done.

DevsYanksJets
09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
(By this deal I mean I wouldn't have to read "Disgruntled Winger" and Heatley in the same sentence anymore)

Jersey Mike
09-13-2009, 01:04 AM
I saw on BSPN that the kings were the third team to be part of the three way with ottowa and san jose...It looks like things are gonna be quiet here for a bit longer...I feel by now that lou doesn't have his eye or hand on any other big name acquisitions...

NJDEVS24
09-13-2009, 10:23 AM
I saw on BSPN that the kings were the third team to be part of the three way with ottowa and san jose...It looks like things are gonna be quiet here for a bit longer...I feel by now that lou doesn't have his eye or hand on any other big name acquisitions...

The kings are not in the deal, all gms denied it. The sharks traded michalek, cheechoo, and a second round pick for heatley. Its done, we can put this to rest now. Comrie signed a one year deal with the oilers. The only hopes are for kessel or marleau. Maybe the sharks are looking to dump his salary cause you don't strip a player of his captaincy and put him on the trading block and if you want him.

friarfan07
09-13-2009, 02:42 PM
the sharks are idiots. what a terribly short-sighted trade.

i want a ****ing 2nd line scorer! :p

DevsYanksJets
09-13-2009, 03:14 PM
We should either get Kessel or Marleau the sharks need to clear cap space and we desperately need a 2nd line center/scorer. Or we should get Brandon Dubinsky the Rangers offered him 500,000 and want him to be first line center? Maybe we can snag our second line center for Elias and Rolston and get ourselves a diamond in the rough. Not too mention the kid has about as much heart as anyone.

DevsYanksJets
09-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Ohh and he won't report to training camp till he gets a contract more good news for us.

stueything
09-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah we need a second line center and fast. Things are starting to get going and we need to get our second liner so they can all start playing together. time is running out. I BELIEVE IN YOU LOU

i still miss gio

friarfan07
09-14-2009, 01:38 PM
^ me too. mighty mite. :(

we need his replacement. comrie would have been perfect.

NJDEVS24
09-14-2009, 02:43 PM
^ me too. mighty mite. :(

we need his replacement. comrie would have been perfect.

like i have been saying but oh well

NjDevilsFan
09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Kessel is all but done with the Bruins and you have to imagine that the Bruins would take us over the Leafs who are in there division so if we matched the Leafs offer we could deff. get Kessel and we could get Marleau to come along who would be as good as we can get because we need a second line caliber center and the sharks have a lot of cap tied up.

DevsYanksJets
09-14-2009, 11:58 PM
The Rangers upped Dubinsky's offer to like 665,000 we have plenty of cap space to hurt the rangers and get ourselves a second line center he's already not attending camp.

DevsYanksJets
09-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Remember they want him to be there first line center which he is clearly not but we can hurt the Rangers bad and get ourselves a good second line center who plays with a ton of heart its a two for one.

Lostnearhell
09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Let's face it....in reality we won't get kessel or any other decent player available. Looks like its going to be a building season for some god awful reason...Its taking too long for lou to have any tricks up his sleeve. Look at what the rangers did in the off season. They revamped their whole team yet we just lose some guys and get much of nothing in return. :mad:

DevsYanksJets
09-15-2009, 02:15 PM
To be fair I would never want to do a "revamp" like the Rangers do and as I've said we can still get Dubinsky I know it doesn't sound like much but its a second line center we so desperately need, Rolston needs to be able to shoot the puck end of story the guy has a cannon.

Jersey Mike
09-19-2009, 05:05 AM
We should either get Kessel or Marleau the sharks need to clear cap space and we desperately need a 2nd line center/scorer. Or we should get Brandon Dubinsky the Rangers offered him 500,000 and want him to be first line center? Maybe we can snag our second line center for Elias and Rolston and get ourselves a diamond in the rough. Not too mention the kid has about as much heart as anyone.

It sounds like listening to lou that we "are building from within..." we aren't signing anybody from the outside and how I would love to have dubinsky...the dude is a player...doubt the rangers give us dubinski for two older guys...one with a groin injury and a couple of surgeries and the other playing year to year at the end of his career...

now don't get all crazy...I still think elias can play but his career is definitely going to be shorter from this point forward than dubinski and dubinski isn't a diamond in the rough...he is a talented 1st line player...so that I feel is an unbalanced trade...however I think that 550,000 or 650,000 is a little underpriced for the kid...he should be getting a little more than that...

DevsYanksJets
09-19-2009, 06:41 PM
It sounds like listening to lou that we "are building from within..." we aren't signing anybody from the outside and how I would love to have dubinsky...the dude is a player...doubt the rangers give us dubinski for two older guys...one with a groin injury and a couple of surgeries and the other playing year to year at the end of his career...

now don't get all crazy...I still think elias can play but his career is definitely going to be shorter from this point forward than dubinski and dubinski isn't a diamond in the rough...he is a talented 1st line player...so that I feel is an unbalanced trade...however I think that 550,000 or 650,000 is a little underpriced for the kid...he should be getting a little more than that...

Dude Jersey Mike your crazy I was talking about him centering the line of Elias and Rolston I love them both I would never mention them in trade talks!

Jersey Mike
09-21-2009, 05:47 AM
Dude Jersey Mike your crazy I was talking about him centering the line of Elias and Rolston I love them both I would never mention them in trade talks!

my bad, I thought you said "snag for" meaning trade for...